Us
✟43,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Had someone tell me that in heaven and the new earth, all we do is stand around God and sing praise for eternity. Over. and. Over. Again.

Now, please forgive me Lord, as I hate typing this, but sadly its true, that sounds EXTREMELY boring. Just singing forever? I mean its better then hell but its undoubtedly worse then it is here on earth. Which is why my alarms in my head went off that maybe this wasnt true. Heaven is supposed to be earth but WAY better right? Will we have jobs? Hobbies? Technology? Or are we really just going to...sing..

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟761,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I would encourage you to read 2 Corinthians 12. Paul was caught up to heaven where he saw inexpressible things, things he couldn't even tell us about. I believe we live on a very destitute planet here down below. We are plagued with death and all kinds of sorrows. But in heaven, there will be no death. God can do so much with a mortal person on this earth, so just imagine the things He will do with immortal children.

1 Corinthians 2:9, KJV: But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

There is a whole universe out there that appears to be dormant. But once we enter through the veil, we will be set on an endless journey.

Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really like what @friend of said. But I would also encourage you the more you grow in Christ ask Him to bring you more into seeing what He gets out of it and less of what we do. He suffered so to restore creation to Himself. He lost so much in the fall. See what it means to Him in the end when all of creation will be restored to that which it was intended to be, perhaps it will begin to make you think less of yourself.
See Colossians 1:15-24

• Friendly
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,269.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Had someone tell me that in heaven and the new earth, all we do is stand around God and sing praise for eternity. Over. and. Over. Again.

Now, please forgive me Lord, as I hate typing this, but sadly its true, that sounds EXTREMELY boring. Just singing forever? I mean its better then hell but its undoubtedly worse then it is here on earth. Which is why my alarms in my head went off that maybe this wasnt true. Heaven is supposed to be earth but WAY better right? Will we have jobs? Hobbies? Technology? Or are we really just going to...sing..

In my dreams of heaven, there are jobs, hobbies, and technology but even if you don't work in heaven, all your needs would still be met and life very pleasant. There is no poverty in heaven.....Almost like Iceland and many of the Nordic countries.

It's ironic that formerly Pagan countries in Europe got the concept of heaven right in how they run things as opposed to openly-Christian nations who also tend to be very greedy and selfish with money and slanders generosity as communist and godlessness. Greed of money goes hand-in-hand with poverty.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

2 Cor 4:

9 but just as it is written:
“Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard,
And which have not entered the human heart
All that God has prepared for those who love Him.”

The infinite God - creator of the entire universe - having infinite wisdom and knowledge -- "has a thing or two" more to share with the saints once they get to heaven "as it turns out"

Man's present knowledge does not even register as a drop in the ocean of God's infinite knowledge. I don't think the problem is that God does not have anything else to share with mankind.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

The more you read the Bible, and the longer you know and desire God, the more you can see that what people tell you is not dependable.

But as to the singing, our music to God will be better than anything ever heard or that anyone's heart has offered in this life, and HIS SINGING will be immeasurably beyond ours. He is the continuing, eternal, and only source of new! We will be enthralled. But that is only a small part of what is going on there.

Of course, it is impossible to even imagine it, but just imagine where words are no long representations of meaning, but meaning itself. Where work and worship are one and the same thing, so intense that were he not himself our very sustenance we would immediately be reduced to nothing (and this is our rest!) —Where the amazement at what he has done and what/who he is drives us, after all this suffering on earth, to do everything in praise to him. The singing is only a part of that. Not boring, but always NEW.

We will be changed. Your reasonable notion of 'boring' is due to the temporal use of experience. Meanwhile all creation groans until the sons of God are revealed on that day. That is when we find out what/who we really are —not who we think ourselves to be.

But don't listen to me. All this is my notions, and not dependable, from what I have learned about him. Pursue him! "Apart from me you can do nothing" —not even sing.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
[QUOTE="Ggz, post: 76969265, member: 444812"that sounds EXTREMELY boring. [/QUOTE]

Being bored is a construct of time. When there is no time, you can't get bored. It is a different existence...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'm guessing there's a passage I don't have time to look up, saying something like we will be praising God day and night forever and ever. Well we perpetually eat and drink day and night throughout our entire lifetime, right? So that's probably the kind of perpetual praising of God the Bible is talking about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Whoever told you that heaven is just 100% songs are worship does not understand heaven in it entirety (not that I do either really). Praise is a big part of heaven. But there are cities, rivers, trees, animals etc.

Rev 21:22-26 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

Rev 22:1-2 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.​

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

We see above there is a big city of God, and nations and people's come to it.

Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.​

There is food and eating.

Isa 65:17-24 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them. And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.
There is industry in heaven, houses, and vinyards.

There are animals.

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.​

So I agree with pretty much everything you wrote but I just wanted to point out that as I've seen Revelation 19 differently than I have in the past.. the wedding supper of the lamb is not what you think.

So.. traditional interpretation with the popular imagery, the wedding supper of the lamb takes place in heaven and then John was on Earth and he saw the heaven's opened up and Jesus and the saints ride down on flying white horses... they think it's the second coming but...

a simple question changed how I view that chapter Where was John when he saw these things?
John wasn't on Earth looking up at the heavens opening up.
John was in heaven and saw them opened up, and saw Jesus on a white horse, already dipped in blood. Isaiah 63 gives the same imagery and so Jesus had already been on Earth.. and something else stuck out to me. In other scenes in heaven in Revelation, the lamb is always present, you have the elders, you have the 4 beasts, you have the saints/bride, you have God sitting on the throne, and you have the lamb/Jesus.
In Revelation 19, the Lamb is referred to, but not actually shown to be there in the scene. It's not until the heavens open up that we see the Lamb.

SO.. wedding supper of the lamb, takes place on Earth, not Heaven, the bride is made ready in heaven, rejoins Jesus on Earth, and watches Him finish off the Antichrist, False Prophet, and their armies.

Then...
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

So.. maybe the wedding supper of the lamb is "for the birds" you might say.

Maybe I'm off, maybe it's like you think.. but.. now I can't shake that vision of it all. Jesus on Earth before Revelation 19.. and the wedding supper of the lamb being Jesus' victory over the Antichrist and False prophet.
I'm sure there will be a lot of feasting and rejoicing during Tabernacles in the Millennial Kingdom.
But I don't know if it's the wedding supper of the lamb.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Even still with them I'm thinking about Psalm 34:1 "I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth."

It's a sentiment more than a literal thing that billions of people will literally be doing, like it won't just be billions of people surrounding a throne to praise God.

Because for one, God is Omnipresent. you won't need to gather at a temple or church building in a massive group around a throne to praise, nor would it need to be verbal, or in the form of song.

1 Corinthians 10
31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

It's the same.
Adam was never commanded to sing. Adam was told to rule the Earth and replenish it. Obviously he messed that up, but the point is...
what in its most basic understanding is worship, what glorifies God the most.. lip service?

or obeying Him and doing what you were created to do, doing the purpose He wills for you?

What shows more truly who your God is.. words out of your lips, or showing who you obey?

What was Adam's sin, it was not just eating the fruit. What God punished Adam for was because he listened to, and obeyed, his wife, rather than listened to and obeyed God, and his wife, listened to, and obeyed the serpent, rather than listen to and obey God.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's a sentiment more than a literal thing that billions of people will literally be doing, like it won't just be billions of people surrounding a throne to praise God.

Because for one, God is Omnipresent. you won't need to gather at a temple or church building in a massive group around a throne to praise, nor would it need to be verbal, or in the form of song.

1 Corinthians 10

It's the same.
Adam was never commanded to sing. Adam was told to rule the Earth and replenish it. Obviously he messed that up, but the point is...
what in its most basic understanding is worship, what glorifies God the most.. lip service?

or obeying Him and doing what you were created to do, doing the purpose He wills for you?

What shows more truly who your God is.. words out of your lips, or showing who you obey?

What was Adam's sin, it was not just eating the fruit. What God punished Adam for was because he listened to, and obeyed, his wife, rather than listened to and obeyed God, and his wife, listened to, and obeyed the serpent, rather than listen to and obey God.
I think we're in agreement? In Psalm 34 even though David said he continually praises God, he didn't mean he verbally praised God nonstop hundreds of times a day.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Do yourself a favor and just ignore what that "someone" told you. They obviously have a meager understanding about "heaven" and a miniscule interpretive capacity, and it's not something I'd put up with for very long.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TedT

Member since Job 38:7
Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ImCo,
the heavenly state is mental and emotional, not physical. It is the fulfilment of the earthly metaphor of commitment and communion, ie, marriage.

The heavenly marriage can be seen as the culmination of the purpose for our creation since it ends the story of our creation. The True Marriage is one of a totally (perfect) communion and fellowship of loving communication with every person within the marriage including all of the body of Christ and GOD HIMself in a telepathic link, the way the holy angels are linked with HIM now.

It doesn't matter where we go anywhere in the whole universe or what we are doing, we will be basking in the Lord. Unless HE is extravagant in the extreme to make a universe only for us to see one miniscule edge, then HE created it to be all enjoyed by HIS creation to HIS glory, ie, it will be our playground. With our hearts full of praise and thankfulness, we will explore all of HIS creation with our friends and if the temple services mean anything then we will probably all meet periodically in one place with HIM to experience the Shekinah glory together.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well.. ok I will share something you can if you want take wait a grain of salt. This deals with "stand around sing praises for eternity". I was reading how she washed His feet with her tears. Years before that we had went to a Church for over 7 years and once a year they would wash each others feet. Something I would never do..no way. So as I read about her washing His feet with her tears I just asked why was she crying? So I was on my knees in a ball praying and .. hard to explain.. He just walked up in front of me. You couldn't see Him but all that was there was His feet. I could not stop crying to this day even now when ever I remember I cry and cry. I know why she cried. So about a week later I called my mom which I did every week. As we were talking she said "Danny I was at Church and I saw Jesus". Not something we lol like ever talk about but I said ok. She said Jesus was up front in the air standing at His side and there was someone in a ball before Him "was that you?"".

I never needed God to confirm what happened. What did that one moment do to me? I will stay at His feet forever praising Him where before never gave a thought. There is something about Him that touches you forever.

All that being said Ggz amp up all this on earth which is just a gray clouded blurry of what Heaven will be like. I believe that call you have on your life that some never finished you still will after this life. Any thing good here never came from Satan. So people will still make music just MINDBLOWING WONERFULLY better and people will write books and on and on. Yet what the Father has planed no one of us can even imagine. YES it will be that awesome!

Nothing in all creation has to worship Him. There is so much that happens when we do this.. when His presnce comes a joy a peace that you in that moment NEVER EVER want it to end. So much of this life is based on lies. This earth with all the wonders can not compare to whats coming. Like the song playing "How you love me"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think we're in agreement? In Psalm 34 even though David said he continually praises God, he didn't mean he verbally praised God nonstop hundreds of times a day.

Yeah, it's the sentiment that in everything David did he tried to be glorifying God doing it.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Heaven will be fulfillment of all things, even the "boredom" you may temporally have here. It will be the perfect completion of the heart's only true desire, and love will reign above and below. God, who is the midst of her, is that heaven, through and through. It is the creature's exit from the illusions of the world, and entry into the world of Light that is unceasingly glorious. The good and wonderful known on earth is less than a grain of sand of that great city.

Our Lord said that the kingdom of God is among us, and that we now have eternal life. It is that which has always been with you that will shine alone on that day.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
ImCo,
the heavenly state is mental and emotional, not physical. It is the fulfilment of the earthly metaphor of commitment and communion, ie, marriage.

The heavenly marriage can be seen as the culmination of the purpose for our creation since it ends the story of our creation. The True Marriage is one of a totally (perfect) communion and fellowship of loving communication with every person within the marriage including all of the body of Christ and GOD HIMself in a telepathic link, the way the holy angels are linked with HIM now.

It doesn't matter where we go anywhere in the whole universe or what we are doing, we will be basking in the Lord. Unless HE is extravagant in the extreme to make a universe only for us to see one miniscule edge, then HE created it to be all enjoyed by HIS creation to HIS glory, ie, it will be our playground. With our hearts full of praise and thankfulness, we will explore all of HIS creation with our friends and if the temple services mean anything then we will probably all meet periodically in one place with HIM to experience the Shekinah glory together.
The physicality of our existence in heaven puts the notion, "physical", as we conceive of it now, to shame. It is physical, but completely changed. The vapor of this existence cannot approach the solidity of the spiritual.

Reactions: TedT
Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mod Hat On

Some Posts and Responses
have been Removed
in
Thread Clean

RV: Statement of Purpose - Requests for Christian Advice Statement of Purpose
Requests for Christian Advice is a non-debate area for members to ask and receive Biblically-based, Christian advice for a struggle they are encountering.

We would ask that members direct their responses to the member who started the thread and refrain from debating one another's theological beliefs and viewpoints.

Do not use this forum to debate with other Christians as that is not the purpose of the Requests for Christian Advice forum.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Mod Hat On

Some Posts and Responses
have been Removed
in
Thread Clean

RV: Statement of Purpose - Requests for Christian Advice Statement of Purpose
Requests for Christian Advice is a non-debate area for members to ask and receive Biblically-based, Christian advice for a struggle they are encountering.

We would ask that members direct their responses to the member who started the thread and refrain from debating one another's theological beliefs and viewpoints.

Do not use this forum to debate with other Christians as that is not the purpose of the Requests for Christian Advice forum.

Mod Hat Off

I wanted to DM you about this but I can't so I apologize that I have to make a thread reply, but
why'd you delete my first post in this thread, citing Isaiah 65, Romans 8, Revelation 21, Revelation 2 and 3? It was directly addressing OP's question and was probably my most helpful post in the entire thread.

as a person who's in a similar position regarding heaven to OP, a post like what I posted,, showing that the bible teaches a New Earth, with Earthly Activities, and shared rulership with Jesus, is precisely the kind of advice I would need.

Upvote 0