Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How sad. :( This is just so ridiculous. Why on earth would they kill someone just because that person made international phone calls?

The same reason people are killed in the USA for crimes they might or might not be guilty of.

Upvote 0

CGL

Crazy Eight
Jul 4, 2007
Halifax, NS
✟9,312.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Libertarian
As long as we kill as a form of punishment we have no bussiness telling others how they can or can not kill as a form of punishment.
Well, first you must differ between killing and murder and secondly, politics aside, you must see the difference between a murderer being killed by state and this particular factory chief being killed by state. No?

Upvote 0

craigerNY

I bring nothing to the table
Feb 28, 2007
Upstate NY
✟56,288.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well, first you must differ between killing and murder and secondly, politics aside, you must see the difference between a murderer being killed by state and this particular factory chief being killed by state. No?
We execute people as a form of punishment. Korea executes people as a form of punishment. We have no bussiness telling them how, who and what circumstances they should kill to punish. That is like us saying to them "when you kill it is wrong, when we kill it is good and right".

I see no difference between killing an allegd murderer and an alleged phone policy abuser because killing is killing. As long as we are in the bussiness of doing it we can not criticize how others cary it out without being hypocritical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
How sad. :( This is just so ridiculous. Why on earth would they kill someone just because that person made international phone calls?
Hard to control peoples minds if they can talk to the real world.

We execute people as a form of punishment. Korea executes people as a form of punishment. We have no bussiness telling them how, who and what circumstances they should kill to punish. That is like us saying to them "when you kill it is wrong, when we kill it is good and right".

I see no difference between killing an allegd murderer and an alleged phone policy abuser because killing is killing. As long as we are in the bussiness of doing it we can not criticize how others cary it out without being hypocritical.
Blinded with obcession.
I guess you see no problem with life imprisonment for speeding. If we jail people, how can we criticize those that jail simple crimes?
If we believe their is something to fight a war over, how can we criticize another country for starting a war for no reason?

Upvote 0

craigerNY

I bring nothing to the table
Feb 28, 2007
Upstate NY
✟56,288.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hard to control peoples minds if they can talk to the real world.

Blinded with obcession.
I guess you see no problem with life imprisonment for speeding. If we jail people, how can we criticize those that jail simple crimes?
Sure we can, there are degrees to which one can be imprisoned. 1 day, 1 week, 1 year.....

There are no degrees to which you can kill someone. Dead is dead. The method by which someone is sentenced to die is failable be it in Korea or the U.S. We can not get on Korea's case for utilizing a failable system when we too utilize a failable system for carying out the fainal act.

Don't get me wrong. On an emotional level I see a diference. On an emotional level I can allow the death penalty. On a logical level I see overzealous prosecutors, I see cops that lie, I see unreliable witnesses. On a logical level I can not justify taking a human life as a form of punishment. Does Korea deserve scrutiny for this? Absolutely. As do we. How can we employ prosecutors such as Mike Nifong to commision a penalty of death then criticize Korea? We can on an individual level but certainly not on a collective one. Not without being hypocrites.

Upvote 0