Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Her sinless vessel is part of salvation . Her virgin birth . Not the person.

I will not contest that as soon as YOU post the Bible Scriptures which say that.

Until that happens, I will say to you that Mary played NO role in your salvation outside of the fact that she brought Him into this world by the virgin birth.

Now when YOU show me in the Bible "Her sinlessness" I will be the 1st to follow you.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Knowing indicates empirical evidence. That isn't granted us--instead we walk by faith, not by sight. I don't know where I'd go or what happens immediately once my body reposes; but I have all confidence and trust that I will be with Christ because of the promises He gives, namely He says, "Where I am, there you will be also."

-CryptoLutheran

But I do.

Just as YOU said, where He is, is where I will be.

"I go to prepare a place for you, if I go to prepare a place for you then I will come again and receive you unto myself that where I am there you shall be also".

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Knowing indicates empirical evidence. That isn't granted us--instead we walk by faith, not by sight. I don't know where I'd go or what happens immediately once my body reposes; but I have all confidence and trust that I will be with Christ because of the promises He gives, namely He says, "Where I am, there you will be also."

-CryptoLutheran

Exactly.

I resent the spiritual manipulation implied in "Do you know where you'll be if you died tonight?" That flows from dirty polemics that belong in another era. It is an attack on my faith.

I don't go around implying Baptists don't have real faith. I think many of them do.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your interpretation of the word of God. Just like everybody else.
Some things, like God telling us not to sin, are only “open to interpretation “ by folks looking to make God into their own image.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Some things, like God telling us not to sin, are only “open to interpretation “ by folks looking to make God into their own image.

How kind of you to judge the motives of another Christian. Wow, with love like this, certainly everyone will know we are Jesus disciples!

No, your true faith seems to be contempt.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Exactly.

I resent the spiritual manipulation implied in "Do you know where you'll be if you died tonight?" That flows from dirty polemics that belong in another era. It is an attack on my faith.

I don't go around implying Baptists don't have real faith. I think many of them do.

My dear friend.......YOU are on a Christian Forum web site. What did you expect people to ask you????

Do you like football?
Are you married?
Do you mow your own grass?

What was asked of you is normal and I wish more people who do it!!!

You are welcome to ask me if you like.

Anyone can ask me as I am NOT ashamed of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It is an attack on my faith.
No, it is actually commanded in NT - to test one another, with positive expection.
Even frequent reminders of what is already known, to keep one another 'safe' from being / continuing/ in deception by our own sin when that occurs whether frequently or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
No argument from me and I am glad to hear that.

Of course the Bible as you know says that we are saved by faith in Jesus Christ plus nothing which includes water baptism.

If baptism were something we did as a work by which to merit grace, I'd agree. But since baptism is God's gracious act by which He makes us new creatures in Christ, giving us new life in Him, then baptism is exactly what it purports to be in Scripture.

By the way, is your baptism sprinkling or emersion?

I grew up in an Evangelical/Pentecostal environment, and didn't receive baptism until I was 17 at the Foursquare church we had been attending for a number of years. As such it was in the standard Baptist-like manner: single immersion. The churches I grew up attending believed as you do--that baptism is an act of obedience we do to signify our faith in Jesus; which is not how I understand baptism now through the lens of two thousand years of Christian teaching and the clear testimony of Holy Scripture. But that baptism remains baptism because it is baptism--and I can cling to that baptism because of what it is.

-CryptoLutheran

• Informative
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
How kind of you to judge the motives of another Christian. Wow, with love like this, certainly everyone will know we are Jesus disciples!
As written in Scripture, OPEN Rebuke is Better than hidden love - Proverbs over and over again point out how badly we all should WELCOME tests and criticism, as every wise person does, and not ignore it nor reject it.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
My dear friend.......YOU are on a Christian Forum web site. What did you expect people to ask you????

Do you like football?
Are you married?

Most Christians don't ask "Do you know where you'll go if you died tonight?" because that isn't a Christian question. It may be normal in your tradition, but it's deeply offensive to Christians who don't believe in using emotionally and psychologically manipulative proselytizing tactics. Instead we believe in preaching the Gospel, declaring what God has done through Christ. Faith does not come by threat and fear of death and hellfire, but by precious word of the Holy Gospel (Romans 10:17).

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If baptism were something we did as a work by which to merit grace, I'd agree. But since baptism is God's gracious act by which He makes us new creatures in Christ, giving us new life in Him, then baptism is exactly what it purports to be in Scripture.

I grew up in an Evangelical/Pentecostal environment, and didn't receive baptism until I was 17 at the Foursquare church we had been attending for a number of years. As such it was in the standard Baptist-like manner: single immersion. The churches I grew up attending believed as you do--that baptism is an act of obedience we do to signify our faith in Jesus; which is not how I understand baptism now through the lens of two thousand years of Christian teaching and the clear testimony of Holy Scripture. But that baptism remains baptism because it is baptism--and I can cling to that baptism because of what it is.

-CryptoLutheran

Water Baptism in the Scriptures my friend is an act of obedience and is not required for salvation.

Allow me to ask you a question. If you and I went to a hospital and there we shared the gospel with a man who was lost and through the grace of God and the conviction of the Holy Spirit that man accepted Jesus and was saved.

Now later night as we were filling the swimming pool with water, he in fact died. Did he go to heaven or or not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Does ANY denomination reject the book of Hebrews as YHWH'S WORD ?
Specifically as seen in this current thread/ posters:
Hebrews 3:13
KJ21
But exhort one another daily, while it is still called “today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
ASV
but exhort one another day by day, so long as it is called To-day; lest any one of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin:
AMP
But continually encourage one another every day, as long as it is called “Today” [and there is an opportunity], so that none of you will be hardened [into settled rebellion] by the deceitfulness of sin [its cleverness, delusive glamour, and sophistication].

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Do you like football?
Are you married?

It's deeply personal, and there is no good way to answer. Like asking "Do you still beat your wife?" We ultimately look to the Cross, not our own spiritual experiences, to find assurance.

Why would I want to threaten your faith with doubt in the promises of Christ?

Neither am I. We just have different understandings of what that means.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Most Christians don't ask "Do you know where you'll go if you died tonight?" because that isn't a Christian question. It may be normal in your tradition, but it's deeply offensive to Christians who don't believe in using emotionally and psychologically manipulative proselytizing tactics. Instead we believe in preaching the Gospel, declaring what God has done through Christ. Faith does not come by threat and fear of death and hellfire, but by precious word of the Holy Gospel (Romans 10:17).

-CryptoLutheran

I do not like to argue with anyone but my dear friend, if asking someone if they are going to heaven is not Christianity in action, what in the world is it??????

Tradition? NO.......Bible command.

Ezek 3:11 says........
"and go to the exiles, to the sons of your people, and speak to them and tell them, whether they listen or not..."

Prov. 11:30.......
"...he who is wise wins souls."

Matthew 28:19..........
"Go ye into the world teaching all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost".

Matt. 4:19............
"Come, follow Me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Romans 10:17......
"FAITH COMES by hearing and hearing from the Word of God".

The Bible says that the angels of heaven rejoice greatly when anyone passes from judgment into salvation. Shouldn't we as Christians rejoice too? Shouldn't we weep over the lost? Shouldn't we ask the Lord of the field to send laborers into His harvest? Certainly! The salvation of others is the goal of your efforts. The love of God is your motive. Is there anything greater?

Upvote 0

Benaiahian Monk

Benaiah “ the Lord builds” 2 Samuel 23:20
Dec 14, 2017
Tappahannock
✟17,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Salvation
Believing that there is a 3 part God head
God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Ghost
Believe that Christ was born of a VIRGIN .
Died on calvaries cross for our sins.
Was buried in a tomb .
After three day was raised from the dead in a body .
After 40 days and 40 night ascended to the right hand of God.

• Winner
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Cat Loaf You

Dec 11, 2017
Warsaw
✟22,505.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What do you call Jesus?
YAHWEH

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 14:9
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.