Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone can help with this dream as the Holy Spirit leads them. Feel free to pm if need be. Those not believing the gift of dreams need not respond as I am very comfortable with who I am in Christ and what the Holy Spirit has gifted me with :).

Background before having the dream (I'm thinking this could be linked) - work had been slow after Christmas and going into February and reluctantly I had to return back to a very challenging school which caused my blood pressure to spike to dangerous levels a couple of years ago to such a degree that I had to resign. I subsequently went into a dream job working for a large Tech company but it was only for 9 months. The week prior to the dream, I had cried myself to sleep as I cannot afford to refuse to go to this school and the kids are really aggressive and you have no support from senior leadership. These past few weeks I have been asking the Lord to help me to understand why I am revisiting such a hostile environment again and I'm basically on the cusp of the usual BP hikes (felt ill last week) and anxiety attacks. The day before this dream I felt as though the Lord had placed on my mind that this was literally a stepping stone and that through trusting Him I will finally leave the environment. So I'm wondering if those with the gift of dream interpretation can prayerfully test the origins of this dream. Normally a "flesh-like"dream from me mulling over things would be forgotten by the time I get to 2 days later. This one is still fresh. OTOH, I had no scripture reference on waking which usually helps me to confirm whether this is from the Lord or not...

The dream itself - it's my first day at a new job within a private sector company similar to the Tech company I worked with last year. In the dream I am over the moon, joyful and I am with other new starters. I am in formal office attire except for the fact that I am wearing beach flip flops but everyone around me seem not to take any notice over my beach footwear even though they have the correct office footwear on. We are greeted by my old Manager (from the Tech company in real life - this part of the dream could be linked to the fact that I had to email her IRL about potential job leads for her) who is overjoyed and remarks that I've finally left teaching. We're given an introductory talk before taking a break. I decide to leave the building during the break to grab something to eat outside. As we walk outside to my right I notice a beach front. I turn to a newbie next to me - who then turns out to be my sister - and ask whether she wants to walk with me on the beach. As we walk on the beach a wave flows in from the sea. I underestimate how close it would come to us and end up getting my feet wet. The water is clear and has the tiny froth-like bubbles similar to when a wave breaks on the beach. My sister did not seem happy that I had allowed myself to get my flip flops wet and we decide to return back to the office. The dream ends as I enter the building being self conscious that I am now formally dressed but with wet sandy flip-flopped feet.

Clear water in the past use to mean something to do with the Holy Spirit for me but that's about as far as I got, especially with the fact that I didn't get a usual prompting of scripture on waking up.

Any prayerful insight wold be much appreciated :hug:

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't have insite into the dream. In fact I wondered why you would remember it. But in reading it it spoke to me about what I was just thinking about and that is taking my reading to the beach to get away from the tension that's been building up around me. Getting away from what used to be my peaceful place to find a more peaceful place that feels more freeing. I even wanted to cancel a visit from my sister because I felt like I was being used. If it were my dream about my situation I would consider keeping the flipflops and ditching the business attire since no one seems to be concerned with what your wearing anyway. The dream you had brought conflict on you from outside sources. Before that you were content. jm2c

Ps water is usually an indicator of life situations. Because it was a small lapping on the seashore it doesn't seem to be too bad but if it were turbulent water it would be more concerning.

• Informative
Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone can help with this dream as the Holy Spirit leads them. Feel free to pm if need be. Those not believing the gift of dreams need not respond as I am very comfortable with who I am in Christ and what the Holy Spirit has gifted me with :).

Background before having the dream (I'm thinking this could be linked) - work had been slow after Christmas and going into February and reluctantly I had to return back to a very challenging school which caused my blood pressure to spike to dangerous levels a couple of years ago to such a degree that I had to resign. I subsequently went into a dream job working for a large Tech company but it was only for 9 months. The week prior to the dream, I had cried myself to sleep as I cannot afford to refuse to go to this school and the kids are really aggressive and you have no support from senior leadership. These past few weeks I have been asking the Lord to help me to understand why I am revisiting such a hostile environment again and I'm basically on the cusp of the usual BP hikes (felt ill last week) and anxiety attacks. The day before this dream I felt as though the Lord had placed on my mind that this was literally a stepping stone and that through trusting Him I will finally leave the environment. So I'm wondering if those with the gift of dream interpretation can prayerfully test the origins of this dream. Normally a "flesh-like"dream from me mulling over things would be forgotten by the time I get to 2 days later. This one is still fresh. OTOH, I had no scripture reference on waking which usually helps me to confirm whether this is from the Lord or not...

The dream itself - it's my first day at a new job within a private sector company similar to the Tech company I worked with last year. In the dream I am over the moon, joyful and I am with other new starters. I am in formal office attire except for the fact that I am wearing beach flip flops but everyone around me seem not to take any notice over my beach footwear even though they have the correct office footwear on. We are greeted by my old Manager (from the Tech company in real life - this part of the dream could be linked to the fact that I had to email her IRL about potential job leads for her) who is overjoyed and remarks that I've finally left teaching. We're given an introductory talk before taking a break. I decide to leave the building during the break to grab something to eat outside. As we walk outside to my right I notice a beach front. I turn to a newbie next to me - who then turns out to be my sister - and ask whether she wants to walk with me on the beach. As we walk on the beach a wave flows in from the sea. I underestimate how close it would come to us and end up getting my feet wet. The water is clear and has the tiny froth-like bubbles similar to when a wave breaks on the beach. My sister did not seem happy that I had allowed myself to get my flip flops wet and we decide to return back to the office. The dream ends as I enter the building being self conscious that I am now formally dressed but with wet sandy flip-flopped feet.

Clear water in the past use to mean something to do with the Holy Spirit for me but that's about as far as I got, especially with the fact that I didn't get a usual prompting of scripture on waking up.

The post is way too long. Didn't read it! I do beleive in dreams, though.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Perhaps, the time has come, to use what you have learned (stepping stone) and work from home.(thus your feet).

• Informative
Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't have insite into the dream. In fact I wondered why you would remember it. But in reading it it spoke to me about what I was just thinking about and that is taking my reading to the beach to get away from the tension that's been building up around me. Getting away from what used to be my peaceful place to find a more peaceful place that feels more freeing. I even wanted to cancel a visit from my sister because I felt like I was being used. If it were my dream about my situation I would consider keeping the flipflops and ditching the business attire since no one seems to be concerned with what your wearing anyway. The dream you had brought conflict on you from outside sources. Before that you were content. jm2c

Ps water is usually an indicator of life situations. Because it was a small lapping on the seashore it doesn't seem to be too bad but if it were turbulent water it would be more concerning.
Thank you Cassia, you helped to remind me that on a personal level, I love being by the beach. If there is a place where I feel most at peace it's by water. So what you've said has helped me a lot :hug:

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps, the time has come, to use what you have learned (stepping stone) and work from home.(thus your feet).
Thank you brother, this has helped me a lot! :thumbsup: Prior to this contract, I was pursuing a business idea which has had to take a back seat again since taking on this job. I was suppose to be building up stock to sell but am too exhausted as soon as I get home due to how challenging the kids are. We have just over a week to go before the school Easter break and I'm hoping to be able to get back onto the business idea then.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The sandals jumped out at me, reminded of scripture that tells us to spread the gospel, witness to those around us and if they don't listen, aren't receptive or even sometimes hostel, then we are to brush the dirt off our sandals and move on.
I know, you just there. ?? The other thing is that everyone is dressed differently, maybe they are different ... as in not Christian.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you brother, this has helped me a lot! :thumbsup: Prior to this contract, I was pursuing a business idea which has had to take a back seat again since taking on this job. I was suppose to be building up stock to sell but am too exhausted as soon as I get home due to how challenging the kids are. We have just over a week to go before the school Easter break and I'm hoping to be able to get back onto the business idea then.

The water catching you by surprise, means the season for change, has come sooner than you expected. Do not miss it, but step out in faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums