✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
These are good questions.

Praise only to our God dear Hark. The point I guess of this OP is really to challenge what we may have been taught in the past and say where is the scripture that proves these claims as in the last days we are told by JESUS that in these last days, there will be many false teachers that will seek to deceive if possible God's very elect. I believe we all need to challenge what we think we believe and be able to know if what we know to be true or not is in God's Word. We need to claim God's promises and seek him through his Word. If we do so Jesus will send up His Spirit and promises to guide us and teach us.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Praise only to our God dear Hark. The point I guess of this OP is really to challenge what we may have been taught in the past and say where is the scripture that proves these claims as in the last days we are told by JESUS that in these last days, there will be many false teachers that will seek to deceive if possible God's very elect. I believe we all need to challenge what we think we believe and be able to know if what we know to be true or not is in God's Word. We need to claim God's promises and seek him through his Word. If we do so Jesus will send up His Spirit and promises to guide us and teach us.

God bless

The vast majority of people die with the same doctrine that they were taught as children. They can't all be right when they contradict each other.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The vast majority of people die with the same doctrine that they were taught as children. They can't all be right when they contradict each other.
Yes dear friend. It is a shame really. Most people do not believe or read God's Word for themselves.This is the sad thing I guess. Many will be disappointed come judgement day.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yes dear friend. It is a shame really. Most people do not believe or read God's Word for themselves.This is the sad thing I guess. Many will be disappointed come judgement day.

It truly is a shame. I started reading carefully as a teenager. The messages that I was getting, at different churches, were different. Within just a couple years of that, I had stopped putting my trust in the words of men.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It truly is a shame. I started reading carefully as a teenager. The messages that I was getting, at different churches, were different. Within just a couple years of that, I had stopped putting my trust in the words of men.

I think this is important HARK! We should always put God's Word first. I believe Gods is calling us all out from following man-made teachings and traditions back to the Word of God (Matthew 15:3-5; Revelation 14:8-12; Revelation 18:4). God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth *John 4:23-24. Jesus is calling us all saying what are you doing. Come back to the Word of God. God's sheep hear His Voice (the Word) and follow him. Those who do not hear do not follow because they are not His sheep *John 10:26-27.

• Agree
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think this is important HARK! We should always put God's Word first. I believe Gods is calling us all out from following man-made teachings and traditions back to the Word of God
Absolutely, strife and unlovingness have turned our World into a terrible mess. Jesus, the God of Love and kindness, came to show mankind a better way. A better way than the World had ever known. All the laws God gave to Israel, Israel failed. God's Word from Jesus never fails. Jn15:9-14 Love never fails. God is calling us back to Jesus Royal Law of ❤.

Paul called the laws you subscribe the ministry of death.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
All the laws God gave to Israel, Israel failed. God's Word from Jesus never fails. Jn15:9-14 Love never fails. God is calling us back to Jesus Royal Law of ❤.
Not really Bob, Paul calls God's 10 commandments holy, just and good *Romans 7:12. The problem has never been on God's part like you claim but on our behalf because we are sick with sin but many do not know this according to Jesus in Matthew 9:12-13. Gods' 10 commandments are only a ministration of death to those who reject the gospel (Gods' Word) because the wages of sin is death to all those who reject the gift of God's dear son *Romans 6:23. Sin is defined in the new covenant scriptures as breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and if we break anyone of them including God's 4th commandment according to James we stand guilty before God of sin in James 2:10-11. Jesus came to save us from sin (breaking God's commandments) not saving us so we can continue to practice sin according to the scriptures (Romans 6:1-23; Romans 8:1-4; Romans 3:31; John 8:31-36; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:9-10; Revelation 14:12).

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not really Bob, Paul calls God's 10 commandments holy, just and good *Romans 7:12.
Tunnel vision will get you nowhere LGW. How about starting so that Rom 7:12 is in context. I really get sick of your "not really" and then use verses out of context to try to prove a point.

10 I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death. 11 For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. 12 So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good. Israel failed, so the law that was Holy became Israel's death warrant just as I indicated in my post that you critique with "not really". Not one of those commandments given only to Israel had any power to save, yet your revered prophet wrote the following false statement: It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." {6T 356.4} Give me one good reason to come back into such a burdensome lifestyle when Jesus has given me a better covenant with better promises.

The problem has never been on God's part like you claim
That is so sick LGW, a sick untruth. Why would you stoop so low as to accuse me of blaming God for anything.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Tunnel vision will get you nowhere LGW. How about starting so that Rom 7:12 is in context. I really get sick of your "not really" and then use verses out of context to try to prove a point.

Hello Bob, the context does not change the meaning of Romans 7:12 where Paul says the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. The reason Paul says this is because the context from Romans 7:7 that states that through the law is the knowledge of what sin is when we break the law. Sin according to the scripture is defined as breaking Gods' law and that is what the purpose of Gods' law is according to Paul in Romans 3:20 and Romans 7:7; John in 1:John 3:4. That is why James says if we break anyone of Gods' 10 commandments including God's 4th commandment "seventh day" Sabbath we stand guilty before God of sin in James 2:10-11. God's Word does not teach anywhere that God's law is abolished like you are trying to teach everyone here. That would be a contradiction of the bible and also the teachings of Paul when he says elsewhere in Romans 3:20 does faith abolish the law? No it establishes the law or of in Romans 8:4 where it says that the righteousness of Gods' law is fulfilled in us who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit or in Galatians 5:16 where Paul says walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh, or in Romans 6:1-23 where Paul devotes a whole chapter telling us to stop breaking God's commandments, or once again where Paul shows that love is expressed through obedience to God's law in Romans 13:8-10. Jesus came to save us from our sins Bob and frees us from our sins. He did not due for our sins so that we are now free to continue to sin. That teaching is against the scriptures and is not biblical.
Bob S said: All the laws God gave to Israel, Israel failed. God's Word from Jesus never fails. Jn15:9-14 Love never fails. God is calling us back to Jesus Royal Law of ❤.
My response was....
The problem has never been on God's part like you claim but on our behalf because we are sick with sin but many do not know this according to Jesus in Matthew 9:12-13....
Your response...
That is so sick LGW, a sick untruth. Why would you stoop so low as to accuse me of blaming God for anything.
Perhaps you have a misunderstanding of what was written to you. You claim in the post above that God's Word failed and that the words from Jesus never fail which is a contradiction in itself. I only responded by saying Gods law which is Gods' Word by the way (see Exodus 20:1) did not fail it was mankind that failed because we are sick with sin but many do not know this according to Jesus in Matthew 9:12-13. To move on further law is not separate from love as love is expressed in obedience to Gods' law not by breaking Gods' law. This is shown in the very words of Jesus where he says "On these two great commandments of love to God and love to man hang all the law and the prophets" in Matthew 22:36-40 or in Romans 13:10-12 where Paul shows that love is expressed in obedience to Gods' law. James is also stating the same thing in regards to the Royal law where he agrees with Jesus and Paul where he says that if we break any one of God's 10 commandments we do not express love to our fellow man and stand guilty before God of sin in James 2:8-12.

Last edited:
Upvote 0