✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
From the article.
Washington — The last known survivors of the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre are calling on Congress to consider paying reparations for the continued damage done to their Oklahoma community.

The House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties on Wednesday heard testimony from three centenarians about a violent mob's riot 100 years ago through the thriving Tulsa neighborhood of Greenwood, known at the time as "Black Wall Street."
"I have lived through the massacre every day": Tulsa race massacre survivors testify before House committee - CBS News

She looks good for 107. :)

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
From the article.
Washington — The last known survivors of the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre are calling on Congress to consider paying reparations for the continued damage done to their Oklahoma community.

The House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties on Wednesday heard testimony from three centenarians about a violent mob's riot 100 years ago through the thriving Tulsa neighborhood of Greenwood, known at the time as "Black Wall Street."
"I have lived through the massacre every day": Tulsa race massacre survivors testify before House committee - CBS News

She looks good for 107. :)
You have to excuse me but why should Congress have to pay reparations?.......Shouldn't it be Tulsa.....or the county.......or even the state of OK?.......Unless the real reason is the depth of the pockets?.......Just curious.......

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You have to excuse me but why should Congress have to pay reparations?.......Shouldn't it be Tulsa.....or the county.......or even the state of OK?.......Unless the real reason is the depth of the pockets?.......Just curious.......
I have no idea. Maybe she also wants recognition that the massacre happened. She said the state had denied that the massacre even happened.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe justice delayed is justice denied?
The Article said:
That 2001 commission recommended that reparations be paid to the Greenwood community, but 20 years later, survivors of the massacre and their descendants have not received any direct compensation for the event's effect on their lives.
They are owed reparations, but nobody has done so for twenty years...maybe this is to light a fire under the people who will ultimately pay these?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Doesn't answer the question.......
What question....”why are they in Congress testifying?”, maybe because they haven’t received the reparations that the 2001 commission said that they were due?
Perhaps?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
What question....”why are they in Congress testifying?”, maybe because they haven’t received the reparations that the 2001 commission said that they were due?
Perhaps?
You didn't see see the questions there?......

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You didn't see see the questions there?......
Why do you insist on asking questions instead of attempting to understand the plight of these people?

It might be because you’d like additional information before forming an opinion, but I suspect it is really because you don’t care about this century old injustice being righted and just wanna “play-debate”.

Good day to you sir!

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Why do you insist on asking questions instead of attempting to understand the plight of these people?
Why do you insist on avoid answering questions and instead attempt to deflect?
It might be because you’d like additional information before forming an opinion,
And you would be correct.
but I suspect it is really because you don’t care about this century old injustice being righted and just wanna “play-debate”.
And you would be wrong. Why is placing reparation burden on the entities that allowed this to happen seen as 'because you don't care'?

And a better day to you.

Upvote 0