Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
This is what we face in my community. It's not a conspiracy. It's not political. We fight a disease that does not discriminate. Our children are in danger. Do your part to stop the spread. Wear a mask. Social distance. Take the vaccine.

Over 1,000 Henry County students quarantined after 12 days in school
Sorry. Too long they have been 'crying wolf'. I don't believe much of anything I hear anymore. They will have a hard time, for example, making me believe all these are Covid cases.

This constant drumbeat of panic on top of panic is making me deaf and numb.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry. Too long they have been 'crying wolf'. I don't believe much of anything I hear anymore. They will have a hard time, for example, making me believe all these are Covid cases.

This constant drumbeat of panic on top of panic is making me deaf and numb.

Crying wolf is not bad if there really is a wolf. Just because you haven't wanted all these cries to be real doesn't mean they are not real. Burying your head in the sand only ensures that you don't see the danger. It doesn't make the danger go away. Do your part. Love your neighbor enough to do these simple things.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
This is what we face in my community. It's not a conspiracy. It's not political. We fight a disease that does not discriminate. Our children are in danger. Do your part to stop the spread. Wear a mask. Social distance. Take the vaccine.

Over 1,000 Henry County students quarantined after 12 days in school

Worse than that in the county next to me where there are close to 5600 students isolated or quarantined in the first week.

Nearly 5,600 Hillsborough students isolated or quarantined one week into school year (abcactionnews.com)

• Prayers
Reactions: Thomas White
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Crying wolf is not bad if there really is a wolf. Just because you haven't wanted all these cries to be real doesn't mean they are not real. Burying your head in the sand only ensures that you don't see the danger. It doesn't make the danger go away. Do your part. Love your neighbor enough to do these simple things.
IT is not that simple....it is ongoing. US about to recommend a booster shot for those that got the shot more than 8 months ago.... So not they have to put more things in their body or be accused of not loving their neighbor.

It is a little too much now.

Reactions: Torah Keeper
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the immunocompromised, yes.
No....they are already recommended to take it now......In the next day or so, there will be a recommendation that EVERYONE get a booster 8 months after getting your 2nd dose.

That will be followed by more mandates from jobs...and it goes on.

We have no more freedom....and everyone is ok with it because of fear.

Now we here saying you dont love your neighbor if you desire to control what is put in your own body.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
No....they are already recommended to take it now......In the next day or so, there will be a recommendation that EVERYONE get a booster 8 months after getting your 2nd dose.

That will be followed by more mandates from jobs...and it goes on.

We have no more freedom....and everyone is ok with it because of fear.

Now we here saying you dont love your neighbor if you desire to control what is put in your own body.

From what I have seen it is only for the immunocompromised. I guess time will tell. Jobs should have the ability to mandate vaccines. They not only have their workers to think about but their customers as well.

I am okay with losing some freedoms because of a Pandemic and it's not because of fear, but it sure seems like there is alot of me me me crying when it comes to people thinking that a temporary loss of freedom is an issue when trying to get a pandemic under control.

Notice I haven't said anything about not loving your neighbor. I don't think like that. However, I do think that at least in the US, most people have become whiny brats.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
IT is not that simple....it is ongoing. US about to recommend a booster shot for those that got the shot more than 8 months ago.... So not they have to put more things in their body or be accused of not loving their neighbor.

It is a little too much now.

It is that simple. That's the point. It is so incredibly easy to do these simple things to keep yourself and your neighbor safe.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I love my neighbor enough to want the best for him, and that is not Government control. Further, I have not buried my head in the sand. At first I believed as did pretty much everyone else, that this was a sure-enough awful and very communicable disease. I was happy to do my part in preventing its spread, though even then I began to wonder what was the point in prolonging the inception of herd immunity, as the numbers of dead were pretty nearly the same without the deaths resulting from shutdowns and other supposedly necessary measures. When the term, 'flattening the curve', disappeared, along with reports of overflowing hospitals, (and related items, such as a hospital ship sent to NY that never did get used), and directives were given that reporting numbers were not to precisely reflect actual cases, they lost my agreement. This has become much too political, for me to take as what they want me to think it is.

No doubt there is a wolf, but it is not where they scream about it, nor is it as dangerous as they make it out to be. Sorry, but there has been way too much lying for me to believe in this panic anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
after telling teen about OP article,
teen has decided to wear mask at least first 2 wks
even though she had vaccine

our district is not requiring masks

however, if exposed & not vaccinated, kids will have to return home for 7 days
if exposed & vaccinated, mask required for 2 wks & can remain at school

• Agree
Reactions: Thomas White
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

I get a flu shot every year. It works. Welcome to the world. But so far, no recommendation for healthy vaccinated people to get a booster. Unless a worse variant shows up, not likely to.

Breakthrough illnesses are pretty rare. Almost all the patients hospitalized for the virus are unvaccinated.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From what I have seen it is only for the immunocompromised. I guess time will tell. Jobs should have the ability to mandate vaccines. They not only have their workers to think about but their customers as well.

Yes we all know that the recommendation has already been made for the immunocompromised. In a few days the recommendation will expand to ALL who are 8months removed from their 2nd shot. No need to argue this...just read a newspaper or watch the news.

And yes Job should have the ability to mandate anything they want....and employee will have to comply or not feed their families.

Likewise mothers should be able to take as much time and money away from fathers that the courts would allow.....and the Fathers should have no choice but the give it up, or give up their freedom as well.

I am okay with losing some freedoms because of a Pandemic and it's not because of fear, but it sure seems like there is alot of me me me crying when it comes to people thinking that a temporary loss of freedom is an issue when trying to get a pandemic under control.

Ok you are ok losing freedom for this.....but maybe not other things.....other people may feel different than you. I understand the plight of Father's who have give so much away that they can barely live themselves....but you come along and say you dont care about the father....they didnt have to have the children, and now they should be force to give up freedom and every dime they have for the well being of the child.

You see? everyone feels different about different things....and we should be allowed to have our differences be respect.

If you desire to have the freedom of others taken away without a care.....you will receive the same treatment. As you would have done unto you, that do ye also to others.

IT is unwise to be so dismissal of the feelings and cares of others.

Notice I haven't said anything about not loving your neighbor. I don't think like that. However, I do think that at least in the US, most people have become whiny brats.

If you read through the posts, you would see that masks and vaccines were linked to loving neighbors.

This is not about whiny brats, it is about people only caring about their personal feelings and disregarding the feelings of their neighbor.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I get a flu shot every year. It works. Welcome to the world. But so far, no recommendation for healthy vaccinated people to get a booster. Unless a worse variant shows up, not likely to.

Breakthrough illnesses are pretty rare. Almost all the patients hospitalized for the virus are unvaccinated.
I have never gotten a flu shot. And after I left the tropics, have never had flu, or at least, if I had, I did not know it. My mother, until she died, got the flu shot every year it was available, and nearly always, if not always, exhibited flu symptoms immediately afterwards.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes we all know that the recommendation has already been made for the immunocompromised. In a few days the recommendation will expand to ALL who are 8months removed from their 2nd shot. No need to argue this...just read a newspaper or watch the news.

And yes Job should have the ability to mandate anything they want....and employee will have to comply or not feed their families.

Likewise mothers should be able to take as much time and money away from fathers that the courts would allow.....and the Fathers should have no choice but the give it up, or give up their freedom as well.

Ok you are ok losing freedom for this.....but maybe not other things.....other people may feel different than you. I understand the plight of Father's who have give so much away that they can barely live themselves....but you come along and say you dont care about the father....they didnt have to have the children, and now they should be force to give up freedom and every dime they have for the well being of the child.

You see? everyone feels different about different things....and we should be allowed to have our differences be respect.

If you desire to have the freedom of others taken away without a care.....you will receive the same treatment. As you would have done unto you, that do ye also to others.

IT is unwise to be so dismissal of the feelings and cares of others.

If you read through the posts, you would see that masks and vaccines were linked to loving neighbors.

This is not about whiny brats, it is about people only caring about their personal feelings and disregarding the feelings of their neighbor.

As someone who pays child support, your analogy is poor at best. Vaccine mandates and mask mandates do not equal child support issues. One is to control a pandemic, the other is not.

I am fine with losing some of my freedoms to get a pandemic under control. I stand by that statement and to try and prey on my emotions in regards to child support is not the way to go about winning me to your side, ever!

I also stand by the whiny brats comment, as I see it day in and day out, people screaming about their freedoms while others are getting sick from a pandemic.

When there is a pandemic, everyone should be working together, wearing masks, getting vaccinated, etc, not screaming about their rights.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I havent gotten any shot or vaccine in more than 5 years.....and havent been sick in the same amount of time...... I Trust in God for my health....... It Works.

I had to take this vaccine, because I was told I would not be able to buy or sell without it.....and some Christians, as you can see here, love this mandate. I do not...

I've read from numerous sources the the mandate is coming for all in the next few days to get the booster 8months after the 2nd shot. Apparently, the initial vaccine is less effective after a couple months have passed.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
As someone who pays child support, your analogy is poor at best. Vaccine mandates and mask mandates do not equal child support issues. One is to control a pandemic, the other is not.

I am fine with losing some of my freedoms to get a pandemic under control. I stand by that statement and to try and prey on my emotions in regards to child support is not the way to go about winning me to your side, ever!

I also stand by the whiny brats comment, as I see it day in and day out, people screaming about their freedoms while others are getting sick from a pandemic.

When there is a pandemic, everyone should be working together, wearing masks, getting vaccinated, etc, not screaming about their rights.
How long is this curve flattening going to last now? At first, it was a few weeks.

You think there is no lying going on, and that when there is no more reason they are going to back off and people won't be acclimated to doing whatever they are told and believing the things they are told? We will all be urged to go back to sleep.

You honestly believe Government has our best interests in mind?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is that simple. That's the point. It is so incredibly easy to do these simple things to keep yourself and your neighbor safe.
Yes it is easy.....But why try to force and guilt trip people into doing something? Why cant we respect the feelings of others and trust that God will protect us no matter how many people around us decide not to do what you decided to do for yourself?

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
How long is this curve flattening going to last now? At first, it was a few weeks.

At least in Florida, I can see why it has taken much longer. No one listens and even when we were in lockdown people were going out without masks, etc. These things would work if all would listen.

You think there is no lying going on, and that when there is no more reason they are going to back off and people won't be acclimated to doing whatever they are told and believing the things they are told? We will all be urged to go back to sleep.

You're entitled to your opinion, I happen to disagree with it.

You honestly believe Government has our best interests in mind?

Actually, for the most part, yes.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The good news is that as the pandemic rips into rural areas and starts taking out younger adults and children, more people are deciding that vaccines aren't so bad after all.

All 50 states report rising vaccination rates as COVID infections surge, data shows
It's a silver lining to the immeasurable grief that has accompanied the virus.
All 50 states report rising vaccination rates as COVID infections surge, data shows

Sometimes, reality has to hit some people upside the head with a 2x4 to get their attention.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0