Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I need my TV for weather, current events and human voices! I mute commercials.
I suggest that you might want to get out more if the only human voices you hear are coming from your tv. I assume that the tv is on when you are hearing them.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I suggest that you might want to get out more if the only human voices you hear are coming from your tv. I assume that the tv is on when you are hearing them.
I don't have a car nor the ability to drive one. I don't have access to public transportation.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Born again followers of Christ, or at least accept Him and repent, start on the road of being a Christian.
I almost wish I hadn't asked such a complicated question. The neighbors who speak to me are Mennonites. One neighbor is a Catholic who stays indoors. I think she might be in her eighties. Another couple are Hindus; the wife doesn't speak to neighbors. The husband is getting old and doesn't come out much anymore. And some couples just stay indoors. I don't know who is saved or not saved. If someone is going to repent and have faith, that is something God accomplishes, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I almost wish I hadn't asked such a complicated question. The neighbors who speak to me are Mennonites. One neighbor is a Catholic who stays indoors. I think she might be in her eighties. Another couple are Hindus; the wife doesn't speak to neighbors. The husband is getting old and doesn't come out much anymore. And some couples just stay indoors. I don't know who is saved or not saved. If someone is going to repent and have faith, that is something God accomplishes, right?

how can they hear without a preacher’. Or a witness. We are his hands and feet and mouths.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟63,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Define saved.

Deliverance. In this case delivered from the penalties of sin. At least that's the closest I can get from some brief study. ;)

Decided to make some changes around the back yard, giving us less to mow (not that it's a large back yard!) Mowing gets tedious as one gets old(er). :)

So yesterday I moved a bunch of garden edging stones from the side of the house to the back to make a couple more flower beds. While doing so I found one small shed snake skin and two pieces of one from a larger snake. We had several bags of mulch from last fall piled nearby and I decided to dump the mulch under some shrubs along the back fence. Lifted the last bag and underneath was a snake! My husband called it a garden variety. Was about 10 inches long. We got it into a bucket and released it in the grassy/scrubby area behind the fence. I searched online for it and decided it might have been a Rough Earth Snake.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I kept a king snake in an aquarium for a while. I fed it mice. It’s name was flakey snakey , in the 70s. He was bored. I gave him I think to some teen age rs and they let him go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
how can they hear without a preacher’. Or a witness. We are his hands and feet and mouths.
Mennonites have preachers and attend church regularly. The Hindus heard the gospel from their neighbors across the street. And we are not God's hands and feet and mouths; that's not in the Bible. I'm not trying to offend you; not at all. Please forgive me but I believe God's word (66 books of the Bible) 100%. God is all powerful and can do more than humans can. If God intends to save someone, He will do it!

God bless you.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟63,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I kept a king snake in an aquarium for a while. I fed it mice. It’s name was flakey snakey , in the 70s. He was bored. I gave him I think to some teen age rs and they let him go.

Nice name! As long as they're not rattle snakes and the like I don't mind them.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Deliverance. In this case delivered from the penalties of sin. At least that's the closest I can get from some brief study. ;)

Decided to make some changes around the back yard, giving us less to mow (not that it's a large back yard!) Mowing gets tedious as one gets old(er). :)

So yesterday I moved a bunch of garden edging stones from the side of the house to the back to make a couple more flower beds. While doing so I found one small shed snake skin and two pieces of one from a larger snake. We had several bags of mulch from last fall piled nearby and I decided to dump the mulch under some shrubs along the back fence. Lifted the last bag and underneath was a snake! My husband called it a garden variety. Was about 10 inches long. We got it into a bucket and released it in the grassy/scrubby area behind the fence. I searched online for it and decided it might have been a Rough Earth Snake.
My yard is large. My daughter mows it about once a week. It's supposed to snow tomorrow but it has been in the 80s this past week!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
A change I made recently, not because of age though, was to buy a new mattress. I have a manageable bad back and as it was hurting, and my mattress was 15 years old, I decided I needed a new one. So I researched them - WHY is everything so complicated today? :scratch: - and walked to the bedding store, with an aching back but that was good so I could feel what type of mattress helped it and anyway walking is good for my back. Now take a tip from me: don't make a significant purchase 20 minutes before the shop is closing. :oldthumbsup:

I lay on their firmness-rating thingy and was told that I needed a firm mattress so I opted for an extra-firm: there's logic in there somewhere! It felt so good under my back. I was told that it had a 'summer' side and a 'winter' side and you just flip it over. I fell for the sales-speak. A 72-year-old with a bad back, and now a bad hip, just about flips a pancake but not a 30cm-deep double mattress! To make it worse my bed is wood-framed and the mattress sits inside it, on top of slats. I'd missed that bit, in the research, about sprung mattresses not being the best sort for slats. Also I stored six cardboard boxes and three suitcases under the bed. They got a bit dusty. It didn't matter with my old mattress: the underside was always the underside. Not now. Later on I would be sleeping on the side that was face down gathering dirt through the gaps in the slats, if I didn't keep it clean. So I had to move all that stuff into the back bedroom and give it all a thorough clean. Then I used an old duvet cover, under the mattress, to cover the slats, which I now clean regularly. The delivery guys wouldn't touch the old mattress, which I dragged into the back bedroom on the morning of the delivery, but placed the new one on top of the duvet cover. So every time I rotate the mattress - should be weekly for 8-12 weeks, I managed 5 - I have to keep the underlying duvet cover in place. :doh::sigh:

I've been sleeping on the winter side for a couple of months. It felt like sleeping on rubble for the first night. Eventually the hardness eased and it's now comfortable, just as it's time to change to the summer side, so I've got to go through all the hardness issues again! Eventually I hope it proves to be a good mattress but how do I get myself into these situations? :p

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Have you considered they got you involved in all these processes in order to have you think the new and improved intricacies involved justify the price? :) Never mind mattresses, I wonder if we ever will see a day where a car isn't loaded with gadgets to triple the price but simply worked and got you where you were going, you know, a 'dumb' car. Remember when the idea was to improve mileage but after 47 years they still get about the same and only the size of the fuel tank has changed so each vehicle goes about the same distance between fillups?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I agree that the gadgets on some products are really annoying. With my mattress I could have done without the summer/winter issue, particularly as our seasons aren't that cut and dried. I've been hot this week, but next week it is due to be cold. However it was partly my fault by not getting there until 20 minutes before closing time, and the Sales Assistant stayed 20 minutes late to get the paperwork done.

I haven't driven for several years, so I was surprised by my friend's dashboard camera showing her how near she was to the car behind when parking. I guess that helping someone park by hand gestures is a thing of the past. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0