louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That be a process, a daily decision to humble yourself and follow the Lord.

I know about being afraid, putting things off...countless times I found myself
repenting and getting back to doing what I should be doing for the Lord.
Where I use to live when I was younger... I was always around many racist
people...in our neighborhood, at school etc.
Being godly around racist people brought me a lot of persecution...going to high school was torture for me, I wanted so much to stay home and not have to contend with all the bad stuff day after day.
I'm thankful for having a godly mother who showed me how to keep on walking
through the fire...education was what I needed to get ahead in life.
My own mom dropped out of school and I saw how the lack of education really hindered not only her but us(her own children) it was enough to make me keep going back to school day after day.

Escaping poverty was my goal...I was determined not to let the bad stuff going
on around me keep me from getting that diploma, I'd learn to drive a car (my mom didn't know how to drive) and so with the Word of God hidden in my heart
I reflected on it often while my enemies came against me at school.
I often prayed while in school and recited bible verses to myself as this helped me to get through the day. In my purse I carried a tiny bible and would often read
it after completing an assignment in class.
I'd make a few friends who were like myself, poor and not accepted by our peers.
We'd eat together at lunch and give each other encouraging notes as we passed
one another in the hall (changing classes).

As a believer I think it is wise if we connect with another believer/believers, we
ain't to be in this alone.
We should partner up and support one another.
It'd be good to have prayer partners and mentors who live where you do.
Accountability and support are key...having someone or having several people to keep you grounded/focused and supported is of great benefit.
I know what you mean about being humbled. Trust me I know. I would love to meet other Christians and the things you are talking about. I just want to grow to my fullest potential and see what I can do.. I don't know I just feel this calling inside of me..if that makes sense ..i quit school when I was 16..i wish I was more educated..its pretty tough..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can totally relate to that. Anxiety, fear and worry have been very dominant parts of my life for years. I hate to sound like an AA sponsor, but the fact that you see this is an issue is a good first step. The next would be prayer...and not just casual prayer, but deep fervent prayer. Read the scriptures. Find some good biblically based messages to listen to, books to read. One thing that really helped me was listening to some sermons from Alistair Begg on anxiety and worry, that you can find here. Truth For Life - The Bible-Teaching Ministry of Alistair Begg

Also, if you click the link in my sig line, you can read my testimony on overcoming anxiety...I posted it a couple of months ago, with the hope that it will be encouragement for those suffering with anxiety and depression.
Ok thank you

Upvote 0
Feb 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
✟45,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I know that but i feel like and see I'm not living life the way I want to..i feel like my life went in an unexpected and bad direction. And I'm just sitting here having no idea what to do about it
I'm 30 and I feel the same way.

Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0

JMH

Apr 10, 2017
U.K.
✟28,541.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm 33 but Is 33 old? Why do I feel so old?! I feel like this everyday, like time is just passing by and I'm not getting anything done..!

If you feel as though you're not living the life you feel you should be, the only way to change it is to visualise what you'd like your life to be and go out and make it happen.
Try new things, start small and work up to big changes.
Life can be as exciting as you want it to be but it's only what you make it so go for it :)

Upvote 0

HawgWyld

May 3, 2013
Benton, Ark.
Visit site
✟21,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah I know that but i feel like and see I'm not living life the way I want to..i feel like my life went in an unexpected and bad direction. And I'm just sitting here having no idea what to do about it

The good news is you have plenty of time to work in turning things around. I'm 47-years-old and didn't truly figure out what I wanted to do when I "grew up" until about three years ago. I wish I would have started doing things differently back when I was your age...

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are you in fellowship with any church? Iron can sharpen iron start making friends and going out and doing stuff.
Get involved with any ministries that need help, it could be..helping in sunday school, doing morning tea, visiting a widow, just simple things first. Ask God for more holy spirit oil to fuel you...you need His energy to be fired up again. Dont hide you light under a bushel.

Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm 33 but Is 33 old? Why do I feel so old?! I feel like this everyday, like time is just passing by and I'm not getting anything done..!
You're 33! Wow, that is old. Why, in just 67 years you'll be 100. ;)

Upvote 0

AspieforGod

My Brother is Jesus!
Apr 16, 2017
Exeter
✟11,790.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

I think age is just a number. Alhough 33 is a good number because it's the age Christ is and we will be when we have new ressurected bodies!

As for feeling old and discontented with how your life has gone so far try to see this ad a positive thing! God has given you a message saying it's time to change direction, you can't edit your life before this point but you can still edit your future. Thinking big can be overwhelming to the point of paralysis so maybe try breaking things down into chunks. Home life, work life, family life, and what goals or things you'd like to do and achieve in those to improve how you feel and your relationship with God. And then don't just get stuck into lists and plans but jump ahead in faith that by doing these your life will have purpose and you won't feel old and useless.

You are 33 and you could still live till 70 or 90 so you have a long way to go to choose to stay feeling stuck in the old and complaining stage. You've had your light bulb moment of I'm not happy so now keep going!

Upvote 0

JesusLivesJesusSaves

Once Saved, ALWAYS Saved Jn 3:16, 10:27-29
Jul 16, 2013
USA
✟18,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I know what you mean. I'm only 27 and I feel like life is just passing by while I sit on the sidelines. I believe this is due to our lack of faith IN Jesus. For if our faith was stronger, we would go where He wanted us and we would feel "fulfilled" and thus not have this "empty void" we're talking about. And if we he had the ultimate faith from the beginning, there would have never been a pain or a death.

Unfortunately, we humans are stubborn and ego-led. Therefore, we take things into our own hands and try things OUR way, which ultimately comes from satan IF it isn't led by Jesus. Which is why we suffer so much. We truly bring it on ourselves. Think about what Abraham did. Jesus said, "I will bless thy seed....", yet Abraham knew his wife couldn't conceive. So, what did he do? What all people do when we get impatient and want what we want and want it NOW. He committed adultery with his wife's slave. Eventually Sarah did conceive, but before that happened Abraham sired a son named ishmael from the adultery he committed; while taking matters "into his own hands", thinking he could fulfill what Jesus had told him. Ishmael became the father of the muslims. Their hatred toward the "jew" is born in them. They hate the "Isaac-ites" because HE was given the inheritance and NOT Ishmael. They feel Ishmael deserved it because, after-all, he WAS the first-born. Yet, in that case due to what Abraham did, Jesus denied Ishmael the inheritance. Today, we are reaping the results of that one sin. Therefore, we have a perfect example of what happens when we take matters into our own hands. The secret, therefore, is to put all our faith in Jesus; trust Him completely; and stop being so doggone impatient. We also need to stop seeking our OWN desires and simply ask Jesus with all our hearts:

"Dear Jesus, what is it that YOU would have me do?"

But before that, we need to admit that all our suffering is our own fault because of our sins. Then sincerely let Him know we're sorry. THEN ask Him, like Saul did (before He became Paul) "What wouldst thou have me do Lord?"

Then, patiently wait. And patiently realize that many things we may not see happen until judgment day.

Anyway, may Jesus bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

You are not old. I was older than 33 when I had a midlife crisis. 33 is a number, the number of years that you have been alive. I'm 65. It's a number, and nothing else. To quote someone else, "you are only as young as you feel."

So be cool, listen to God, read His Word, do what you need to do to keep alive. In time, you will be 34, and after a while 44, etc. When you reach 85, then you can complain about being old.

Upvote 0

Yasserp

Apr 15, 2017
Houston
✟8,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm 45 and have felt that way many times. No,I don't think 33 is old. I do think you can do what you desire though. I've gone back to school twice to do the things I didn't when I was younger. Don't fret over it. Life is long.

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im 45 and am just starting to feel that there are things I cant do that I used to. But as for my walk with the Lord, I have changed and done things that I didnt used to bother. I've been out tonight feeding the homeless and I am meeting my pastor tomorrow to ask about restarting a prayer group in my church that I used to run but the meeting got changed to a bible study as it suited the church better at that time. A few people have said we should restart it, so rather than just say yes we should I am dong something about it. I am also looking at starting another ministry in the church looking to establish an early church sense of community.

Maybe you should look at what you are doing for God and what else you can do as well. Pray for Him to give you ideas and open doors for you to find a ministry to serve Him, whether in a small way or bigger way.

Upvote 0

MrNoodle

Would you like a Chum Burger?
Jan 28, 2017
01000101|01100001|01110010|01110100|01101000
✟111,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Opinions vary, but when I was 21, I bought a 6 pack and I realized that it was all down hill from there. I'm mid 40's now and I accepted that I was "old" when I turned 21. There's nothing wrong with being old. But its just an excuse for whatever stuff that you are going through at this time. Live your life and stop concerning yourself with trivial nonsense like age!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I hear you. I'm 36 and I felt the same way for a long time. It's hard.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Age is all in the mind, if you are fit and healthy you can do anything you want to.
How many of you thought that thirty was over the hill, when you were teenagers?
Are you all over the hill and dead on your feet?

Get involved in your church, seek areas where you can serve, or areas where services is needed and start filling that need.

One of the puritans wrote, 'If you want extra ordinary experiences of God. Enlarge your ordinary devoutions of God.'
In English, if you want to know more of God, spend time studing, serving and worshiping him.

Upvote 0

GandalfTheWise

In search of lost causes and hopeless battles
May 27, 2012
Wisconsin
✟71,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Youngsters... :) Turning 55 this summer and looking forward to new adventures with God and my wife of 30 odd years.

If I could go back and tell my 33 YO self a few things, here are some of them.

1. Life's about walking with God on a daily basis; life is not meant to be a big frantic to-do list.
2. Learn who God made you to be; He's making you into something more than you thought you'd ever be. His plans are often more than and different from what you can dream of.
3. Don't be performance oriented. The big things God has laid on your heart are often *promises* that He will bring about, not goals to make yourself worthy of (and to fall short of through your own failings). God's turning you into the person He will do things through on His timetable.
4. Life is not about figuring out the particular "call" God has placed on you so that you can choose the right vocation, the right ministry, etc. etc., but rather it is about walking with God on an adventure wherein you become more and more the work of art He is slowly crafting over the years.
5. Life is *not* a minefield where you constantly need to worry about sinning the wrong sin, missing God's leading, doing the wrong thing, etc. etc., and then permanently blowing away God's "perfect" best life for you. Life is an adventure to be enjoyed where God will herd you away from the occasional cliff and protect you from the occasional bear or lion. You'll pick up some mosquito bites, twisted ankles, etc.
6. Long-term habits are what affect your life the most. Brushing your teeth enough, eating healthy food, getting enough sleep, living below your income, choosing good friends, daily spiritual disciplines, etc. are the main determiners of what your life looks like.
7. Life's not so much about avoiding sin as being busy doing healthy and worthwhile things.
8. Learn how to effectively teach yourself new skills. Dude, you'd be fluent in half a dozen languages now if you'd have learned how to teach yourself correctly.
9. Spend more time with family and friends rather than work even more than you do.

Anyway, off the top of my head, what I'd say to myself if given the chance and no time to think about it ahead of time.

• Agree
Reactions: Tolworth John
Upvote 0