• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

5th Woman Accuses Cain of Stiffing Group on Check.

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by DaisyDay, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Touma

Touma In on the cover up

+689
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Others

Puh lease. For your first point, Dems want nothing more than for Cain to run. That is why they are being so silent about this. Cain running is an easy win for Obama.

Your second point: there is a HUGE difference between unwanted sexual advances and consensual sex.

2. IndieVisible

IndieVisible Member

+24
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    So now we see how his 9-9-9 plan works in practice!

Order wine, then don't even pay a dime!

I like it, he should be a politician!

Oh wait..

3. stamperben

stamperben It's an old family tradition

+4,047
    Humanist
    Private
    This all reminds me of a tune I knew while a youth. Perhaps Herman listened a bit too intently to it when he was young?
    Only instead of spilling the $400 a bottle wine he drank it instead.
    Spill The Wine

4. RealDealNeverstop

RealDealNeverstop Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?

+1,183
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I was going to respond to a couple of posts but this is too stupid to keep alive so I am unsubscribing....

5. Self Improvement

Self Improvement Well-Known Member

+70
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I am convinced only by evidence. There is none as far as I can tell.

6. Assuredcw

Assuredcw Citizen for Civil Public Discourse

+26
    Christian
    Private
    If you know anything about sexual harrassment (being a woman would certainly help), actually winning a settlement from a company is a sure sign that something happened. Anita Hill did not receive a settlement for her alleged sexual harrassment that she says she suffered at the hands of Clarence Thomas. I think it still happened, but she apparently chose not to pursue it. But these women got money. Hmm...

7. IndieVisible

IndieVisible Member

+24
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    This reminds me of a few things I've observed in the past..

usually where theres smoke, theres fire

also,

if one person tells you your a jerk u can dismiss it easily, but if u find more then 2 or 3 people calling you a jerk, may be you are a jerk? :)

8. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+3,032
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Is there a difference between white democrat sexual harassment and black republican sexual harassment?
    Washingtonpost.com Special Report: Clinton Accused
    Washingtonpost.com Special Report: Clinton Accused

9. Touma

Touma In on the cover up

+689
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Does anyone else feel like they are being harassed by Cain's creepy smile at the end of his campaign videos? Just sayin'....

10. PeterNY

PeterNY Newbie

+2
    Lutheran
    Married
    Or with any other politician who has been blamed for sexual harassment? Doesn't look like it, seems the smear machine is always ready to go and no matter what happened the politician will come out of it just fine.

11. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+7,521
    Methodist
    Married
  12. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+3,032
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    I don't know about that, but it seems that one is acceptable to some and excused while the other is a terrible thing and inexcusable. I would like a little more consistency myself.
    But I guess this thread is actually about the crime of stiffing others on the check or the idea that stiffing someone on a check means that you are definitely a sexual predator or some other strange theory like that.

13. NightHawkeye

+7,521
    Methodist
    Married
    LOL

Gotta admit, I had similar thoughts ... very puzzling ...

One conclusion would be the old communist adage: The end justifies the means.

14. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+1,676
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Eeeeewww...... :eek:

15. Assuredcw

Assuredcw Citizen for Civil Public Discourse

+26
    Christian
    Private
    grasping the after wind, you *are* following the argument correctly. You don't seem to agree with it, which is fine. :)

But yes, I interpret the stiffing incident as at least partial substantiation for what Donna Donella (formerly of USAID) described, because if it is true harrassment, there will be retaliation for saying no! We women already know that, so Ms. Haberman's including this in her story would have set off alarm bells for those of us "in the know," so to speak. It's authentic. It may or may not be true, but it convinced me because the details you would need to hear have been provided in abundance and in detail, and she didn't make her claims anonymously. She is willing to pay the price of making her claims in public, because she has the truth on her side.

None of this has to do with his ethnicity or his political affiliation, believe it or not. This situation is evil. If someone had invited me to dinner, and then skipped out on me with an $800 tab, I would have paid, but I may or may not have been able to pay my rent or make my car payment. Words cannot tell any of you what an evil thing that was to do to a young woman living on her own, on a small salary.

16. kermit

kermit Legend

+777
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    IMO, running up an $800 check and skipping out on it tells me that either Cain is vindictive (pay back for refusing dinner) or entitled (the rich are often very entitled when it comes to others paying their way). Either way, if the incident is true, it speaks very poorly of Cain's character.

17. NightHawkeye

+7,521
    Methodist
    Married
    Disgraceful use of a good cigar, LOL ???

18. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+1,676
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I wouldn't smoke it.

Not if it was the same cigar. :eek:

19. NightHawkeye

+7,521
    Methodist
    Married
    [NHE shudders for a few seconds ... ]

I see your point.

20. RedDead1981

RedDead1981 Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
    If this is any indication of what's to come, not looking forward to '12...