316 - Lost Episode 5:6

F

frenzy

I hadn't thought of that, but you're right -- the title definitely supports that theory.

There's a sticky at the top of the Lost forum that explains how to do spoiler tags. :)

If the do revisit that storyline, it's significant - or will be to Sawyer, I think - that Jack and Kate were in a relationship for a good couple of years off the island. They'll be going back to the island and back in time by 3 years, so for Sawyer it's like they just left a couple days ago.

John has to die to convince the Oceanic six to come back. Anyone see the paralells to Jesus? The island is the kingdom of God. The six strayed. The island is sending John (Jesus) to die in order to convince them (God’s lost followers) to come back to the island (the Kingdom of God).

His name is John, the title? 316. John 3:16!

Reactions: snoochface
Upvote 0

lovesdolphins

New year, new me, new baby????
Mar 28, 2007
Houston
✟15,296.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
John has to die to convince the Oceanic six to come back. Anyone see the paralells to Jesus? The island is the kingdom of God. The six strayed. The island is sending John (Jesus) to die in order to convince them (God’s lost followers) to come back to the island (the Kingdom of God).

my hubby has been saying the same thing for a few weeks now; but they have said it isn't purgatory; so I wonder what IT really is
His name is John, the title? 316. John 3:16!
True true - very interesting

316 also the number of the course that Faraday had the zodiac, etc go on to get to the island?

Reactions: latteda
Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
Around the net, I've seen people referring to this episode as:

John 3:16 or John Locke 3:16

The real title is 316, but I'm sure that this number appears somewhere in the episode. Plus it would probably offend the Fundies if the show had put the word "John" anywhere in the title.

What this implies is...

That John Locke is kinda like Jesus in a way. For John so loved the island, that he gave his own life, so that whosoever should return to the island would prevent the island from perishing and, in a matter of speaking, enjoy an everlasting life... like the Others.

I wrote the above myself. Now I'm off to go get a copyright.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The last couple of episodes, it's been hard to say who was the centric (central? Lost is messing with my grammar nazi-ness) character. Last week I might have said Sun, but she didn't even get that much air time really.

I'm thinking they are moving away from character-centric episodes, and moving toward off/on-island centric episodes.

And next week's episode is the one I'm looking forward to most out of the whole season! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
F

frenzy

Around the net, I've seen people referring to this episode as:

John 3:16 or John Locke 3:16

The real title is 316, but I'm sure that this number appears somewhere in the episode. Plus it would probably offend the Fundies if the show had put the word "John" anywhere in the title.

What this implies is...

That John Locke is kinda like Jesus in a way. For John so loved the island, that he gave his own life, so that whosoever should return to the island would prevent the island from perishing and, in a matter of speaking, enjoy an everlasting life... like the Others.

I wrote the above myself. Now I'm off to go get a copyright.

Ha, I beat you to that theory in post 24. And in the Because You Left/The Lie thread. So they are my copyrights! :ebil:

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Whats this exciting episode next week that everyone is waiting for? I can't see a thread...

I haven't started one yet. :sorry: I am derelict in the duties I took over from you when you popped out your cute little tadpole ;)

The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
:D Thanks. She's asleep on me so during the few naps she takes :)sigh:) I have to choose between catching up on sleep, catching up on my tivo'd shows and the internet :D

Reactions: BenAdam
Upvote 0

LovesToRead

My peace I give you. Don't be afraid.
Sep 22, 2005
This world is not my home....Heaven is where my he
✟69,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Quite a show.
And...I have to say...very modestly of course ^_^ ;)....that I mentioned the Locke/Jesus theory before this week. I don't read the spoilers before the show, so I didn't see the theories going on until now. Oh...and then there's the connection with Jack's father...who's name is...Christian.

I posted my theory about the Jesus connection in last week's thread. No one seemed to notice it though. :sorry:

Well, as always can't wait to talk about it tomorrow. :thumbsup: :clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0