psalmtoday

Oct 12, 2011
✟17,310.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Good Morning:

I really need insight and help this morning. I have been single for the past 9 years. It has been difficult yet God has given me his strenght and grace to face each day. I really don't have friends only acquaintances. I have at least 2 friends in whom I talk on the phone. We don't go anywhere or do anything...we mainly chat on the phone.

I have two sisters in whom I am very close. They are single. They are desiring and praying for their mates/husbands. And if it was not for them I would be very, very lonely. I have this fear that they will meet their mates before me and I will be totally lonely. I hate feeling this way. As I would want to be happy for them. But I spend a great deal of time with them. If they get a mate...will they forget about me? It hurts even thinking about it. Have any of you have this fear or experienced rejection when your friends find their mates? How do I deal with these feelings?

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟843,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
To tell you truth, most of my friends, when they met their partners, dropped me like a hot biscuit. It happens to just about everyone. It's sad, but that's the way it is.

One thing that helps me is taking part in a singles ministry at church. You'll always have friends in a singles ministry and you're not so lonely because you're always doing things and it's so fun!

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟843,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Your sisters will always be your sisters. They're family. I don't think they'll turn their back on you just because they met someone else. But I don't know them personally. I just wouldn't be worried about it :) God has something great in store for you!!

Upvote 0

SweetAvenue

Nov 28, 2011
Massachusetts (North Shore)
✟15,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One of my best friends had a girlfriend for a while and my other best friend still has a boyfriend, and it can be hard because they obviously want to spend time with them and my girlfriend is really good about having time with me and time with her boyfriend, but my guy friend wasn't very good about it. His girlfriend was his number one priority. So I guess it depends on the person. If you're really close to your friends and your sisters, they will definitely keep you in mind. They're not just going to ditch you if you guys are as close as you say you are.

Upvote 0

psalmtoday

Oct 12, 2011
✟17,310.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
One of my sisters was married before. And she and her husband would sometimes invite me to eat out with them or go shopping with them. At times I would feel like a third wheel. But I was thankful that I could still maintain a relationship with my sis. She would always confide and call me when things with her husband weren't going right. She has been divorced a couple of years now. But now she wants a husband and God has shown her husband to her.

Upvote 0

Squeakers

Cat and music lover.
Dec 21, 2007
Way in the back, off to the left.
✟70,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
One of my sisters was married before. And she and her husband would sometimes invite me to eat out with them or go shopping with them. At times I would feel like a third wheel. But I was thankful that I could still maintain a relationship with my sis. She would always confide and call me when things with her husband weren't going right. She has been divorced a couple of years now. But now she wants a husband and God has shown her husband to her.

Methinks you just answered your own question.

From the sounds of it, your sister still thought about you and wished to maintain a relationship with you even when she was previously married...and since you 2 still sound like you're super close, your relationship might not at all change in the future when she finds another special someone. :)

Upvote 0

JC4Life12

Mar 10, 2012
✟15,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To tell you truth, most of my friends, when they met their partners, dropped me like a hot biscuit. It happens to just about everyone. It's sad, but that's the way it is.

One thing that helps me is taking part in a singles ministry at church. You'll always have friends in a singles ministry and you're not so lonely because you're always doing things and it's so fun!

This

I've been single pretty much always and never feel lonely b/c I'm always doing for others

It sounds corny, but it helps to serve

Dating is hard and accusations of harrassment aren't funny when you're simply waving to someone

My take is someone is interested in you... you just don't realize it, yet

Upvote 0