✟11,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
FACTS:

1. Many Bible commands to praise and glorify the Lord. None to praise or glorify Mary. The early Church in Acts or other NT churches did not worship Mary.
  2. Mary did not die for my sins, Jesus Christ deserves ALL the honor, glory and thanks for doing this for me!
  3. Many OT predictions about Jesus the Christ Coming. Only one OT prophecy to my knowledge refers to Mary. The "virgin," is prophesied in Isaiah 7.14, but Immanuel is the primary focus in my view.
  4. NT books endlessly focus on Jesus, the Son of God. Mary is not mentioned over 1-2 times after Jesus' resurrection event. She just "disappears" after her wonderful mother task has been completed.
  5. Nowhere in the Bible is she referred to as the "mother of God' or "Queen of heaven."
  6. Mary desired a Savior. She evidently saw herself as a sinner as I am. From the Magnificat: " and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior" (Luke 1.47).
  7. Mary magnified the Lord. (Luke 1.46). No one in the Bible prays through or worships Mary.
  8. Nowhere in the Bible is Mary referred to God, member of the God head, Co-creator as Jesus is, co-redeemer, deity, eternal, avenue of prayer, means of grace or connected to salvation.
  9. Mary is not God or deity. To worship human beings is idolatry.
  10. Mary was just one of many virgins in her day. That's wonderful but not cause to worship her or any other human being.
  11. Holy Scripture nowhere commands readers to pray through or to, Mary. Nowhere is there a biblical example of this.
  12. Any man made traditions or opinions which undermine the centrality of Jesus Christ's Person and work are not biblical doctrine.
  13. Mary was a godly girl who was greatly favored by God--used to bear the incarnate Son of God---a unique, incredible honor in a likely tough, stressful situation as not all understood how she got pregnant.

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. She’s not God.
2. She’s not God.
3. She’s not God.
4. She’s not God.
5. She’s not God.
6. She’s not God.
7. She’s not God.
8. She’s not God.
9. She’s not God.
10. She’s not God.
11. She’s not God.
12. She’s not God.
13. She’s not God.

Upvote 0

JOYFUL-ONE

Dec 11, 2017
SOUTH CAROLINA
✟11,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
1. She’s not God.
2. She’s not God.
3. She’s not God.
4. She’s not God.
5. She’s not God.
6. She’s not God.
7. She’s not God.
8. She’s not God.
9. She’s not God.
10. She’s not God.
11. She’s not God.
12. She’s not God.
13. She’s not God.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks for bringing up the usual anti-Catholic polemics.

As for me, I will continue to honor the mother of our Lord and God.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

Yes,
as she said before she died: "Do as JESUS SAYS"

Upvote 0

JOYFUL-ONE

Dec 11, 2017
SOUTH CAROLINA
✟11,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I grew up in deep religion myself but it did not explain the difference between being religious and having new life in Christ. I was like Nicodemus in John 3 and Paul before his conversion---religious lost. I had no life-changing story to tell just dead religion. If any church or tradition can forgive sin then Jesus died in vain (Gal 2.21). Going in and out of a hen house does not make us a chicken and going in and out of a church house does not redeem us.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I grew up in deep religion myself but it did not explain the difference between being religious and having new life in Christ. I was like Nicodemus in John 3 and Paul before his conversion---religious lost. I had no life-changing story to tell just dead religion. If any church or tradition can forgive sin then Jesus died in vain (Gal 2.21). Going in and out of a hen house does not make us a chicken and going in and out of a church house does not redeem us.

Thanks for the advice. Not sure how it is relevant, though. I have supper with Jesus every sunday.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Thanks for the advice. Not sure how it is relevant, though. I have supper with Jesus every sunday.
Ekklesia walk with Jesus and with the Father ,
in union with them, EVERY DAY - awake, asleep, meals, work, play, leisure, ALL THE TIME.

Upvote 0

JOYFUL-ONE

Dec 11, 2017
SOUTH CAROLINA
✟11,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
OK. I have shared my story. I would be interested to hear how you became a believer?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
OK. May I ask you, do you know for certain which way you would go if you died tonight?
It is directly against site/forum rules in this section to discuss or question anyone's salvation or to offer salvation to anyone.

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
OK. May I ask you, do you know for certain which way you would go if you died tonight?

"know... for certain". That's a very philosophically debatable concept, and it's naive to think you know for certain, either.

I'm not going to play games with a proselytizer who is only out to put a feather in their cap. I don't have to belong to your religion's tribe to be secure in my knowledge of the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ekklesia walk with Jesus and with the Father ,
in union with them, EVERY DAY - awake, asleep, meals, work, play, leisure, ALL THE TIME.
Absolutely, and amen! A relationship with God shouldn't be for just an hour every Sunday morning.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Absolutely, and amen! A relationship with God shouldn't be for just an hour every Sunday morning.

I go to the Divine Service for an hour and a half every week but God is with me always. I don't need a burning in the bosom or a teary altar call to know that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I go to the Divine Service for an hour and a half every week but God is with me always. I don't need a burning in the bosom or a teary altar call to know that.
I'm not sure where that came from, since no one here mentioned anything of the sort...but okie dokie. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not sure where that came from, since no one here mentioned anything of the sort...but okie dokie. :oldthumbsup:

This question "do you know if you died today where you are going to go?" is only meaningful if you assume the Baptist assumptions about what it means to be a Christian.

I do not know with absolute certainty where I am going when I die (and neither do you). I believe that God has accepted me as his own through my baptism, he has enlightened me with the Holy Spirit and kept me in the true faith.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This question "do you know if you died today where you are going to go?" is only meaningful if you assume the Baptist assumptions about what it means to be a Christian.
I do not know with absolute certainty where I am going when I die (and neither do you).
trump-mouth-saying-wrong-closeup.jpg

Reactions: harko
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
You are just presuming you know based on your religious system's interpretation of the world.

I am confident in God's grace, but that's not the same thing as what you are suggesting, which is really little more than whistling past a graveyard of doubt. You are the one that has to hide behind pious sophistry. My pastor does a good job of keeping me secure in the faith, and away from wolves like you.

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

But the Bible tells us to live for Jesus daily and those who wish to live for God must seek Him in His Word

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.