A Dream of Encouragement

MaraPetra

WARNING! Uncoated observations dispensed here.
Dec 12, 2005
Louisiana
✟15,435.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I often dream of tornadoes, especially when my life is stressed. What do these vortexes mean? I don't know; I always assumed it was a metaphor for the chaotic things swirling about in my life...Or perhaps I just watched too much "Wizard of Oz" reruns as a kid :)

Normally, those dreams end with me waking up, terrified.

This morning, a vivid dream was presented, and I want to share it with everyone.

My parents live in a 2-story, 140 year-old wooden home. In the dream, my parents, my grandmother, my eldest brother, my husband and I were in the upstairs bedroom (a huge room, btw...stretches the width of the house). We were all watching TV, and I was separating recipe cards on one of the beds up there.

I heard the newscaster on TV say that terrible weather was entering the area, and at the same time, I looked out the window. Wall clouds were dropping all over the place, and I panicked. I turned around, and lo! Everyone was asleep! I started screaming to each one, "Wake up! We have to get out of here! Tornadoes are coming! Let's go! It's not safe here!"

We all trundled down the stairway, which was (strangely enough) enclosed on the side of the house (instead of central, as it is in the real house). Everyone moved through the living room, into the dining room. I kept asking, "Where is the safest place?" but no one answered. In the dining room, a series of cabinets reaching from floor to the top of the 10-foot ceilings were back (they were removed in our last renovation). I looked longingly at them, but everyone moved on. I followed.

The wind was howling by this time, we could feel the change in air pressure within the structure; something was drawing near! Everyone ran into my old bedroom (which was totally restructured in the renovation) and went into the closet. That made sense, because the closet is located under the central stairwell, and is extremely well structured. But, there wasn't enough room for everyone! I grabbed my husband's hand, and we ran towards the front of the house, where another structured closet was.

When we exited my bedroom's door, the wind hit us! Pieces of light were shooting through the ceiling of the dining room, and it was hard to move with the wind! We struggled through, desperate.

We had to pass by the front door, and as we did so, someone knocked! I looked, and it was the...Cryptkeeper from "Tales from the Crypt:??? Its silhouette was unmistakeable, as was the evil cackle. I thought violently, "Let that evil thing play with the tornado, we'll never survive if we don't get to the closet!" We ran on.

We got to the bedroom, leaped into the closet (which was miraculously empty), and waited. There was a large bar of light between the door and the door frame at the top, and we listened to the wind howl and rage. We heard wood creaking, twisting, exploding. My fear was legendary at that point.

Suddenly, it all stopped. Hubby and I were able to walk out of the closet. The front part of the house looked unscathed, and I thanked God. We exited the house to see what the damage was.

It was heartbreaking. Trees were down everywhere. An addition to the house was gone, stripped to the foundation. Boards were missing from the encasement of the outside staircase, and as I looked, my 12 year-old passed through the stairwell and playfully stuck out his tongue (I take this to mean that through these storms, he will come out okay. This kid is the one I worry over and pray for the most.). Cryptkeeper was nowhere to be found; I assumed the vile thing had gotten whipped away in the wind.

But oh, the front porch, where I had spent many an evening shucking corn and swinging in the old wooden swing with my parents and grandparents! It was as though a giant mouth had come over it, and ate away the whole thing. Splintered wood was everywhere. My heart broke, and for the first time in the dream, I screamed out to God, "Nooooo" over and over again, in a gutteral, raw voice.

I heard something. I looked up, and maybe 20 feet away stood my grandmother. She's 95, unable to move quickly, and almost blind. And, maybe 200 yards behind her, the trees started breaking at the topmost branches, and a great wind began whipping in a circular motion. Another tornado!

What can I do at this point? I can't pick up my grandmother, there's no time! I cried out to God.

And God answered! He told me, in a very calm tone, "Stay here and watch." Terrified, torn between running to save myself and obeying the Voice, I stood rooted and watched the tornado continue to swirl and come closer to us. It was going to be a big one, the biggest one I'd ever seen or dreamed of.

The funnel cloud dipped down a bit, then went back up into the clouds. The clouds themselves swirled, winding like a tight spring where the tornado was. Then, they relaxed, and became as normal clouds, with no circulation.

My heart marvelled at this miracle, and I praised. Then God spoke again, "Look". I looked, and at the start of the house's sidewalk, an electric blue blur, which resembled a bird, sat there. The blue faded away, and in its place was a small, grey dove. I moved towards the dove to take it in my hands, and it flew away. I heard God say, "My peace I give unto you."

There was more to the dream afterwards, but I realized they weren't of God. I awakened with the dream vivid within my mind.

My awakening wasn't marked by terror or fear this time. My heart was peaceful, and as I type this, that peace still surrounds me. It's a great feeling, a beautiful start to a beautiful day.

I hope y'all enjoyed the message as much as I did :)