5 Days After Vanishing, Puppy Found Stuck Inside Bramble Thicket Unseen Except By Heat-Seeking Drone (Video)

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Heat-seeking-drone-finds-dog-in-thicket-John-Watton-w-Drone-SAR-For-Lost-Dogs-UK-SWNS-1024x550.jpg
Heat seeking drone finds dog in thicket By John Watton w Drone SAR For Lost Dogs UK / SWNS

A puppy was rescued from a ditch that was covered in thick brambles five days after she vanished—thanks to a heat-seeking drone.

Six-month-old cocker spaniel Bow got lost while on a walk with her owner Jodie Dance, who hunted for hours on February 19 but was forced to abandon the search when it got dark.

The next day she put an appeal on Facebook for people to look out for her beloved pooch near where she went missing in Warwickshire, England.

Five days later a jogger in Burton Dassett Country Park overheard barking coming from a bramble-filled railway embankment about a mile away from the park and raised the alarm.

Drone search and rescue operator John Watton with Drone SAR For Lost Dogs UK used a thermal imaging camera to spot the animal trapped inside the thicket.

“A jogger heard barking but couldn’t see the dog so we were called in and I took the drone over to his location. Within a few minutes I picked up a heat signature.

“It was literally about 6-feet inside brambles but I got a heat signature of a fox-type size.”

Continued below.