Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, you keep saying that. Sorry there's no evidence. What Jews might have done to Christian scripture would have had no effect whatsoever on whether Christians would have preserved them accurately. But I think it interesting that you don't accept the integrity of your own scriptures.

Both Jews and Catholics hold to the name of God not being written or pronounced. I do not hold to that doctrine. I just gave you some historical facts in the link. You must not know how to read English, or there is something wrong with your thinking.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We all come from Adam.

God has created all mankind from one blood (Acts 17:26; Genesis 5). Today researchers have discovered that we have all descended from one gene pool. For example, a 1995 study of a section of Y chromosomes from 38 men from different ethnic groups around the world was consistent with the biblical teaching that we all come from one man (Adam)

SOURCE: Eternal Productions - 101 Scientific Facts and Foreknowledge

Paul wrote in Greek, at least those he wrote to different churches. How could he have written in Hebrew or Aramaic if these were previously gentiles?

Also, how could Mark have been written in Aramaic or Hebrew only? I heard that it was used mainly for reaching the romans.

Paul was an educated Rabbi who knew Greek, Aramaic, and Hebrew.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Both Jews and Catholics hold to the name of God not being written or pronounced

Wrong. Catholics say nothing whatsoever on that matter and Jews don't have any problem writing the name of God, they just don't pronounce it.

I just gave you some historical facts in the link. You must not know how to read English, or there is something wrong with your thinking.

Nothing wrong with my English, my reading or my thinking. If fact, I do a pretty fair job distinguishing historical facts from fantasies. Your blogs are the latter.

Reactions: Arthra
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wrong. Catholics say nothing whatsoever on that matter and Jews don't have any problem writing the name of God, they just don't pronounce it.

Nothing wrong with my English, my reading or my thinking. If fact, I do a pretty fair job distinguishing historical facts from fantasies. Your blogs are the latter.

I have never known any Orthodox Jew to speak or write the name of God. When the Catholics killed the non-trin Christians they would also burn their copies of scriptures. Jesus: The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until AFTER the year 1525...
when Sir William Tyndale - Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England - INVENTED IT!

The name Jesus was invented about 1525 AD, by Sir William Tyndale, a protestant reformer from Oxford, England.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
We all come from Adam.

LOL. I won't argue that point with you. I was just making fun of the twisted logic that because the Moabites in 840 B.C. were familiar with the name YHWH therefore the Arabs of Mecca who lived 800 miles away would have also known the name.

God has created all mankind from one blood (Acts 17:26; Genesis 5). Today researchers have discovered that we have all descended from one gene pool. For example, a 1995 study of a section of Y chromosomes from 38 men from different ethnic groups around the world was consistent with the biblical teaching that we all come from one man (Adam)

Yes however, that common male ancestor lived in East Africa some 65,000 years ago. We also have a common female ancestor but she lived 200,000 years ago.

Paul wrote in Greek, at least those he wrote to different churches. How could he have written in Hebrew or Aramaic if these were previously gentiles?

Also, how could Mark have been written in Aramaic or Hebrew only? I heard that it was used mainly for reaching the romans.

Yep. So far as I know there is only one gospel which is even rumored to have been written in Aramaic first, and that is the Gospel of Matthew, but the evidence of this is not strong.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I have never known any Orthodox Jew to speak or write the name of God.

They don't speak. As far as writing it, Orthodox Jews during the Middle Ages would never throw away a piece of writing less it have on it the name of God.

When the Catholics killed the non-trin Christians they would also burn their copies of scriptures.

Evidence? Why would they do that? There is no mention of the Trinity in the Bible?

[
B]Jesus:[/B] The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until AFTER the year 1525...
when Sir William Tyndale - Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England - INVENTED IT!

Didn't invent it. What happened is the letter "J" in English came to have the sound we associate with it today. Before that it sounded more like an "I"

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
They don't speak. As far as writing it, Orthodox Jews during the Middle Ages would never throw away a piece of writing less it have on it the name of God.

Evidence? Why would they do that? There is no mention of the Trinity in the Bible?

[

Didn't invent it. What happened is the letter "J" in English came to have the sound we associate with it today. Before that it sounded more like an "I"

Well, you are half right. In German the letter J is pronounced as a Y. Christ name is Yahshua, in modern English it is Joshua. Show us how the name Jesus is the same as Yahshua?

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Actually, that's not quite right. Catholics do not use the Divine name in liturgy. Hence there were succesful moves to alter the Jerusalem Bible for use in liturgy, now called the CTS New Catholic Bible.

Upvote 0

episkopos

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
✟8,108.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Sacrifice will always release power
Excerpt From: Dag Heward-Mills. “Loosing, Sacrificing, Suffering, Dying.” iBooks.
This probably explains why suicidal acts of Islam appear rather to draw people in.
Nonetheless l'm comforted in the fact that, Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice and apart from consistent current statistics , the impact of the sacrifice[even in the future] is confirmed in scripture;
Revelation 7:9
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Amen.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Excerpt From: Dag Heward-Mills. “Loosing, Sacrificing, Suffering, Dying.” iBooks.
This probably explains why suicidal acts of Islam appear rather to draw people in.
Nonetheless l'm comforted in the fact that, Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice and apart from consistent current statistics , the impact of the sacrifice[even in the future] is confirmed in scripture;
Revelation 7:9
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Amen.

The impact of Jesus's sacrifice through the death on the cross was the greatest purpose of his coming, with atonement for redemption of all who would come to it through faith, with restoration of relationship with Yahweh forever with that, and for the gospel with it to be spread throughout this world.

In Islam there is no belief that there is assurance that one is in right standing with God, Allah, at the end of life, and there is only one exception for that, and this is the basis that there will be suicidal acts in Islam by any coming to that for their faith.

Regarding the multitude out of all the nations in that passage, the reference is to Yahweh's people who come out of the great tribulation in the end, meaning they do so after this life. This tribulation to them comes generally with persecution from those in power in this world, rather than what is pursued by those.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
The impact of Jesus's sacrifice through the death on the cross was the greatest purpose of his coming, with atonement for redemption of all who would come to it through faith, with restoration of relationship with Yahweh forever with that, and for the gospel with it to be spread throughout this world.

In Islam there is no belief that there is assurance that one is in right standing with God, Allah, at the end of life, and there is only one exception for that, and this is the basis that there will be suicidal acts in Islam by any coming to that for their faith.

Regarding the multitude out of all the nations in that passage, the reference is to Yahweh's people who come out of the great tribulation in the end, meaning they do so after this life. This tribulation to them comes generally with persecution from those in power in this world, rather than what is pursued by those.

Suicide most definitely does not guarantee one salvation in Islam. Dying in the path of God does but this was never thought to include suicide until very recently, 1983 in fact. In other words it is an innovation and 'innovation' in Islam is a byword for heresy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity. Everyday, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Ever year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity.

Story located here: http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/sina31103.htm
Those numbers probably sound big and impressive. They aren't.

Islam had 1.57 billion adherents in 2010. Assuming that they converted nobody and this rate were constant then Islam would cease to exist in a couple hundred years. However, there are also people converting to Islam faster than they are leaving it. Islam had 1.1 billion adherents in 1990 and 1.57 billion adherents in 2010 - the religion is growing.

Upvote 0

Farm Truck

Custom Title:
Jul 19, 2015
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, you are half right. In German the letter J is pronounced as a Y. Christ name is Yahshua, in modern English it is Joshua. Show us how the name Jesus is the same as Yahshua?
You're mixing your etymologies. IIRC, "Jesus" comes through the Greek.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A lot of stuff in Christianity might be appealing to someone who's lived as a sort of cultural Muslim. there has been a lot of work by missionaries in Predominately Muslim countries, but most of it is done in secret and not on a mass scale, understandably. but God looks at hearts, not demographics.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
smaneck said:
Suicide most definitely does not guarantee one salvation in Islam. Dying in the path of God does but this was never thought to include suicide until very recently, 1983 in fact. In other words it is an innovation and 'innovation' in Islam is a byword for heresy.

That I said something in my last post here concerning suicidal acts was response to the post just previous to it. I don't think suicide is mentioned in the Koran, I don't remember seeing it among the Surahs. What do you see though from Surah 9:111?

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
That I said something in my last post here concerning suicidal acts was response to the post just previous to it. I don't think suicide is mentioned in the Koran, I don't remember seeing it among the Surahs. What do you see though from Surah 9:111?

I think you mean another ayah from surah 9 rather than this one:

"But if they repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, then they are your brothers in religion; and We detail the verses for a people who know."

Perhaps the previous one which speaks of not forming alliances with pagan tribes? It should be read in the context of a treaty that had been made but which was violated by the non-Muslims. And it clearly stipulated the exceptions to this:

"So as long as they are upright toward you, be upright toward them. Indeed, Allah loves the steadfast."

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,624.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity. Everyday, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Ever year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity.

Story located here: http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/sina31103.htm
Politics.

According to website "World Death Clock"
Estimated number of Deaths this year as on Monday August 17 2015,

35,163785 and ticking all the time,
Per sekund 1.80.

What,s all the exitement?

Reactions: Niblo
Upvote 0

Niblo

Muslim
Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics.