Texas
✟62,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The same products offered by Walmart or its associates for delivery usually seem to be less expensive than those from Amazon. I'm not talking about groceries, but other items like bird seed, household items, books, etc. that aren't available at the store itself for one reason or another. The only small complaint I have about WM is that I often find what I want to order, then put it in the basket and it shows that's it's unavailable. I do appreciate being able to order and pick up on occasion though.

I'm pretty sure Target has pickup, delivery and online ordering but I've never tried it. Haven't been a Target person for over twenty years, since they remodeled to compete with Sears. But it seems WM is doing a lot of fancy remodeling lately too.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,393.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've heard that WM is widening the aisles to accommodate robots.
That would be great if they stopped this nonsense of stocking during business hours making it an inconvenience for customers. These detours to avoid palates and service carts can become aggravating as mobility lessens, not to mention the staff who thinks the customer is in their way..

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,393.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Robots will be restocking
I refuse to use the robotic self checkouts. First it takes a job away from someone, and second the store does not pay me to work for them. I have yet to become employee of the month by going through a self checkout. People are so willing to destroy society.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've heard that WM is widening the aisles to accommodate robots.
The store nearest us rearranged everything, took them about six months. I haven't figured out where things are now. Some aisles such as pet food are wider, but others such as socks, underwear, etc. you can barely get through, if you can find them! If two people can't fit side by side, I'd feel sorry for a robot. ;)
That would be great if they stopped this nonsense of stocking during business hours making it an inconvenience for customers. These detours to avoid palates and service carts can become aggravating as mobility lessens, not to mention the staff who thinks the customer is in their way..
Yes! We never had this problem when the stores were open 24 hours, they seemed to do most stocking at night. But the three stores in town here started closing at night during Covid and have not gone back to prior hours, they're open 6 AM to 11 PM. So the aisles are full of boxes and stockers especially in the early morning when we go over. Not to mention a lot of the employees doing the shopping for orders think the aisles belong to them and their big blue carts.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,624.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I've attended an opera in Germany, but it had nothing to do with computers.

My husband had a laptop and I HATED it. I bought a smart phone and got rid of it.
I like some opera arias but I have no idea why a web browser (is it?) is called Opera. My post was meant to be a joke.

I was like the lady in the video clip when I first got my phone but now I really appreciate it. I just wish they would give instructions and that younger people would realise that not everyone has grown up in the personal computer era.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,393.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
that younger people would realise that not everyone has grown up in the personal computer era.
Thats ok. We know how to live in the non-digital world. Remove their power source and their lives become meaningless. They cannot function.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,624.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Thats ok. We know how to live in the non-digital world. Remove their power source and their lives become meaningless. They cannot function.
That's a good point and rather sad if they are so reliant on computers etc.

Part of my frustration lies in the fact that I cannot do certain things because I do not have a banking app on my phone. I wanted to get a delivery saver option, from my online grocery store, but when I tried to pay for it the process failed because they wanted to confirm it was me making the purchase, by using said banking app, so I missed out on cheaper deliveries. I don't have the banking app because I don't know enough about my phone's security. Why couldn't they have emailed to confirm it was me?

But yes we know how to live in the non-digital world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The same products offered by Walmart or its associates for delivery usually seem to be less expensive than those from Amazon. I'm not talking about groceries, but other items like bird seed, household items, books, etc. that aren't available at the store itself for one reason or another. The only small complaint I have about WM is that I often find what I want to order, then put it in the basket and it shows that's it's unavailable. I do appreciate being able to order and pick up on occasion though.

I'm pretty sure Target has pickup, delivery and online ordering but I've never tried it. Haven't been a Target person for over twenty years, since they remodeled to compete with Sears. But it seems WM is doing a lot of fancy remodeling lately too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Try parking without a smart phone these days. No human or cash/debit interactions

I'm glad I don't live in a town where I have to worry about using an app to park! I think the only places around here that still have any parking meters are the airport and the downtown post office.

No human interactions ... That's always sad to think about. But many businesses, etc. seem to be going that route. I called to activate a prescription at the pharmacy the other day and the pharmacy never answered after dozens of tries. Finally went in person to do it. Found out they've changed to some sort of phone app, so people have to text them instead. They said it saves time that people can use more beneficially. How do you use a minute and a half more beneficially?

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,393.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They said it saves time that people can use more beneficially. How do you use a minute and a half more beneficially?
It's rather humorous considering 15-20 years ago you ask a person or business if they have an email or even computer and they looked at you having no clue as if you were from Mars.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm giving up flower gardening and gift buying. Everyone gets $5.00. I don't have to shop for so many relatives, get bombarded with shipping boxes, have to wrap gifts, etc. Do you have suggestions on how to simplify our lives further?
We've sold our second car and we will be moving into a retirement home soon. We are de-cluttering. It's hard to decide at times.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We've sold our second car and we will be moving into a retirement home soon. We are de-cluttering. It's hard to decide at times.
What do people do in retirement homes?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm glad I don't live in a town where I have to worry about using an app to park! I think the only places around here that still have any parking meters are the airport and the downtown post office.

No human interactions ... That's always sad to think about. But many businesses, etc. seem to be going that route. I called to activate a prescription at the pharmacy the other day and the pharmacy never answered after dozens of tries. Finally went in person to do it. Found out they've changed to some sort of phone app, so people have to text them instead. They said it saves time that people can use more beneficially. How do you use a minute and a half more beneficially?
That's cute --- NOT!

Upvote 0