Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Blessings that we should be shouting from the roof tops! The everlasting covenant was confirmed during the 70th week. This is what it achieved. (Daniel 9:24)

• First, it finished transgression for those who believe, so the demands of law do not have to be charged against them.
  • Second, it made an end of sins by removing the accumulated sin temporarily covered under the old covenant, as well as removing in advance sin committed under the new covenant.
  • Third, it reconciled us to God whose justice was satisfied by the propitiatory sacrifice of his Son.
  • Fourth, it enabled the righteousness of Christ to be credited to those that believe on him irrespective of the wrongs they may have done.
  • Fifth, it sealed the vision, authenticating Jesus as the One from God and his ministry as the fulfilment of the promise.
  • Sixth, it raised and anointed a new temple, the Church, holy to the Lord, not made by man’s hands. /QUOTE]
Wow, I did think that Putaruru, New Zealand was on this planet! It seems not, if what you list above has happened there.
Daniel 9:24......rebellion will be stopped, sin brought to an end, iniquity expiated, everlasting righteousness ushered in, visions and prophecy fulfilled and the Holy Place anointed.
Not one of these has happened yet, they all await the future completion of the 70th week, the final seven years of this age.
Daniel, Revelation and all the prophets make it plain; there is much testing a trials to come, we all must prove our faith, in order to become true people of God. 1 Peter 4:12, Hebrews 12:8

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, I did think that Putaruru, New Zealand was on this planet! It seems not, if what you list above has happened there.
Daniel 9:24......rebellion will be stopped, sin brought to an end, iniquity expiated, everlasting righteousness ushered in, visions and prophecy fulfilled and the Holy Place anointed.
Not one of these has happened yet, they all await the future completion of the 70th week, the final seven years of this age.
Daniel, Revelation and all the prophets make it plain; there is much testing a trials to come, we all must prove our faith, in order to become true people of God. 1 Peter 4:12, Hebrews 12:8

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
(The text above is quoted from the promise of the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-34.)

Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
(The text above is quoted from the promise of the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-34.)

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Bro. keras, if "not one of these has happened yet", then we're all still in our sin.

Which would include yourself.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That doesn't mean---to anoint the most holy---is referring to that event though. When most holy is used elsewhere in Scripture, it typically refers to a place and or a thing and not a person instead. Jesus is not a place or a thing, He is a person.

Upvote 0

A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ya, bro Keras, you are in serious trouble if Jesus is not de-sinning you

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Our Lord will not be physically revisiting the cross, trust me.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That doesn't mean---to anoint the most holy---is referring to that event though. When most holy is used elsewhere in Scripture, it typically refers to a place and or a thing and not a person instead. Jesus is not a place or a thing, He is a person.

Luke 1
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Acts 4
27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together.

Reactions: A71
Upvote 0

A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luke 4:18 (KJV)
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 1
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Acts 4
27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together.

No one is denying Jesus is holy, certainly not me. I'm just pointing out---to anoint the most holy---that that might be referring to a place or a thing, as in something inanimate. And besides, the fact that was listed last, I see it making little sense that that part gets fulfilled first. Why would the angel list that event last then?

Take a look at post #140. Doesn't look like that poster is taking it to mean what you and some others are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exodus 26:33 (KJV)
33 And thou shalt hang up the vail under the taches, that thou mayest bring in thither within the vail the ark of the testimony: and the vail shall divide unto you between the holy place and the most holy.

Hebrews 9:23 (KJV)
23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

No one is denying Jesus is holy, certainly not me. I'm just pointing out---to anoint the most holy---that that might be referring to a place or a thing, as in something inanimate. And besides, the fact that was listed last, I see it making little sense that that part gets fulfilled first. Why would the angel list that event last then?

Take a look at post #140. Doesn't look like that poster is taking it to mean what you and some others are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Both are legit.

There is no individual more holy than the Son of God.

There is no temple more holy than His Church.

It's common practice to leave the best to the last.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except the initial coming of the Messiah happened at His birth. But very few would conclude the end of the 69 weeks is meaning His birth

I agree.

Considering John the Baptist was the forerunner, He was the one to reveal Jesus as the messiah to Israel.

Prior to John the Baptist, very few knew who Jesus was.

John 1:31 I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”

One thing is for certain, Jesus was already here and present at least 30 years, give or take a few years, when the 69 weeks finished.

I agree

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Bro. keras, if "not one of these has happened yet", then we're all still in our sin.

Which would include yourself.
Quite right, I am a sinner despite my puny efforts to be otherwise.
But I await the great Promises of Jesus, my Saviour and Redeemer, to Return in His glory and to chain up that dragon, Satan. Revelation 20:2
Until that happens, we are all susceptible to Satan's wiles and according to the prophets, things are going to get much worse and many whose faith is weak, will fall away, to their eternal loss.

I regard it as pure nonsense that Daniel 9:24 is fulfilled.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Quite right, I am a sinner despite my puny efforts to be otherwise.
But I await the great Promises of Jesus, my Saviour and Redeemer, to Return in His glory and to chain up that dragon, Satan. Revelation 20:2
Until that happens, we are all susceptible to Satan's wiles and according to the prophets, things are going to get much worse and many whose faith is weak, will fall away, to their eternal loss.

I regard it as pure nonsense that Daniel 9:24 is fulfilled.

It's fulfilled for me.

It's fulfilled for everyone who understands Christ's accomplishments at Calvary.

If not for you, then your salvation is different from ours.

• Agree
Upvote 0

A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's fulfilled for me.

It's fulfilled for everyone who understands Christ's accomplishments at Calvary.

If not for you, then your salvation is different from ours.
Ya. You are in unchartered doubting Thomas territory, maybe "doubting Keras" territory

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I doesn't change what fact? I agreed with you that Daniel 9:26 (b) is about the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

But you apparently aren't agreeing that it is pointing to Titus and the Roman army that did it, and not Jesus.

Correct, I did ask this: "Where does the prophecy specifically mention it being rebuilt a 2nd time after it's prophecied destruction in 70 ad?"

Jerusalem and the temple were sieged and destroyed once by Babylon.
In Daniel 9:25, the angel gives details about Jerusalem being rebuilt after its destruction by Babylon, which would take 7"sevens" or around 49 years

Jerusalem and temple were sieged and destroyed a 2nd time by Rome (Daniel 9:26b)
If Daniel 9:27 is about another temple that is built after its destruction by Rome, where does the angel give the details about the temple and Jerusalem being rebuilt a 2nd time?

And I answered that in my previous post.

This is clearly about Antiochus. When Antiochus went to invade Eygpt (the south), Rome opposed him, so he and his armies left. Many Jews had thought Antiochus had died in the Battle of Egypt, so some began to worship according to Law. When Antiochus returned to Judea and saw them worshiping again according to the Law, he was furious, and that's when he desecrated the temple.
Daniel 11:29-30 At the appointed time he will invade the South again, but this time the outcome will be different from what it was before. Ships of the western coastlands will oppose him, and he will lose heart. Then he will turn back and vent his fury against the holy covenant. He will return and show favor to those who forsake the holy covenant.

This coincides with Daniel 8

There are 2 other places, where an abomination of desolation is mentioned that is not in reference to Antiochus:

Daniel 9:27 (Septuagint) and on the temple [shall be] the abomination of desolations; and at the end of time an end shall be put to the desolation.

Daniel 12:11 “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up

These are most likely what Christ was referencing.

There is no separating of entities that end the daily sacrifices and setup the abomination that makes the sanctuary desolate. The Dan.8:9-14 Scripture about the "little horn" is the same one of Dan.7, and the "he" of Dan.9:27, and of Dan.11:21-45 as the "vile person".

The end of sacrifices in Jerusalem and placing of an abomination idol instead per the Book of Daniel, is accompanied with the rule of ten horns (kings) along with the "little horn" (king). This prophetic parameter for the end Jesus gave us in His Revelation through His servant John; and, the false one Jesus warned of in Matthew 24:23-26 that fulfills the AOD prophecy from Daniel, is the same beast king of Rev.17 that the ten kings will give their power to, and is the same "little horn" that comes up among the ten horns of Dan.7.

The parameter of ten kings (horns) manifesting with Antiochus Epiphanes did not happen. Nor did it happen with Titus. We are to look for another, at the end of this world, i.e., the coming Antichrist.

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keras said:
Wow, I did think that Putaruru, New Zealand was on this planet! It seems not ...

Yep, it’s still here. I’m down at the Putaruru Gospel Chapel. Soon I’ll be holding a piece of bread in one hand, and wine in the other, contemplating the wonder of what Christ has done for us.

The part that amazes me most is that His righteousness has been imputed to us, as Daniel was referring in verse 24. Amazing!

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You mentioned your opinion, but no actual scriptural proof to show that Jesus was cut off at the end (within) of the 69 weeks.

You seem to be ignoring the Hebrew word for AFTER to make your theory work.
Daniel 9:26 AFTER the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing

Or you seem to be changing the definition of AFTER to make your theory work

1. adverb
a. of place, behind, twice Genesis 22:13 (many MSS. ⅏ ᵐ5 ᵑ6 Ol Ew read אֶחָד see Di) Psalm 68:26.
b. of time, afterwards Genesis 10:18; Genesis 18:5; Genesis 24:55; Genesis 30:21; Judges 19:5 +; וְאַחַר in laws of P, as Leviticus 14:8,19; Leviticus 15:28; Leviticus 22:7; Numbers 5:26 and elsewhere

It's simple math per Dan.9.

1st period given - seven sevens = 49 years
2nd period given - 62 sevens = 434 years
TOTAL of the two periods - 49 + 434 = 483 years

Start at 454 B.C. when the command to restore and build Jerusalem was, and add 483 years, and where does it end?

Upvote 0

A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't doubt his salvation. I just wouldn't want it myself.
Hebrews 10. Signed sealed done and dusted

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

21 And having an high priest over the house of God;

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

• Agree
Upvote 0