Visit site
✟980,904.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I took notes on what happened on the live program pertaining to the merger, and here they are in numbered format:

3ABN Live Notes – April 19, 2007

1. Danny Shelton said he had offered Pastor Doug Batchelor a position with 3ABN and he turned it down.

2. Then Danny Shelton offered Pastor Doug Batchelor the position as president and he again turned it down.

3. Then they got the idea of merging the ministries, 3ABN and Amazing Facts.

4. Garwin McNeilius thought this would be a great merger.

5. Shelley Quinn said to Danny Shelton, “When you offered him (referring to Pastor Doug Batchelor) the presidency.....”

6. Monday, April 16th, the 3ABN Board voted for merging with Amazing Facts.

7. Wednesday, April 18th, the Amazing Facts Board voted for merging with 3ABN.

8. New Board.

9. T9, page 221 quote re moving the world.

10. R&H 1890 quote re pressing together.

11. Join these ministries…..

12. 3ABN sees itself as a Supporting Ministry of the SDA Church, not as an Independent Ministry.

13. Danny Shelton alluded to Pastor Doug Batchelor as becoming President of 3ABN from this merger.

14. 3ABN and Amazing Facts will retain their individual identities.

15. Mollie will continue to take care of the Home Front (3ABN).

16. Dr. Walt Thompson said something about Danny Shelton’s willingness to share the burden with Pastor Doug Batchelor.

17. The future officers are not decided however Doug Batchelor will be the likely President.

18. Danny may remain the CEO.

19. However things work out, Danny will not be leaving 3ABN.

Upvote 0
R

Rosie55

i see a lot of assuming, not real truth to what your saying. are you writing a novel? i mean all these "allness" statements aren't worth reading. you are just blabbering. "pretend presidency" OH YAH, i'm sure DB will go for that one. all this other jargon is either your denial and fantasizing or you just are bored and taking up on the left to give you something to say here. i'm going to bed and get good nights sleep and that's where you should be too. it clears the cobwebs of the mind.
'g'nite.
Oh puhleez tm--tomatoe is not assuming anything in his posts, nor is he writing a novel, nor is he blabbering--all accusations from you. I hope your sleep last night has cleared the cobwebs from your mind because you are confused.

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
I would like to say that the merger to me shows the Lord is behind Danny Shelton and 3ABN. If Danny was really as dirty as those here accuse him of being this wouldn't have happened. Watching the Lord move like this gives me goose bumps and brings tears to my eyes. Getting Dishnetwork now opens up a very huge audience base that they didn't have before. The little box for getting 3ABN to places where a satelite dish isn't possible is also the movement of the Lord.

Praise the Lord for His awesome miracles and showing us His will. 3ABN/Amazing Facts will be a great force to spread the gospel for the end times. Satan has tried real hard by working inside to poison the pot so to speak but the Lord is in charge.

God Bless you all,
Jim Larmore

Upvote 0
R

Rosie55

I would like to say that the merger to me shows the Lord is behind Danny Shelton and 3ABN. If Danny was really as dirty as those here accuse him of being this wouldn't have happened. Watching the Lord move like this gives me goose bumps and brings tears to my eyes. Getting Dishnetwork now opens up a very huge audience base that they didn't have before. The little box for getting 3ABN to places where a satelite dish isn't possible is also the movement of the Lord.

Praise the Lord for His awesome miracles and showing us His will. 3ABN/Amazing Facts will be a great force to spread the gospel for the end times. Satan has tried real hard by working inside to poison the pot so to speak but the Lord is in charge.

God Bless you all,
Jim Larmore
Jim you are exactly right! I also praise the Lord in this! His work will go forward and I am thrilled at this merger of two strong ministries. I know that Danny will be happy with the strengths of Pastor Doug and that Pastor Doug will be happy with the strengths of Danny that united they might move forward with this message!

God is so good to us.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟369,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Satan has tried real hard by working inside to poison the pot so to speak but the Lord is in charge.
satan has alway been trying to destroy the church. your stament is in regards to the Danny and Linda controvery. not 3abn as a network. 3abn is greater then Danny Shelton. AS a network it looks like a good move. Danny may or may not be using this a a polotical move. that is undefined, if it is it is a real good move. linking himself with the most popular evengalist in the church.

Upvote 0

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]ADVENTIST NEWS Round up
3ABN, Amazing Facts to Announce "Merger" on Evening Broadcast

By Eddie Schwisow, AToday (541-868-4270).

Danny Shelton, president of Three Angels Broadcasting, and Doug Batchelor, president and speaker of Amazing Facts Ministries, will announce on tonight’s broadcast of 3ABN Live that the ministries they lead are uniting as one, according to official representatives of their respective organizations. Batchelor, who has led the Roseville, Calif.-based ministry since 1994, will assume the presidency of the new organization. Official representatives from 3ABN, including Walt Thompson, board chairman, would not comment on what Shelton’s role would be with the newly united ministry. Shelton, Batchelor and Thompson will discuss the merger in more detail during a two-hour broadcast of 3ABN Live that will begin at 9 p.m. EDT on 3ABN stations and 3abn.com.

"Change in leadership at 3-ABN
By Gregory Matthews, Chaplain, Club Adventist (19 April 2007). Yesterday, April 18, Elder Doug Batchelor, of Amazing Facts, addressed the Board of the Sacramento Central SDA Church in regard to some changes in his duties. As I write this, Elder Batchelor is in flight to the HQ of 3-ABN, where in a special TV program, these changes will be announced tonight. Then tomorrow, Elder Batchelor will fly back to Sacramento to preach Sabbath. These changes have been approved by the President of the General Conference, the President of the NAD, ASI, and the Executive Board of 3-ABN. Danny Shelton is resigning from his position as President of 3-ABN. I do not know, at this point what continued role Danny Shelton will have in the administration of 3-ABN. He is expected to announce today, that he wants to have more free time to devote to however he wants to spend his time.

Elder Doug Batchelor will become President of 3-ABN. The two ministries are expected to continue but under the unified leadership of Elder Batchelor
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
R

Rosie55

Really now! You people are getting desperate. You are trying to read into ANYTHING you can find to make it look like Danny is stepping down. Man, Danny probably couldn't even take a simple vacation without you reading something sinister into it.

I won't repeat the truth here, it has been repeated enough. Believe what you want--think the worst. That is what gossipers like to do--believe the worst. Go for it. But it won't change anything that happens at 3abn.

PERIOD!!!!!

Upvote 0

dclem

Feb 22, 2006
✟15,203.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do not, for ONE minute, believe all those stories about visions and dreams about this merger. I worked there for two years, and I know how things get embellished.

My prediction is that BOTH ministries will now be in trouble. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.:(

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
I do not, for ONE minute, believe all those stories about visions and dreams about this merger. I worked there for two years, and I know how things get embellished.

My prediction is that BOTH ministries will now be in trouble. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.:(

So, are you saying C.A. Murray and Shelly Quinn are liars Duane? Why do you feel it so necessary to put a negative slant on everything involved with 3ABN? Two years is a long time to work for "an evil ministry" prone to embellish or misrepresent the truth.

Do you and I really need to discuss telling the whole truth Duane?

God Bless
Jim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

steffanphilip

Mar 30, 2007
✟7,734.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
tomatoe,
There is enough documentation out there that it should be properly addressed. Until that happens, there are many in the world who will feel that there is a cover up.
You mean, enough allegations, right? The only documents I have seen - irrefutable facts - are Gailon's conviction and Linda's lies...everything else seems to be "alleged" and that is not documentation.

22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Upvote 0

steffanphilip

Mar 30, 2007
✟7,734.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

So you feel comfortable calling both Doug and Danny liars? I know Doug and I know how little he "embellished" anything. Calling a man like him a liar is an insult and you know it.

You have a problem with reality, I think.

Your "group" consists of a liar (Linda) and a con (Gailon). I guess we know who is really lying?

And you know you are lying when you say you "hope" you are wrong. Your hope is just for the opposite to happen!!!

Upvote 0

steffanphilip

Mar 30, 2007
✟7,734.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As we recently moved from one location to another, I have been too busy to keep up on what's being posted here.

In fact, I just managed to catch up on it now.

I agree that there is too much flaming going on here, which is out of character for those naming the name of Jesus.
Oh and did you forget to mention your own little forum, which you control, where pretty much the same muck-raking has happened?

Rank hypocrisy, this.

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟980,904.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How do you know what's going on at MSDAOL where we are discussing this behind closed doors?

Anyway, I don't allow to much flaming there, just as this forum doesn't allow it here. In fact, I prefer there be no flaming at all in any of the forums.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟369,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How do you know what's going on at MSDAOL where we are discussing this behind closed doors?

Anyway, I don't allow to much flaming there, just as this forum doesn't allow it here. In fact, I prefer there be no flaming at all in any of the forums.
welcome back , hey how is it going at msdol. have you ever considered the Name change I mentioned. Or how about a new one "North Americain Adventis Fourm" or "Global Adventist Fourm"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeacefulSDA

Apr 9, 2007
✟7,739.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You mean, enough allegations, right? The only documents I have seen - irrefutable facts - are Gailon's conviction and Linda's lies...everything else seems to be "alleged" and that is not documentation.

In your own words you have convicted yourself.

For they will say "Lord, Lord, did we not write slime and slander on so many forums - bsda, msda, ca, cf? Did we not ridicucle, insinuate, question motives, mislead, evade, all in the name of truth and honesty?" And He will say unto them....
Steffan,
Please show me one post that I have made on any forum that could be called slime or slander.

Upvote 0

steffanphilip

Mar 30, 2007
✟7,734.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Remember me, Daryl? I tried to refute the same allegations around the same time last year in your swamp, er, forum too. And when I left, did you track my IP to ensure I have not returned?

Considering you started this thread, I have to say I'm having a hard time trying not to laugh. You don't mind posting allegations, emails from Gailon, and various other trash but will not allow "to much flaming?"

I'm curious to know how do you determine the difference between "to much flaming" and "just enough" flaming!

Upvote 0

steffanphilip

Mar 30, 2007
✟7,734.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Steffan,
Please show me one post that I have made on any forum that could be called slime or slander.
Please show me one post where I have said "you" have slimed and slandered.

I referred to your own post, your own quote, to say you have convicted yourself.

Upvote 0

PeacefulSDA

Apr 9, 2007
✟7,739.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please show me one post where I have said "you" have slimed and slandered.

I referred to your own post, your own quote, to say you have convicted yourself.
The very one of yours that I replied to, Steffan.

I don't see your current postings as positive discourse by any stretch of the imagination. When I post I attempt to dialogue in a sincere and respectful manner. I believe that is what this forum has requested and what Christians should attempt to do when disagreeing on any issue.

Upvote 0

tomatoe

Apr 2, 2007
✟15,277.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Duane, since you aren't and never have been an adventist, I doubt that you could realistically assess the situation. Amazing Facts has been around since the 60's and has been one of the most loved and respected in the church. 3ABN has been around for 23 years and has been the most powerful and respected media tool in the denomination.
As for your "opinion" because you worked there. Well, you probably should have clarified that you haven't work there since they first started about 20 years ago. They barely even had any equipment to function at that time and very few employees. They were just learning how to raise up a satellite station and like most beginners had a lot of trial and error. Your opinion on what it was like then, as to compared to now would be like apples and oranges. Just imagine, electronically the changes that have been made in the last 20 years not to mention the growing, expanding and spreading out of every department there. No comparison

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.