Not open for further replies.

Pinkpanther007

Apr 5, 2007
✟7,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The scenerio I am giving is that doug will be president/speaker and Danny will be Ceo/founder of the merged orginizations but they weil retain their seperate identities and ministries in day to day operations.
When you marry, you enter in a union but, you still retain your seperate identities and roles in that marriage. If anyone was trying to be deceitful with that, I wouldn't be on here right now explaining it.
I can't help but be reminded of the marriage between Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson.

Upvote 0

Peach45

Apr 6, 2007
✟7,669.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
I do not know how to make this anymore simple.
1. This merger has been tossed around for several years.
Conclusion: 3abn had plenty of credibility and still does and therefore, doesn't need to ride any coat tails.
2. The merger won't change anything to speak of in day to day operations.
Conclusion: Doug and Danny are busy enough with their own ministries without adding more work to each others.
3. What will change? If nothing, why do it?
Conclusion: What will change will be the scope and vision combining Doug's evangelistic and speaking talents with Danny's vision to evangelize the world. 2 heads are better than one as they say. These 2 men working together along with ASI will be producing ideas, locations, new evangelistic series, new programs, while keeping up with constant changing technology to make these visions a reality. Some of the people at 3abn have great ideas on making these things happen. People at AF have great ideas on how to make these things happen. By pooling those heads and ideas together, you have a never ending resource of ways to evangelize the globe. Once a few plans have been constructed they can go before the board, be discussed, and decisions can be made on how to go forward.

This merge was not sudden. This merge had nothing to do with saving either ministry, when both are plenty succesful in their own right. This merge had nothing to do with Danny making a move to step down. This move, in no way, makes it possible for AF to move in and move Danny or 3abn out. Contractually, AF cannot do that to 3abn, nor can 3abn do that to AF. No organizations can merge without safeguards being in place. Danny remains CEO of 3abn, Doug remains director and speaker of AF. Jointly, Doug may hold the title of president of the combined organizations while Danny holds CEO and founder of the joint organizations.

Clarification again and one of the only main and important points I have tried to get across here: Because the ministries have merged to make global evangelizing a possibility, that, in noway changes the way that each ministry is run in day to day operations. Each man will head up his own operations as usual.
Again, THEY DID NOT MERGE to try to run each other's ministries, the merged to have better ideas, resources and means to take the gospel to the world.

And praise the Lord! evangelizing and taking the Lord's last message of love and warning to the world with a modern days tool to reach billions, can be nothing but Good.

If people watched the live on Thursday and couldn't see God at work and his hand in all this, I can only think it is because they object to the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ (the spirit of prophecy) being proclaimed; or because they enjoy evil surmising and being critical and negative.

Regardless. God's word does not return to him void, it accomplishes his will, as he has declared.

A world needs to be prepared and warned, and it will be.

With or without the accusers.

Jesus is coming, and time is very short.

Upvote 0

bonedealer

Apr 3, 2007
✟7,618.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
peach . . . you are right . . . and what i find so hard to believe here is all of the focus on things that don't matter . . . if someone were looking at this with an open mind they would see . . . God leading in the merger, bringing two dynamic ministries together . . . and then opening doors and paving ways to reach even more people with the new satellite opportunity and the slingbox as a means to get the message to places that have no satellite capability . . .

anyone who is open to seeing God's hand at work in this would have to realize that His powerful moving on 3abn is a sign that the heinous work of robert and gailon is not to be trusted, God's hand is not in their work . . . and it IS in the work of 3abn . . .

just 2 cents from the bonedealer

And praise the Lord! evangelizing and taking the Lord's last message of love and wanring to the world with a mordern days tool to reach billions, can be nothing but Good.

If people watched the live on Thursday and couldn't see God at work and his hand in all this, I can only think it is because they object to the commandments of God and the testimony of jeus Christ (the spirit of prophecy) being proclaimed; or because they enjoy evil surmising and being critical and negative.

Regardless. God's word does not return to him void, it accomplishes his will, as he has declared.

A world needs to be prepared and warned, and it will be.

With or without the accusers.

Jesus is coming, and time is very short.

Upvote 0

truthmagnet

Feb 27, 2007
Visit site
✟7,791.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Quote Pinkpanther
It is my opinion that Tomatoe's statement regarding the presidency of 3ABN makes good sense. If Doug takes the title without the position it gives 3ABN the credibility that they don't have under Danny, yet it leaves Danny in charge as the defacto president. Sleight of hand by a miracle worker, if Tomatoe is correct.

well, let's think about what you are saying for a minute. I don't think that is good sense at all. from the viewpoint of an intelligent, decision making board at AF, i don't see them taking that risk. Do you really think Doug and AF would put their name on the line like that; Risk their reputation and take on the responsibility that they would also be the one's now accountable for whatever comes to light at 3abn? Even if the different incidents, involving wrongdoing discussed here over the years, have nothing personally to do with AF, they would be putting themselves in the position of being involved and having to address accountability. I just don't see that that view would be good judgement on the part of AF. AF is not just Doug B. they have a huge amount of people that are involved in that ministry and board and i don't think they answer to whatever Doug says like 3abn does with DS. I don't think for a minute Doug would take the title without the power behind it. I don't think he or AF would walk in there and be accountable to DS or anyone else. AF has a lot to gain that is right, but they have a lot more to lose if they don't have the control.
I definitely believe this is a "changing of the guards" and it is so huge, I don't know how they are going to pull it off, but they know and IMO they (AF) wouldn't risk it otherwise. IMO Danny will basically be retiring. as for CEO/founder, he and linda will always be the founders. that's just history, you can't change that.
I won't quote the rest of the posts here that i find questionable and naive, but i do think most of what has been said as explanation is really a stretch. As for GMc, it looks to me like he was acting as "The Donald" sitting quietly down on the end of the table but yet IMO is the one who said what will be because he is probably the one bailing 3abn and DS out of debt and making sure his money is not wasted. Since DS says GMc is footing all the bills for the attorneys, then GMc has a huge say in what is being done. JMO, but if GMc is footing the attorney bills, which has got to be hundreds of thousands of dollars, he knows exactly what kind of situation DS, etal are in and how much time and money and manipulating it is going to take to get them out of the situation as clean as possible. i think that is who DS is listening to, if you know what i mean.
let me just make an example of where i'm headed in my thinking and whoever wants to yell at me for my opinion can go for it, it's just my opinion and i've been wrong once or twice before. ;)
now, let's say that i have a business. let's also say that i'm not the best business person so i hired an accountant to handle the details. now let's say that i totally trust my accountant and just sign what he says sign. things go great. i'm getting very successful, living a good life and actually pretty proud of myself. one day the IRS shows up, they lock my doors and serve me with a subpeona. i'm in shock. i'm also in BIG, HUGE trouble. my accountant was a crook and a liar and i'm responsible. i'm being held accoutable. ignorance of the law is no excuse. i'm sweating bullets. my wife wants to leave me and take the kids. my house is going to get reposessed if i don't come up with the morgage this month and also the one i missed last month. could it get any worse? they are coming at me from all sides. what am i going to do to stay out of jail? man this is bad. i remember my old uncle morty. he's loaded and he always liked me. i give uncle morty a call. he comes over and we talk. he says he'll bail me out but i have to do things his way because he's not gonna throw away his hard earned cash on my mistakes unless he knows things are going to work out in the end; so.... uncle morty lays out the plan. "you screwed up big time, kid" he says, "so this is what we're gonna do". we are gonna get you out of the limelight & give your business to your brother stan, he's a much better businessman than you anyway. i'll pay off all your debts and cover your lawyers and you will be very busy in court and out of court rebuilding your life and your reputation and hopefully we will keep you out of jail."
"ok, uncle morty", i say. "i don't see any other way out. i need a break anyway. thanks for saving my behind". it's a really hard and humbling experience, but what else can i do.
Just a thought.

Upvote 0

Pinkpanther007

Apr 5, 2007
✟7,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
peach . . . you are right . . . and what i find so hard to believe here is all of the focus on things that don't matter . . . if someone were looking at this with an open mind they would see . . . God leading in the merger, bringing two dynamic ministries together . . . and then opening doors and paving ways to reach even more people with the new satellite opportunity and the slingbox as a means to get the message to places that have no satellite capability . . .

anyone who is open to seeing God's hand at work in this would have to realize that His powerful moving on 3abn is a sign that the heinous work of robert and gailon is not to be trusted, God's hand is not in their work . . . and it IS in the work of 3abn . . .

just 2 cents from the bonedealer
If a measure of success is an indication of God's blessing we would all be Catholic. Their success by far ouststrips that of 3ABN. Also, they have existed continously for almost two thousand years. Would that not be an indication of God's blessing? How about the fact that their membership consists of 1/6 of the earth's population? the fact that entire countries and governments are Catholic? The fact that their television networks cover far more population than does 3ABN? According to EGW a measure of success is no indication that one is of God, nor does the numbers of people they bring into the church.
"Even if wicked men talk the truth, some may receive it; but it does not bring those who talked it into any more favor with God. Wicked men are wicked men still, and according to the deception they practiced upon those who were beloved of God, and according to the confusion brought into the church, so will be their punishment; their sins will not remain covered, but will be exposed in the day of God's fierce anger. {EW 98.1}
These self-sent messengers are a curse to the cause. Honest souls put confidence in them, thinking that they are moving in the counsel of God and that they are in union with the church, and therefore suffer them to administer the ordinances, and, as duty is made plain that they must do their first works, allow themselves to be baptized by them. But when light comes, as it surely will, and they are aware that these men are not what they understood them to be, God's called and chosen messengers, they are thrown into trial and doubt as to the truth they have received and feel that they must learn it all over again; they are troubled and perplexed by the enemy about all their experience, whether God has led them or not, and are not satisfied until they are again baptized and begin anew. It is much more wearing to the spirits of God's messengers to go into places where those have been who have exerted this wrong influence than to enter new fields. God's servants have to deal plainly, act openly, and not cover up wrongs; for they are standing between the living and the dead and must render an account of their faithfulness, their mission, and the influence they exert over the flock of which the Lord has made them overseers. {EW 99.1}

Those who receive the truth and are brought into such trials would have had the truth the same if these men had stayed away and filled the humble place the
Lord designed for them."

Early Writings

Upvote 0

tomatoe

Apr 2, 2007
✟15,277.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Quote Pinkpanther

TM you may have set a new record all of the "wrongs" in your post. All I can conclude is that you have not been reading. For instance:
FACT: AF cannot take over 3abn and 3abn cannot come in and take over AF. If there is ever a parting of the ways, both ministries leave with the assets they brought in. OK?
FACT: 3abn is not in debt and never has been. They have millions of dollars of assets and so does AF. But, actually 3abn has more than AF, which would stand to reason with all their equipment, buildings, inventory, etc.
FACT: Danny is going nowhere, much less out to pasture. I do not know how many times the same facts have to be posted here.
FACT: Doug has no desire to take on day to day operations at a ministry 2000 miles away, no more than DS wants to take another one on.
About the only thing I agree with you on is the fact that Amazing facts involves a lot of people the same as 3abn. AF would definitely not risk their reputation or their ministry if they thought for one minute that Gailons and Pickles allegations were true. They would have access to whatever inside information they needed to make their decision and you see what happened.
Unlike you, this is not naive speculation, guesses or opinions. These are facts and even though a lot of you that have been involved in all the gossip, slander and what if's, want desperately to believe your own ficticious scenerios of Danny being out and AF taking over, It is just not true, nowhere near, and never will be. Do you honestly think a merger this huge in the denomination is done without agreements, contracts, safeguards, etc? I think you are the one being naive.

Upvote 0

tomatoe

Apr 2, 2007
✟15,277.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If a measure of
Early Writings

You can quote and insinuate and slant all you want PP but your comparisons are like apples and oranges. As a denomination we have the truth, and with this merger, even a greater means of getting it out. As an Adventist christian that is "supposed" to be what you want. But because of your own personal feelings, agenda, motives, etc... you can't see the forest for the trees.
Get over it. God would expect you to put aside your jealous desire for revenge and rejoice that more souls can be reached with the 3angels message.

Upvote 0

truthmagnet

Feb 27, 2007
Visit site
✟7,791.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'd appreciate very much if, when you say
"About the only thing I agree with you on is the fact that Amazing facts involves a lot of people the same as 3abn." AF would definitely not risk their reputation or their ministry if they thought for one minute that Gailons and Pickles allegations were true. They would have access to whatever inside information they needed to make their decision and you see what happened.
that you would make some kind of separation and distinction between your thoughts and mine. when you are referring to something i said that you agree with and then continue on with your own thoughts that are definitely not my thoughts you make it appear that that is what i think and said as well. I am quite sure i have never mentioned gailon or pickle in any of my posts here or anywhere else, nor have i quoted them or repeated anything they have said. i don't get my ideas from either of them. i have my own mind and my own discernment. if you disagree with me that's fine. i don't have a problem with that, but you have given no more clear reason or evidence to believe what you think and say is "fact" than i do to my opinions. if you say you disagree with me that's one thing. but if you say i'm wrong, then prove it. if i posted as you have here, then i'd say whatever i think is factual when it is nothing more than the way i see it. same for you.

Upvote 0

truthmagnet

Feb 27, 2007
Visit site
✟7,791.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If a measure of success is an indication of God's blessing we would all be Catholic. Their success by far ouststrips that of 3ABN. Also, they have existed continously for almost two thousand years. Would that not be an indication of God's blessing? How about the fact that their membership consists of 1/6 of the earth's population? the fact that entire countries and governments are Catholic? The fact that their television networks cover far more population than does 3ABN? According to EGW a measure of success is no indication that one is of God, nor does the numbers of people they bring into the church.
"Even if wicked men talk the truth, some may receive it; but it does not bring those who talked it into any more favor with God. Wicked men are wicked men still, and according to the deception they practiced upon those who were beloved of God, and according to the confusion brought into the church, so will be their punishment; their sins will not remain covered, but will be exposed in the day of God's fierce anger. {EW 98.1}
These self-sent messengers are a curse to the cause. Honest souls put confidence in them, thinking that they are moving in the counsel of God and that they are in union with the church, and therefore suffer them to administer the ordinances, and, as duty is made plain that they must do their first works, allow themselves to be baptized by them. But when light comes, as it surely will, and they are aware that these men are not what they understood them to be, God's called and chosen messengers, they are thrown into trial and doubt as to the truth they have received and feel that they must learn it all over again; they are troubled and perplexed by the enemy about all their experience, whether God has led them or not, and are not satisfied until they are again baptized and begin anew. It is much more wearing to the spirits of God's messengers to go into places where those have been who have exerted this wrong influence than to enter new fields. God's servants have to deal plainly, act openly, and not cover up wrongs; for they are standing between the living and the dead and must render an account of their faithfulness, their mission, and the influence they exert over the flock of which the Lord has made them overseers. {EW 99.1}

Those who receive the truth and are brought into such trials would have had the truth the same if these men had stayed away and filled the humble place the
Lord designed for them."

Early Writings
AWESOME PP. Early Writings is one of my favorites. Thanks for posting it.

Upvote 0

franny

Mar 30, 2007
Here, There, and Everywhere!
✟7,664.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
TM you may have set a new record all of the "wrongs" in your post. All I can conclude is that you have not been reading. For instance:
FACT: AF cannot take over 3abn and 3abn cannot come in and take over AF. If there is ever a parting of the ways, both ministries leave with the assets they brought in. OK?
FACT: 3abn is not in debt and never has been. They have millions of dollars of assets and so does AF. But, actually 3abn has more than AF, which would stand to reason with all their equipment, buildings, inventory, etc.
FACT: Danny is going nowhere, much less out to pasture. I do not know how many times the same facts have to be posted here.
FACT: Doug has no desire to take on day to day operations at a ministry 2000 miles away, no more than DS wants to take another one on.
About the only thing I agree with you on is the fact that Amazing facts involves a lot of people the same as 3abn. AF would definitely not risk their reputation or their ministry if they thought for one minute that Gailons and Pickles allegations were true. They would have access to whatever inside information they needed to make their decision and you see what happened.
Unlike you, this is not naive speculation, guesses or opinions. These are facts and even though a lot of you that have been involved in all the gossip, slander and what if's, want desperately to believe your own ficticious scenerios of Danny being out and AF taking over, It is just not true, nowhere near, and never will be. Do you honestly think a merger this huge in the denomination is done without agreements, contracts, safeguards, etc? I think you are the one being naive.
Tomatoe;

I read the points you made.

My question is this:

1. If everything stays the same at 3ABN, and at Amazing Facts, why was there a merger?
2. Amazing Facts can air all day long on 3ABN, so why merge with 3ABN?
3. What is to be gained?
4. What is to be gained by 3ABN in this merger?
5. Shouldn't there be a win , win situation?
6. Why would 3ABN agree to a merger if there was nothing to gain?

Can you help me understand?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
R

Rosie55

Tomatoe;

My question is this:

1. If everything stays the same at 3ABN, and at Amazing Facts, why was there a merger?
3. What is to be gained?

hello? hello? Anyone out there? Anyone thinking? Anyone reading anything?

Frannie all your questions have already been answered...how many times must it be repeated? Go back and read the posts again please--tomatoe has repeated over and over again the answers to your questions....

Upvote 0

steffanphilip

Mar 30, 2007
✟7,734.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The very one of yours that I replied to, Steffan.

I don't see your current postings as positive discourse by any stretch of the imagination. When I post I attempt to dialogue in a sincere and respectful manner. I believe that is what this forum has requested and what Christians should attempt to do when disagreeing on any issue.
The problem with your postings as I see it - you pretend to post in a Christian manner - when all you want to do is continue stirring the pot. Looking at an example of what I mean - take a look at this post of yours a little later
" That further explains tomatoe and Steffan posting about Doug dismissing the allegations of pastoral abuse."
Now, really. You made a totally wrong statement.

Take a look at any of my posts and tell me where I said Doug dismissed the allegations. All I said was, I know Doug and what was said about his thought processes and feelings were inaccurate.

By the way, did you hear about Gailon calling up Amazing Facts and demanding to speak to Doug? To nobody's surprise, except Gailon's, he could not get through.

That should tell you about the kind of people your group associates with...liars and cons.

But, please free to spin away. I'll be watching....

Upvote 0

steffanphilip

Mar 30, 2007
✟7,734.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
tomatoe,
1. Mollie S. told Gregory Matthews that Danny told the 3abn board that he wants to step down.
2. Gregory Matthews said both ministries would continue but under the unified leadership of Doug Batchelor.
3. Steffan says he was told Doug does not believe the allegations and shrugs off the ones behind the allegations.
4. Who is saying the other groups have "forced" Doug to merge with 3abn? That is news to me. The only ones I have seen saying that are you and Steffan.

Click here to read what was actually said on BSDA

Someone did speculate this was as a result of Linda's new lawyer. That someone was mistaken in his speculation, obviously.
Another spinner in the works?

Please point out where I said "Steffan says he was told Doug does not believe the allegations "

Also, please point out where I said anything about the merger? Where did I say that "groups have forced Doug to merge with 3ABN" - with that said - I have no idea where you are reading this stuff....

I do not need to be told about what Doug thinks. I specifically said, "I know Doug."

From where did you cook up this line? That's why I said you pretend to post in a Christian manner when all you want to do is stir the pot.

Upvote 0

Peach45

Apr 6, 2007
✟7,669.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
I do not know how to make this anymore simple.

1. This merger has been tossed around for several years.
Conclusion: 3abn had plenty of credibility and still does and therefore, doesn't need to ride any coat tails.

2. The merger won't change anything to speak of in day to day operations.
Conclusion: Doug and Danny are busy enough with their own ministries without adding more work to each others.

3. What will change? If nothing, why do it?
Conclusion: What will change will be the scope and vision combining Doug's evangelistic and speaking talents with Danny's vision to evangelize the world. 2 heads are better than one as they say. These 2 men working together along with ASI will be producing ideas, locations, new evangelistic series, new programs, while keeping up with constant changing technology to make these visions a reality. Some of the people at 3abn have great ideas on making these things happen. People at AF have great ideas on how to make these things happen. By pooling those heads and ideas together, you have a never ending resource of ways to evangelize the globe. Once a few plans have been constructed they can go before the board, be discussed, and decisions can be made on how to go forward.

This merge was not sudden. This merge had nothing to do with saving either ministry, when both are plenty succesful in their own right. This merge had nothing to do with Danny making a move to step down. This move, in no way, makes it possible for AF to move in and move Danny or 3abn out. Contractually, AF cannot do that to 3abn, nor can 3abn do that to AF. No organizations can merge without safeguards being in place. Danny remains CEO of 3abn, Doug remains director and speaker of AF. Jointly, Doug may hold the title of president of the combined organizations while Danny holds CEO and founder of the joint organizations.

Clarification again and one of the only main and important points I have tried to get across here: Because the ministries have merged to make global evangelizing a possibility, that, in noway changes the way that each ministry is run in day to day operations. Each man will head up his own operations as usual.
Again, THEY DID NOT MERGE to try to run each other's ministries, the merged to have better ideas, resources and means to take the gospel to the world.

Tomatoe;

My question is this:

3. What is to be gained?

Oh for pity's sake!

Did you watch the live and hear and comprehend what D.B. and D.S, both said?

If not please watch it. 3ABN Today LIVE will be rebroadcast today, Sunday, April 22, at 3 p.m. central time.

What about these press releases from both websites, don't you understand, or are you unwilling to accept and believe???

Press Release - 04/19/07
3ABN AND AMAZING FACTS TO UNITE MINISTRIES
MEDIA RELEASE

For More Information, Contact:
Mollie Steenson, 3ABN General Manager
Office: 618.627.4651, ext. 3009
mollie.steenson@3abn.org

3ABN AND AMAZING FACTS TO UNITE MINISTRIES

“If Christians were to act in concert, moving forward as one, under the direction of one Power, for the accomplishment of one purpose, they would move the world.”-- Testimonies, vol. 9, p. 221.

West Frankfort, IL – April 19, 2007 – Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) and Amazing Facts Ministries today announced upcoming plans for uniting the two international Christian media ministries. Lauding the global platform for evangelism this union will create, the Boards of Directors of both ministries unanimously approved moving toward joining the ministries under a new board and constituency.

Founded in 1984, 3ABN began broadcasting on November 23, 1986 and now transmits its signal to nine satellites that carry it to every inhabited continent with a potential viewing audience of hundreds of millions. In addition to its English-speaking television network, 3ABN operates 3ABN Books, 3ABN Radio and 3ABN Latino Television networks, along with a 3ABN television and radio production center in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia. The ministry has also announced plans to launch the 3ABN International Network before the year’s end. The second largest Christian network in North America (in numbers of owned and operated UHF stations), 3ABN also has full-power stations in Papua New Guinea, Uganda, and the Philippines.

Beginning with a fifteen-minute radio broadcast in 1966, Amazing Facts has grown into a successful soul-winning dynamo. For over forty years Amazing Facts has provided strong evangelistic, ministry through an array of services that include evangelistic training through the Amazing Facts Center of Evangelism (AFCOE), a team of live itinerant evangelists, publishing, radio and television broadcasts, Bible school and a popular internet ministry.

While there are still a number of organizational details to be worked out, with good council both ministries are confident these things can be accomplished rapidly. For the immediate future we anticipate most of the normal operations at both ministries will remain the same. Our goal will be to optimize greater evangelistic impact to the world, more efficient service to the body of Christ and better stewardship of resources through this dynamic partnership.

In making the announcement, 3ABN’s Founder Danny Shelton stated, “We’re excited about uniting our ministries, which will accelerate our array of evangelistic services to reach the multitudes. The Spirit-filled speakers of Amazing Facts will share the undiluted truth of God’s Word on 3ABN’s global platform. The ministries will mobilize an army of Christians to conduct Bible studies in cities worldwide. Time is short—we need to maximize our efforts to reach lost souls.”

Doug Batchelor, Amazing Facts President/Speaker, commented, “This uniting of ministries will expand our operations and forge an impressive team of Christian managers who bring their unique talents and reputation for visionary leadership to the new organization. Our union will surely lead to greater effectiveness and economy in spreading the gospel to the world. We’re really excited about this comprehensive opportunity to communicate the good news of Jesus Christ.”

Danny Shelton comments, “Through God’s miraculous blessing He has allowed me to witness 23 years of the unfolding of the vision for 3ABN. I truly believe that this historic partnership with Amazing Facts is a continuation of the vision and can only say with calm assurance, God is leading.”

Doug Batchelor states, “In 1844 Samuel Morse sent the first electronic message. Quoting from Numbers 23:23 ‘What hath God wrought!’ Media has now become for the proclamation of the Gospel what the printing press was 500 years ago. The union of these two dynamic ministries represents a miraculous milestone and opportunity to fulfill the great commission. It's hard to describe the staggering potential! I simply stand in awesome wonder declaring. ‘What hath God wrought!’ As 3ABN and Amazing Facts join hands and hearts, wonderful things can happen to expand Jesus’ Kingdom.”

“The secret of our success in the work of God will be found in the harmonious working of our people. There must be concentrated action. Every member of the body of Christ must act his part in the cause of God, according to the ability that God has given him. We must press together against obstructions and difficulties, shoulder to shoulder, heart to heart.--Review and Herald, Dec. 2, 1890.”

“’Press together; press together,’ are the words of our divine Instructor. Unity is strength; disunion is weakness and defeat.” {CH 517.3}

“Again and again the angel has said to me, ‘Press together, press together, be of one mind, of one judgment,’ Christ is the leader, and you are brethren; follow Him.--Letter 4, 1890.” {Ev 102.1}

News Release: 4/18/2007 3ABN AND AMAZING FACTS TO UNITE MINISTRIES
MEDIA RELEASE
SACRAMENTO, CA, April 19, 2007 – Amazing Facts and Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) today announced plans to unite the two international Christian media ministries. The boards of directors of both ministries have unanimously approved the venture that will join the ministries under a new board and constituency, creating a new global platform for evangelism.

While there are still a number of organizational details to be worked out, Amazing Facts and 3ABN are confident this dynamic partnership can be completed quickly and smoothly. For the immediate future, both ministries will continue regular operations. However, the ultimate goal is to optimize evangelistic impact to the world by consolidating these global operations, leading to more efficient service to the body of Christ and better stewardship of resources.

Regarding the announcement, Doug Batchelor, Amazing Facts President, says, “This union of two dynamic ministries represents a miraculous milestone to fulfill the great commission, forging an impressive team who bring their unique talents and assets to the same table. By joining hands, we will surely see greater effectiveness and economy in spreading the gospel to the world. We’re really excited about this comprehensive opportunity to communicate the good news of Jesus Christ.”

3ABN founder Danny Shelton adds, “We’re excited about this development, which will accelerate an array of evangelistic services to reach the multitudes. The Spirit-filled speakers of Amazing Facts will share the undiluted truth of God’s Word on a well-established media global platform and mobilize an army of Christians to conduct Bible studies in cities worldwide. Time is short—we need to maximize our efforts to reach lost souls.”

Beginning with a 15-minute radio broadcast in 1966, Amazing Facts has grown into a successful soul-winning dynamo. For more than 40 years, Amazing Facts has provided strong evangelistic ministry through an array of services that include evangelistic training through the Amazing Facts Center of Evangelism, a team of traveling evangelists, publishing, radio and television broadcasts, Bible schools, and a popular internet ministry.

Founded in 1984, 3ABN began broadcasting on November 23, 1986, and now transmits its signal to nine satellites that carry it to every inhabited continent with a potential viewing audience of hundreds of millions. In addition to its English-speaking television network, 3ABN operates 3ABN Books, 3ABN Radio, and 3ABN Latino Television networks, along with a 3ABN television and radio production center in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia. The ministry has also announced plans to launch the 3ABN International Network before the year’s end. The second largest Christian network in North America (in numbers of owned and operated UHF stations), 3ABN also has full-power stations in Papua New Guinea, Uganda, and the Philippines.

Finally, Doug Batchelor comments, “In 1844, Samuel Morse sent the first electronic message, which quoted Numbers 23:23: ‘What hath God wrought!’ What the printing press was 500 years ago to the gospel, media has become today. As 3ABN and Amazing Facts join hands and hearts, wonderful things can happen to expand Jesus’ kingdom. It’s hard to describe the staggering potential! I simply stand in awesome wonder declaring, ‘What hath God wrought!’ ”

“If Christians were to act in concert, moving forward as one, under the direction of one Power, for the accomplishment of one purpose, they would move the world.” --Testimonies, vol. 9, p. 221

For more information, contact:
Amazing Facts
Office: 916.434.3880, ext. 3009
info@amazingfacts.org

(3ABN Today LIVE Rebroadcast Sunday, April 22, at 3 p.m. central time.)

Upvote 0

Peach45

Apr 6, 2007
✟7,669.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Quote Pinkpanther
It is my opinion that Tomatoe's statement regarding the presidency of 3ABN makes good sense. If Doug takes the title without the position it gives 3ABN the credibility that they don't have under Danny, yet it leaves Danny in charge as the defacto president. Sleight of hand by a miracle worker, if Tomatoe is correct.

well, let's think about what you are saying for a minute. I don't think that is good sense at all. from the viewpoint of an intelligent, decision making board at AF, i don't see them taking that risk. Do you really think Doug and AF would put their name on the line like that; Risk their reputation and take on the responsibility that they would also be the one's now accountable for whatever comes to light at 3abn? Even if the different incidents, involving wrongdoing discussed here over the years, have nothing personally to do with AF, they would be putting themselves in the position of being involved and having to address accountability. I just don't see that that view would be good judgement on the part of AF. AF is not just Doug B. they have a huge amount of people that are involved in that ministry and board and i don't think they answer to whatever Doug says like 3abn does with DS. I don't think for a minute Doug would take the title without the power behind it. I don't think he or AF would walk in there and be accountable to DS or anyone else. AF has a lot to gain that is right, but they have a lot more to lose if they don't have the control.
I definitely believe this is a "changing of the guards" and it is so huge, I don't know how they are going to pull it off, but they know and IMO they (AF) wouldn't risk it otherwise. IMO Danny will basically be retiring. as for CEO/founder, he and linda will always be the founders. that's just history, you can't change that.
I won't quote the rest of the posts here that i find questionable and naive, but i do think most of what has been said as explanation is really a stretch. As for GMc, it looks to me like he was acting as "The Donald" sitting quietly down on the end of the table but yet IMO is the one who said what will be because he is probably the one bailing 3abn and DS out of debt and making sure his money is not wasted. Since DS says GMc is footing all the bills for the attorneys, then GMc has a huge say in what is being done. JMO, but if GMc is footing the attorney bills, which has got to be hundreds of thousands of dollars, he knows exactly what kind of situation DS, etal are in and how much time and money and manipulating it is going to take to get them out of the situation as clean as possible. i think that is who DS is listening to, if you know what i mean.
let me just make an example of where i'm headed in my thinking and whoever wants to yell at me for my opinion can go for it, it's just my opinion and i've been wrong once or twice before. ;)
now, let's say that i have a business. let's also say that i'm not the best business person so i hired an accountant to handle the details. now let's say that i totally trust my accountant and just sign what he says sign. things go great. i'm getting very successful, living a good life and actually pretty proud of myself. one day the IRS shows up, they lock my doors and serve me with a subpeona. i'm in shock. i'm also in BIG, HUGE trouble. my accountant was a crook and a liar and i'm responsible. i'm being held accoutable. ignorance of the law is no excuse. i'm sweating bullets. my wife wants to leave me and take the kids. my house is going to get reposessed if i don't come up with the morgage this month and also the one i missed last month. could it get any worse? they are coming at me from all sides. what am i going to do to stay out of jail? man this is bad. i remember my old uncle morty. he's loaded and he always liked me. i give uncle morty a call. he comes over and we talk. he says he'll bail me out but i have to do things his way because he's not gonna throw away his hard earned cash on my mistakes unless he knows things are going to work out in the end; so.... uncle morty lays out the plan. "you screwed up big time, kid" he says, "so this is what we're gonna do". we are gonna get you out of the limelight & give your business to your brother stan, he's a much better businessman than you anyway. i'll pay off all your debts and cover your lawyers and you will be very busy in court and out of court rebuilding your life and your reputation and hopefully we will keep you out of jail."
"ok, uncle morty", i say. "i don't see any other way out. i need a break anyway. thanks for saving my behind". it's a really hard and humbling experience, but what else can i do.
Just a thought.

Just a thought?

Let's call things what they are. "evil surmisings" and unproven accusations, and unrighteous judgments against the brethren. The truth is D.S., and 3ABN and any associated with him are damned if they do, and damned if they don't according to you all. That is ungodly and it stinks to high heaven.

..And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?

They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another,

and saying,
We have piped unto you,
and ye have not danced;

we have mourned to you,
and ye have not wept.

For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine;

and ye say,
He hath a devil.

The Son of man is come eating and drinking;

and ye say,
Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber,
a friend of publicans and sinners!

But wisdom is justified of all her children...
-- Luke 7

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
R

Rosie55

Watchbird, here is an answer to your post below:
------------------------------------------------
Yes Laurence... I think you have nailed this one correctly. And do note the comparison of this present situation with the "vision" story which Danny has used through the years to "prove beyond the shadow of a doubt" that he had been divinely appointed to do just what he has done. That initial story must have been getting a little stale... even to him... but now look... he has not merely one, but five or six such dreams/visions/miracles/signs stories on which to build his bigger and better Amazing Facts/3abn!

I'm sure that if we knew all the "facts" one would indeed call them "amazing".... but I rather suspect we would find them amazing in amazingly different ways from what the leaders of that ministy would prefer.
------------------------------------------------
Your false insinuations are sinful and wrong. Who are you to question what happened with this merger? How dare you think you are so important as to question God's workings. For your information His TRUTH will go forward whether you believe in it or not. You can fight the Lord all you want and make all your insinuations but I can tell you this much: The Lord will win this battle no matter what you say or do to try to stop it.

Upvote 0

Pinkpanther007

Apr 5, 2007
✟7,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your false insinuations are sinful and wrong. Who are you to question what happened with this merger? How dare you think you are so important as to question God's workings. For your information His TRUTH will go forward whether you believe in it or not. You can fight the Lord all you want and make all your insinuations but I can tell you this much: The Lord will win this battle no matter what you say or do to try to stop it.
Groups that ban questioning, or vilify it as a sin and use the authority of God to try stopping people from questioning generally have something to hide. Those groups should be questioned even more thoroughly.

"God's workings"? That is self proclaimed. Some years ago one of the people who was on the set Thursday night said "If you say something often enough, it becomes the truth."

As EGW said "Even if wicked men talk the truth, some may receive it; but it does not bring those who talked it into any more favor with God. Wicked men are wicked men still..."

Upvote 0
R

Rosie55

Groups that ban questioning, or vilify it as a sin and use the authority of God to try stopping people from questioning generally have something to hide. Those groups should be questioned even more thoroughly.

"God's workings"? That is self proclaimed. Some years ago one of the people who was on the set Thursday night said "If you say something often enough, it becomes the truth."

As EGW said "Even if wicked men talk the truth, some may receive it; but it does not bring those who talked it into any more favor with God. Wicked men are wicked men still..."
PP I am NOT banning questioning anything. Read my post again and don't try to twist it to say something I didn't say. I said "false insinuations." Watchbird wasn't asking ANY questions. She was making insinuations that were FALSE. PLAIN FALSEHOODS!!!

I stand behind what I said. God will NOT be mocked.

Upvote 0

tomatoe

Apr 2, 2007
✟15,277.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'd appreciate very much if, when you say
"About the only thing I agree with you on is the fact that Amazing facts involves a lot of people the same as 3abn." AF would definitely not risk their reputation or their ministry if they thought for one minute that Gailons and Pickles allegations were true. They would have access to whatever inside information they needed to make their decision and you see what happened.
that you would make some kind of separation and distinction between your thoughts and mine. when you are referring to something i said that you agree with and then continue on with your own thoughts that are definitely not my thoughts you make it appear that that is what i think and said as well. I am quite sure i have never mentioned gailon or pickle in any of my posts here or anywhere else, nor have i quoted them or repeated anything they have said. i don't get my ideas from either of them. i have my own mind and my own discernment. if you disagree with me that's fine. i don't have a problem with that, but you have given no more clear reason or evidence to believe what you think and say is "fact" than i do to my opinions. if you say you disagree with me that's one thing. but if you say i'm wrong, then prove it. if i posted as you have here, then i'd say whatever i think is factual when it is nothing more than the way i see it. same for you.

I apologize if I made my thoughts appear like your thoughts...believe me...it wasn't intentional....
Of course I wouldn't call it facts if it was just my opinion. How ridiculous for you to say that.....I know both Danny and Doug personally and know them well. I have been given facts that I can share. Now, where do you get your thoughts and opinions?

Upvote 0

tomatoe

Apr 2, 2007
✟15,277.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Oh for pity's sake!

Did you watch the live and hear and comprehend what D.B. and D.S, both said?

If not please watch it. 3ABN Today LIVE will be rebroadcast today, Sunday, April 22, at 3 p.m. central time.

What about these press releases from both websites, don't you understand, or are you unwilling to accept and believe???

Thank you Peach for posting those press releases. With the level of density being shown here, though, I won't hold my breath that anyone will actually comprehend their meaning.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.