✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Back to the OP...

Maybe you can show where in all the bible does is say (SOLA SCRIPTURA; Scripture only please)...

1. That God's 4th commandments 7th day Sabbath has been abolished?

2. That Jesus is a Sabbath?

3. The Sabbath (seventh day) was ever changed from the seventh to the first day of the week?

4. Where we are told to keep the first day of the week holy?

5. Where the first day of the week (Sunday) is ever called a holy day?

6. That says that Jesus ever kept the first day (Sunday)?

7. That tells us to keep the first day in honour of the resurrection of Christ?

8. Where the first day is ever given any sacred name?

9. That affirms that any of the apostles ever kept the first day as the Sabbath?

10. From any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath of God?

11. Where we are told not to work on the first day of the week?

12. That says the seventh day is no longer God's Sabbath day?

13. That says the seventh day Sabbath is ABOLISHED?

14. Where the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath?

15. Where the first day was ever appointed to be kept as the Lord's Day?

16. Where the first day of the week is ever called the Lord's Day?

17. That says that the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?

18. That says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week?

19. That says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

20. That calls the seventh day the “Jewish Sabbath” or one text that calls Sunday the “Christian Sabbath”?

21. Telling man to keep the first day of the week holy or to worship or rest on the first day of the week?

22. Authorizing anyone to set aside God's Sabbath and observe any other day?

23. Showing any of the apostles keeping the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

24. Authorizing someone to set aside the fourth Commandment and observe any other day of the week?

25. Where any apostle taught us to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

26. Declaring that the seventh day is no longer the Eternal Sabbath day?

27. Where Sunday is now appointed to be kept as the New Testament Sabbath or holy day?

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Who said God took at Sabbath? Where have I ever stated that in GENESIS 2:1-3 that God took a Sabbath. If I have never made any claims or any statements that Godtook a Sabbath why pretend that I have?
Are these your words or not? [2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made.

So you did say that God kept Sabbath.

How can God take a Sabbath when GENESIS 2:1-3 is the place that God BLESSED and MADE HOLY THE SEVENTH DAY of the creation week to make the SABBATH? The SABBATH is the ORIGIN of when the SABBATH was made. There was no SABBATHS befoes the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week.
Now you're making stuff up. Who is claiming that there can be a Sabbath before the 7th day of creation? You are claiming the seventh day of creation was the first Sabbath. True or False?
The bible says God rested on the Seventh day.
So who was the first to keep Sabbath?

Rubbish. God's LAW was given to his people who are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. Your reasoning above is like saying that because God's 10 Commandments was Given to ISRAEL then it is now ok for those who follow God to lie, steal, murder, commit adultery or break any one of God's 10 commandments because they did not come out of Egypt? This has no truth in it. God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments. You apply that reasoning not to one but to ALL because there are 10 commmandments not one.
What is rubbish is this: You said "I cant wait" to talk about the 4th commandment. I was pointing out 4th Commandment truths and you're excusing yourself from disputing my claims. Accusing me of condoning murder, adultery, stealing.....STOP LGW.
Again, I claimed that there are 3 reasons given to keep the Sabbath commandment.
#1. Exo 20:11 - For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
(In my understanding this text above reads; The Sabbath is blessed and hallowed because God created the world in six days and rested on the Seventh day.)

#2. Exo 31:13 - Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.
( Speak to the COI (God did not say "tell all nations of the world" did He?) My Sabbaths shall be kept (by whom?) for it is a sign between me and you. (me and who?))

#3. Deu 5:15 - And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the Sabbath day.

( Remember that you were slaves in the land of Egypt and God brought you out and commanded you to keep the Sabbath.)

In the OLD and the NEW COVENANT the purpose of God's LAW (10 Commandments) has always had the same role as it awlays has and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

In the NEW COVENANT God's LAW is written in the HEART to LOVE *ROMANS 13:8-10.

God's ISRAEL under the NEW COVENANT are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD (scripture support here). If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL then you have no part in the NEW COVENANT. Gentile BELIEVERS are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27.

Under the NEW COVENANT God's WORD says that if we KNOWINGLY break any one of God's 10 Commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11. God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. According to God's WORD, ALL those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD *PHILIPPIANS 2:13. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to UNKNOWINGLY break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (MATTHEW 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day. Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now, <when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (ACTS 17:30-31).

If your lamp goes out how will you find your way when the road is dark and narrow?

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4.
I cant respond to confusion and stay focused on the 4th commandment facts. Sorry

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no truth in your statement brother. You are confused. As already shown in the within scripture, chapter context and the HEBREW words meanings SABBATH is a NOUN and the SABBATH REST is the VERB of what it means to KEEPING or to KEEP SABBATH. In response all I am hearing from you is your words over God's WORD. I guess you have no scriptures to share for your belief which is correct because the posts above show your in error and God's WORD disagrees with you. Only God's WORD is true brother and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. JESUS says those who follow the teachings and traditions of men are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.
The phrase "KEEP SABBATH" is not a verb. What you've written in Red above is questionable at best.
Rubbish. Where have I ever stated that every time the word REST is used it related to the Sabbath? If I have never made any claims or any statements that every time the word REST in God's WORD relates to the Sabbath why pretend that I have? If I have made no such claims or statements to your claim then you are bearing false witness. This is shameful on your behalf. I will leave that between you and God.
Your edit on Strong's dictionary establish the definition of Rest just as you've posted. RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath]
If your dictionary define Rest as keep Sabbath, you own it.
What determines when REST is the VERB to keeping or to keep SABBATH is the within scripture and chapter CONTEXT of how it is applied to the scriptures. This is the CONTEXT that is being used in both GENESIS 2:1-3 and EXODUS 20:8-11 to what it means to KEEPING or to KEEP the SABBATH.

GENESIS 2:1-3 [1], Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
[2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made. [3], And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY: BECAUSE THAT IN IT HE HAD RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] from all his work which God created and made.

EXODUS 20:8-11 [8], REMEMBER the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> [Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day] [9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: [10], But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God [This is a direct reference from God's Word defining what the Sabbath is; The SABBATH = the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK]: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY> [11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and MADE IT HOLY.
You keep doing the same thing over and over. Good luck to those who trust your presentation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Are these your words or not? [2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made.

Read what I posted to you. How can God take a Sabbath when GENESIS 2:1-3 is the place that God BLESSED and MADE HOLY THE SEVENTH DAY of the creation week to make the SABBATH? The SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK is the ORIGIN of when the SABBATH was made. There was no SABBATHS before the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week. God kept the SABBATH that he BLESSED and MADE HOLY by RESTING.

So you did say that God kept Sabbath. Now you're making stuff up. Who is claiming that there can be a Sabbath before the 7th day of creation? You are claiming the seventh day of creation was the first Sabbath. True or False? The bible says God rested on the Seventh day. So who was the first to keep Sabbath?

Of course GOD kept the SABBATH. God kept the SABBATH when it was fist made on the SEVENTH DAY of the CREATION week by RESTING on the SEVENTH DAY of the CREATION week. This is the day that GOD BLESSED and MADE HOLY as a memorial of creation. *GENESIS 2:1-3. God made the SABBATH on the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week and kept the SABBATH by RESTING on the SEVENTH DAY of the CREATION week.

What is rubbish is this: I was pointing out 4th Commandment truths and you're excusing yourself from disputing my claims. Accusing me of condoning murder, adultery, stealing.....STOP LGW.

Again, I claimed that there are 3 reasons given to keep the Sabbath commandment.
#1. Exo 20:11 - For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
(In my understanding this text above reads; The Sabbath is blessed and hallowed because God created the world in six days and rested on the Seventh day.)

#2. Exo 31:13 - Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.
( Speak to the COI (God did not say "tell all nations of the world" did He?) My Sabbaths shall be kept (by whom?) for it is a sign between me and you. (me and who?))

#3. Deu 5:15 - And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the Sabbath day.
( Remember that you were slaves in the land of Egypt and God brought you out and commanded you to keep the Sabbath.)

I cant respond to confusion and stay focused on the 4th commandment facts. Sorry

Rubbish was to your claims and interpretation of the scriptures you posted. Your first point only support why we are to keep God's 4th commandment SEVENTH DAY SABBATH where you posted *EXODUS 20:11. Then you were trying to argue that we do not have to keep God's 4th Commandment because you did not come out of Egypt right? Then you posted EXODUS 13:31:13 and DEUTERONOMY 5:15.

Based on your reasoning and argument above is like saying that because God's 10 Commandments were Given to ISRAEL then it is now ok for those who follow God to lie, steal, murder, commit adultery or break any one of God's 10 commandments because they did not come out of Egypt? This has no truth in it. God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments. You apply that reasoning not to one but to ALL because there are 10 commmandments not one.

In the OLD and the NEW COVENANT the purpose of God's LAW (10 Commandments) has always had the same role as it awlays has and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

God's ISRAEL under the NEW COVENANT are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD (scripture support here). If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL then you have no part in the NEW COVENANT. Gentile BELIEVERS are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27.

Under the NEW COVENANT God's WORD says that if we KNOWINGLY break any one of God's 10 Commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11. God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. According to God's WORD, ALL those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD *PHILIPPIANS 2:13. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to UNKNOWINGLY break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (MATTHEW 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day. Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now, <when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (ACTS 17:30-31).

If your lamp goes out how will you find your way when the road is dark and narrow?

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The phrase "KEEP SABBATH" is not a verb. What you've written in Red above is questionable at bes.

Your confused here brother and twisting what I have posted. RESTING is the VERB. This was already stated to you. One of the HEBREW Word meaning for REST is KEEP SABBATH which is the context of GENESIS 2:1-3 which is what GOD did when he BLESSED and MADE the SEVENTH DAY of the CREATION week a HOLY DAY. God RESTED (Verb) RESTINGS is to KEEP SABBATH (verb is to resting which is how the Sabbath is kept). This is God's WORD not mine.

Your edit on Strong's dictionary establish the definition of Rest just as you've posted. RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] If your dictionary define Rest as keep Sabbath, you own it.

Your just repeating false claims which have already been addressed elsewhere brother.
Do your have anything new to add? The HEBREW word for REST used in GENESIS 2:1-3 is in reference and CONTEXT to the HEBREW WORD definition to KEEP (VERB) the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH (NOUN). The brackets around SABBATH in the HEBREW word definitions are what is being kept = RESTING ON THE SEVENTH DAY IS KEEPING or what it means to KEEP SABBATH (VERB). This is a part of the HEBREW Word definitions, which is also scripture CONTEXT of GENESIS 2:1-3. Look at where the commas are in the definition they have KEEP and SABBATH together because REST AND KEEP is in reference to the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH (SABBATH IS DEFINED AS THE SEVENTH DAY - EXODUS 20:10) which is also CONTEXT of GENESIS 2:1-3. Sorry brother your claims are false ones as the definition is the same as intended in the STRONG'S which is REST (VERB) is what it means to KEEP SABBATH. The HEBREW word REST (VERB) שָׁבַת shâbath, 7673 is the root word for SABBATH (NOUN; what is being rested) שַׁבָּת shabbâth 7676.

God's sheep hear his Voice (the Word)

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Read what I posted to you. How can God take a Sabbath when GENESIS 2:1-3 is the place that God BLESSED and MADE HOLY THE SEVENTH DAY of the creation week to make the SABBATH? The SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK is the ORIGIN of when the SABBATH was made. There was no SABBATHS before the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week. God kept the SABBATH that he BLESSED and MADE HOLY by RESTING.

Of course GOD kept the SABBATH. God kept the SABBATH when it was fist made on the SEVENTH DAY of the CREATION week by RESTING on the SEVENTH DAY of the CREATION week. This is the day that GOD BLESSED and MADE HOLY as a memorial of creation. *GENESIS 2:1-3. God made the SABBATH on the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week and kept the SABBATH by RESTING on the SEVENTH DAY of the CREATION week.
Here is a cut and paste of your words LGW. "Who said God took a Sabbath? Where have I ever stated that in GENESIS 2:1-3 that God took a Sabbath. If I have never made any claims or any statements that God took a Sabbath why pretend that I have?"
You're very confused and confusing LGW.
Rubbish was to your claims and interpretation of the scriptures you posted. Your first point only support why we are to keep God's 4th commandment SEVENTH DAY SABBATH where you posted *EXODUS 20:11. Then you were trying to argue that we do not have to keep God's 4th Commandment because you did not come out of Egypt right? Then you posted EXODUS 13:31:13 and DEUTERONOMY 5:15.
Rubbish? Repost me saying anything about not keeping the Sabbath?
The idea of these dialogs, is for you to repost whatever I say is false, and to show me what God's word really teach. I limit and put numbers on my comments for you to address them. Everyone should know the scriptures I posted of what God said concerning the Sabbath. Most SDA quotes the 4th commandment every Sabbath day.

(The Sabbath command)
Exo 20:8 - Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

(HOW to keep the Sabbath)

Exo 20:9 - Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

Exo 20:10 - But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

(Why to keep the Sabbath)

Exo 20:11 - For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Here's what you're missing LGW. God is saying...... keep the Sabbath because I Am your Creator. I AM the God who created the world in 6 days and rested on the Seventh day.

(The Sabbath command)
Deu 5:12 - Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.

(How to Keep the Sabbath)
Deu 5:13 - Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:

Deu 5:14 - But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

Deu 5:15 - And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

Here's what you're missing LGW. God is saying: I am your Savior and Deliverer from bondage in Egypt. So I'm commanding you to keep the Sabbath.

Exo 31:12 - And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

Exo 31:13 - Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

What you're missing LGW, is that God is saying: You shall keep my Sabbath because it's a sign between you and me.

Exo 31:14 - Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
( If you don't keep my Sabbath, you shall be put to death)
Based on your reasoning and argument above is like saying that because God's 10 Commandments were Given to ISRAEL then it is now ok for those who follow God to lie, steal, murder, commit adultery or break any one of God's 10 commandments because they did not come out of Egypt? This has no truth in it. God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments. You apply that reasoning not to one but to ALL because there are 10 commmandments not one.

Hope this helps.
Again, you're twisting basic truths into false accusations.
I refuse to address anything other subject than what God said about the Sabbath.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here are your words LGW. Who said God took a Sabbath? Where have I ever stated that in GENESIS 2:1-3 that God took a Sabbath. If I have never made any claims or any statements that God took a Sabbath why pretend that I have? You're very confused friend.
Not at all friend. It was you who stated that God did not keep his own Sabbath. What was said to you was that there was NO Sabbths before GENESIS 2:1-3. The SEVENTH DAY of the CREATION week is the ORIGIN of when God's SABBATH was created. Yout confused.
Rubbish? Repost me saying anything about not keeping the Sabbath? The idea of these dialogs, is for you to repost whatever I say is false, and to show me what God's word really teach. I limit and put numbers on my comments for you to address them. Everyone should know the scriptures I posted of what God said concerning the Sabbath. Most SDA quotes the 4th commandment every Sabbath day.e Sabbath? Which one is it?
Is not your claim that because you did not come out of Egypt you do not have to keep the Sabbath? So do you believe we are to keep the Sabbath according to God's 4th Commandment?
(The Sabbath command)
Exo 20:8 - Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

(HOW to keep the Sabbath)
Exo 20:9 - Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

Exo 20:10 - But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

Exo 20:11 - For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Yep so these scriptures only support what I have shared with you.
Here's what you're missing LGW. God is saying...... keep the Sabbath because I Am your Creator. I AM the God who created the world in 6 days and rested on the Seventh day.
Why would you think I am missing something I already know and share here?
(The Sabbath command)
Deu 5:12 - Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.

(How to Keep the Sabbath)
Deu 5:13 - Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:

Deu 5:14 - But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

Deu 5:15 - And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

Here's what you're missing LGW. God is saying: I am your Savior and Deliverer from bondage in Egypt. So I'm commanding you to keep the Sabbath.

Exo 31:12 - And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

Exo 31:13 - Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

What you're missing LGW, is that God is saying: You shall keep my Sabbath because it's a sign between you and me.
DITTO
Exo 31:14 - Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. ( If you don't keep my Sabbath, you shall be put to death)
Indeed. God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. According to God's WORD, ALL those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD *PHILIPPIANS 2:13. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

What is your point and what is your argument is not that we do not need to keep God's 4th commandment Sabbath?
Again, you're twisting basic truths into false accusations. I refuse to address anything other subject than what God said about the Sabbath.
Please prove your claims if you cannot then your only arguing with God's WORD. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *ROMANS 3:4. JESUS says those who knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

This was what you were quoting from... please show how anything in this post is twisting basic truths. If you cannot your claims are false ones and your bearing false witness.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Your confused here brother and twisting what I have posted. RESTING is the VERB. This was already stated to you. One of the HEBREW Word meaning for REST is KEEP SABBATH which is the context of GENESIS 2:1-3 which is what GOD did when he BLESSED and MADE the SEVENTH DAY of the CREATION week a HOLY DAY. God RESTED (Verb) RESTINGS is to KEEP SABBATH (verb is to resting which is how the Sabbath is kept). This is God's WORD not mine.
All you have to do is repost what you said. Why would I twist your words? Here is a cut and paste of your comments LGW.

LoveGodsWord said: said:

There is no truth in your statement brother. You are confused. As already shown in the within scripture, chapter context and the HEBREW words meanings SABBATH is a NOUN and the SABBATH REST is the VERB of what it means to KEEPING or to KEEP SABBATH. In response all I am hearing from you is your words over God's WORD. I guess you have no scriptures to share for your belief which is correct because the posts above show your in error and God's WORD disagrees with you. Only God's WORD is true brother and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. JESUS says those who follow the teachings and traditions of men are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.
Who is twisting your words LGW? You're losing a ton of respect because of your deception.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Not at all friend. It was you who stated that God did not keep his own Sabbath. What was said to you was that there was NO Sabbths before GENESIS 2:1-3. The SEVENTH DAY of the CREATION week is the ORIGIN of when God's SABBATH was created. Yout confused.
Repost what I said.

Is not your claim that because you did not come out of Egypt you do not have to keep the Sabbath? So do you believe we are to keep the Sabbath according to God's 4th Commandment?
Repost my claims..... I don't see you as honorable as I thought you were. You have not respectfully addressed my responses to you. So why should I answer your questions?

Yep so these scriptures only support what I have shared with you.

Indeed. God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. According to God's WORD, ALL those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD *PHILIPPIANS 2:13. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

What is your point and what is your argument is not that we do not need to keep God's 4th commandment Sabbath?

Please prove your claims if you cannot then your only arguing with God's WORD. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *ROMANS 3:4. JESUS says those who knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

This was what you were quoting from... please show how anything in this post is twisting basic truths. If you cannot your claims are false ones and your bearing false witness.

Hope this helps.
I cant bring myself to read these comments.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
All you have to do is repost what you said. Why would I twist your words? Here is a cut and paste of your comments LGW.
Who is twisting your words LGW? You're losing a ton of respect because of your deception.
You are confused. How does this statement below support anything you are claiming?

I have already stated that RESTING on the SABBATH is the verb to KEEPING or to KEEP the SABBATH in other posts. This is what is meant in the post you have provided here.

Might do a recap in the next post as it seems you are confused in what I am posting..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
All you have to do is repost what you said. Repost my claims..... I don't see you as honorable as I thought you were. You have not respectfully addressed my responses to you. So why should I answer your questions?

This is what you have been claiming to date brother. Posted only in love and as a help to you and this discussion.

False claim # 1
Cribstyl posted:The fact that Gen 2 translated as "rest" and not "Sabbath" is a fact you want to change. That's not going to happen on my watch. So your statement below, that God rest is the Seventh day Sabbath is false and nowhere in scripture or Strongs definition.

Here you are claiming that God's REST is not the SABBATH. The SABBATH here being a noun and REST being a verb has no relevance to God's DEFINITION of what that SABBATH is. In GENESIS 2:1-3; EXODUS 20:11 it says GOD RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY and then in EXODUS 20:10 God's WORD defines the SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK as God's SABBATH. RESTING which is the verb and what it means to KEEP the SABBATH which according to God's WORD is the SEVENTH DAY of the week *EXODUS 20:11. GOD'S REST is the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH because God RESTED on the SEVENTH DAY whick God's WORD defines as the SABBATH. God's REST is defining what to means to KEEP SABBATH (RESTED 7673. שָׁבַת shâbath). Your claims were shown to be false claims.

False claim # 2
Cribstyl posted: False..... "Rested" is a verb with no time noted in it's usage and "Sabbath" is a noun that literally means 24hrs of rest. (that why it's written "...rest(7673) of the Holy Sabbath(7676)
h7676 Sabbath

This claim was shown to be a false claim in the scriptures posted in post # 126. In this post you were shown through God's WORD in GENESIS 2:1-3 the HEBREW Word God RESTED (verb) is what it means to KEEP the SABBATH (noun). God BLESSED and made the SEVENTH DAY of the week a HOLY DAY which is "TIME NOTED" to the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week.

False claim # 3
Cribstyl posted: by removing the () colon around Sabbath, you've shamelessly changed the definition from "keep" (in relationship to Sabbath) to "keep Sabbath".

This was responded to in post # 128 and post # 134. Now please tell me how I have changed the definition to "KEEP SABBATH" by removing the colons from sabbath ()? I asked you to look at where the commas are in the definition they have KEEP and SABBATH together because KEEP is in reference to SABBATH which is also CONTEXT of GENESIS 2:1-3. As shown ealier your claims are once again false. The HEBREW word for REST used in GENESIS 2:1-3 is in reference and CONTEXT to the HEBREW WORD definition to KEEP (VERB) the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH (NOUN). The brackets around SABBATH in the HEBREW word definitions are what is being kept = RESTING ON THE SEVENTH DAY IS KEEPING or what it means to KEEP SABBATH (VERB). This is a part of the HEBREW Word definitions, which is also scripture CONTEXT of GENESIS 2:1-3. Look at where the commas are in the definition they have KEEP and SABBATH together because REST AND KEEP is in reference to the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH (SABBATH IS DEFINED AS THE SEVENTH DAY - EXODUS 20:10) which is also CONTEXT of GENESIS 2:1-3. Sorry brother your claims are false ones as the definition is the same as intended in the STRONG'S which is REST (VERB) is what it means to KEEP SABBATH. The HEBREW word REST (VERB) שָׁבַת shâbath, 7673 is the root word for SABBATH (NOUN; what is being rested) שַׁבָּת shabbâth 7676.

False claim # 4
Cribstyl posted:First of all LGW. What I am saying is exactly what is written in Gen 2:1-3. It says; God rested on the seventh day. Your argument is God rested on the Sabbath day. You have no proof that God rested for 24hrs. Gen 2:1-3 say that God rested from all His work. Sabbath is resting for 24hrs.

Your argument here contradicts your claims in the False claim # 2 section above (check it out). This was responded to in post # 131 and post # 133 where you were shown that in GENESIS 2:1-3; EXODUS 20:11 it says GOD RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY and then in EXODUS 20:10 God's WORD defines the SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK as God's SABBATH with GENESIS 1:5 defining the day. Now God's WORD says that GOD rested the SEVENTH DAY. Your claim is that God did not rest the SEVENTH DAY. God's WORD once again shows your claims to be false claims.

False claim # 5 Cribstyl said: Exo 20:11 - For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. (The first of 3 reasons "WHY" to keep the Sabbath does take us back to what God did at creation. (Gen 2:1-3) ....made heavens and earth in 6 days and RESTED on the Seventh day. (Does not say that God took a Sabbath.)) [/QUOTE]

Your claim here is that I was saying that EXODUS 20:11 and GENESIS 2:1-3 says God took a Sabbath. I never said these scriptures directly say God took a Sabbath. What was being shared with you was that on the SEVENTH DAY of the CREATION week God RESTED and BLESSED and made a HOLY DAY which is the ORIGIN of the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH. This is stated in EXODUS 20:10 that you left you of your post of EXODUS 20:11 which is in reference to GENESIS 2:1-3 which defines what is God's SABBATH. EXODUS 20:10, 10, BUT THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD. Once again your claim is simply a false one

False claim # 6
Cribstyl said: Your argument is the word 'rest' always relates to Sabbath. You're so false about this. You've went as far as toedited the Strong's dictionary to suit your argument. (Shameful)

This was responded to in post # 139 points back where I challenged you to show where I have ever posted that everytime the word REST is used it is relating to God's Sabbath. The post went on to show that it is the CONTEXT of the scriptures that determine word meanings not the word definitions which may have more then one meaning and application depending on the context that it is used in. Your post and claims were shown to be false and something that I have never said. The shameful accusation in your post only pointing back to your post.

We could keep going but I do not think there is much point. We can discuss the scriptures but I doubt you have come for a friendly discussion as you seem to be full of false claims and accusations.

Only posted in love and as a help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Repost my claims..... I don't see you as honorable as I thought you were.
This was your response to my earlier post to you which was
LoveGodsWord said: Is not your claim that because you did not come out of Egypt you do not have to keep the Sabbath? So do you believe we are to keep the Sabbath according to God's 4th Commandment?
I wrote this question to you above earlier as you claimed in an earlier post when I posted that you are trying to claim that we do not have to keep God's Sabbath accoring to God's 4th Commandment...
Cribstyl said: Repost me saying anything about not keeping the Sabbath? The idea of these dialogs, is for you to repost whatever I say is false, and to show me what God's word really teach.
My post to you was a question for clarification not a statement. So what is it? Are you claiming we no longer need to keep God's 4th commandment or not?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Let's ask some serious questions in relation to the OP here (scripture please)...

Where in all the bible does is say...

3. The Sabbath (seventh day) was ever changed from the seventh to the first day of the week?
9. That affirms that any of the apostles ever kept the first day as the Sabbath?
10. From any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath of God?
14. Where the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath?
17. That says that the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?
18. That says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week?
19. That says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath?
20. That calls the seventh day the “Jewish Sabbath” or one text that calls Sunday the “Christian Sabbath”?
21. Telling man to keep the first day of the week holy or to worship or rest on the first day of the week?
23. Showing any of the apostles keeping the first day of the week as the Sabbath?
24. Authorizing someone to set aside the fourth Commandment and observe any other day of the week?
25. Where any apostle taught us to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath?
27. Where Sunday is now appointed to be kept as the New Testament Sabbath or holy day

If there is no scirpture who are we following; God or man? (Please see MATTHEW 15:2-9)

May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's one thing to believe that God rested on the seventh day of creation.
It's another thing to believe that God took a Sabbath.
Sabbath is a noun that means a day of rest.
It should be your burden to prove that God worked and rested weekly.
Commenting that Ex20 say that the 7th day is the Sabbath does not mean the 7th day of creation was a Sabbath. Ex20 reiterates that God rested on the Seventh day.
No resting with Adam or Sabbath institution noted.
You don't have to respond with pages of unrelated commentary as your custom. (I wont read it)

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Commenting that Ex20 say that the 7th day is the Sabbath does not mean the 7th day of creation was a Sabbath. Ex20 reiterates that God rested on the Seventh day.
You don't have to respond with pages of unrelated commentary as your custom. (I wont read it)

Actually this was already done some time ago in another thread somewhere. Happy to repost the scriptures here if your interested.

THE SABBATH IN CREATION.

GENESIS 2:1-3 [1], THIS THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH WERE FINISHED, AND ALL THE HOST OF THEM. [2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made.

NOTE: CREATION was finished in six days *GENESIS 1:1-31; GENESIS 2:1-2 at this time (7th Day) God RESTED *GENESIS 2:2. God then set apart the "SEVENTH DAY" from the other days of the week and "BLESSED" the "SEVENTH DAY" and made the "SEVENTH DAY" a "HOLY DAY" of "REST" as God RESTED from all the work that he had made on the "SEVENTH DAY" of creation.

QUESTION: WHERE IS THE SABBATH IN GENESIS 2:1-3 IN CREATION?

ANSWER: In "RESTING"! The Hebrew word for "RESTING; RESTED or REST"(God's REST; *GENESIS 2:2-3) is the Hebrew word and verb for "OBSERVE OR KEEPING THE SABBATH" (שָׁבַת shâbath). It is how the Sabbath (noun) is kept

RESTED 7673. שָׁבַת shâbath, shaw-bath´; a prim. root; to repose, i.e. desist from exertion; used in many impl. relations (caus., fig. or spec.):—(cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep or observe the sabbath, suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.

The HEBREW word for REST; RESTED (שָׁבַת shâbath) is the verb of doing or keeping the SABBATH (שַׁבָּת shabbâth) noun. שָׁבַת shâbath (H7673) is the root word and verb of the noun form of the Hebrew word H7676; שׁבּת; shabbâth which means intermission, that is, (specifically) the Sabbath: - (+ every) sabbath.

There was no H7676; שׁבּת; shabbâth before the first sabbath rest was created so the Hebrew Word H7676; שׁבּת; shabbâth cannot be used in GENESIS 2:1-3 as there was no noun for something that was not previously created.

So GENESIS 2:1-3 shows us the "ORIGIN" of Gods' "SEVENTH DAY SABBATH" in creation. It was the result of God's "FINISHED WORK" of creation where God "RESTED" from all His Works, "BLESSED" and set apart the "SEVENTH DAY" as a "HOLY DAY" OF "REST" *GENESIS 2:1-3 for "ALL MANKIND" as shown by JESUS in...

MARK 2:27 [27], And he said to them, THE SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN and not man for the Sabbath.

The Greek word used here for MAN is G444 ἄνθρωπος; anthrōpos From G435 and ὤψ ōps (the countenance ; from G3700); manfaced, that is, a human being: - certain, man.

Now all the above proves that God's SABBATH has it's origin in the "SEVENTH DAY" of the creation week where GOD "RESTED" (God's REST) kept the "SEVENTH DAY" and "SET IT APART" from all the other days of the week and "BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY" as a "HOLY DAY OF REST FOR ALL MANKIND *GENESIS 2:1-3; MARK 2:27.

Let's prove this once and for all so there is no doubt (but we can still go further as we will see). We have looked at the Hebrew Word for Sabbath which is the verb for "KEEPING SABBATH or SABABTH OBSERVANCE by "RESTING", let's look now at God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandments and the Hebrew Word used here for the noun of what is being kept by "RESTING" H7676; שׁבּת; shabbâth. God's 4th commandment point back to creation with "REMEMBER" and the reason for remembering.

Let's have a look and see if this claim from the scriptures is true?

EXODUS 20:8-11 [8], REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY, TO KEEP IT HOLY [Made Holy at creation GENESIS 2:3]. [9], Six days shall you labor, and do all your work: [10], But THE SEVENTH DAY [ Genesis 2:1-3] IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD : in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates: [WHY?] [11], FOR IN SIX DAYS THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM IS, AND RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY; WHEREFORE THE LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY. [Refering to GENESIS 2:1-3]

NOTE: The SABBATH in creation being part of a "FINISHED" work of God's creation we are to look back. God says "REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY TO KEEP IT HOLY" *EXODUS 20:8. What is the day that God made a HOLY DAY in GENESIS 2:1-3? It was the "SEVENTH DAY"! GENESIS 2:3 [3], And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY: because that in it he had RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] from all his work which God created and made. Now notice in EXODUS 20:10 which day is the SABBATH DAY? [10] But THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD. This is the day that God "BLESSED and set apart and made as a "HOLY DAY OF REST" in GENESIS 2:2-3. This is the day that God "RESTED" and "KEPT THE SABBATH (verb שָׁבַת shâbath H7673 to KEEP SABBATH).

Now the drum roll please....

Why are we to keep God's 4th commandment "SEVENTH DAY SABBATH"? The answer is clearly given in EXODUS 20:11 which points back to GENESIS 2:1-3 on the "SEVENTH DAY OF CREATION" [11], FOR IN SIX DAYS THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM IS, AND RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY; WHEREFORE THE LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY. This is refering to GENESIS 2:1-3 nearly word for word.

BOOM! Did you catch that? God's Word says in the 4th Commandment of God's 10 Commandment, that the first SABBATH has its ORIGIN from the "SEVENTH DAY" of creation quoting GENESIS 2:1-3!

As shown above the scriptures alone clearly teach that God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH from God's 4th commandment has its origin in GENESIS 2:1-3 on the "SEVENTH DAY" of the creation week where God "BLESSED" and made the "SEVENTH DAY" a "HOLY DAY" of "REST" (verb שָׁבַת shâbath H7673 to KEEP SABBATH).

Want more? Let's link all this into the new...

This links directly into the new testament scriptures of believing the gospel of our Lord JESUS Christ here...

HEBREWS 4:1-11
[1], Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into HIS REST, any of you should seem to come short of it.
[2], For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
[3], For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into MY REST: ALTHOUGH THE WORKS WERE FINISHED FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.
[4], FOR HE SPOKE IN A CERTAIN PLACE (GENSIS 2:1-3) OF THE SEVENTH DAY ON THIS WISE, AND GOD DID REST THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS.
[5], And in this place again, If they shall enter into MY REST.

NOTE
: CONTEXT is God's REST from the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST OF CREATION (v4-5) and those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD's WORD enter into God's SABBATH REST as GOD did on the SEVENTH DAY of the week. CONTEXT is GOD's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST and those who BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD enter into that rest which God's WORD defines as the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH which is GOD'S REST!

HEBREWS 4:9 SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No, I'm not interested. I need a direct response to my post before I consider addressing your pile of misinformation.

Hello dear friend. You were given a direct response through the scriptures shared with you. You cannot get more direct then that. What is it thay your having difficulty with? As posted in the scriptures you are quoting from JESUS says...

MARK 2:27 [27], And he said to them, THE SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN and not man for the Sabbath.

Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries w/TVM, Strong - G444
The Greek word used here for MAN is G444 ἄνθρωπος; anthrōpos From G435 and ὤψ ōps (the countenance ; from G3700); manfaced, that is, a human being: - certain, man.

Adam and Eve (MAN) who God created the Sabbath for were made on the Sixth day of Creation *GENESIS 1:26-31.

Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries w/TVM, Strong - H120
אדם; 'âdâm; aw-dawm'From H119; ruddy, that is, a human being an individual or the species, mankind, etc.: - X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

Webster's Unabridged Dictionary, 1828 - Man

MAN, n. plu. men. [Heb.species, kind, image, similitude.]
Mankind; the human race; the whole species of human beings; beings distinguished from all other animals by the powers of reason and speech, as well as by their shape and dignified aspect. ""Os homini sublime dedit."
And God said, Let us make man in our image, , after our likeness, and let them have dominion--Gen 1.
Man that is born of a woman, is of few days and full of trouble. Job 14.
My spirit shall not always strive with man. Gen 6.
I will destroy man whom I have created. Gen 6.
There hath no temptation taken you, but such as is common to man. 1 Cor 10.
It is written,man shall not live by bread alone. Mat 4.
There must be somewhere such a rank as man.
Respecting man, whatever wrong we call--
But vindicate the ways of God to man.
The proper study of mankind is man.
In the System of Nature, man is ranked as a distinct genus.
When opposed to woman, man sometimes denotes the male sex in general.
Woman has, in general, much stronger propensity than man to the discharge of parental duties.

The verb and the root word of Sabbath is REST which means to KEEP SABBATH.

QUESTION: WHERE IS THE SABBATH IN GENESIS 2:1-3 IN CREATION?

ANSWER: In "RESTING"! The Hebrew word for "RESTING; RESTED or REST"(God's REST; *GENESIS 2:2-3) is the Hebrew word and verb for "OBSERVE OR KEEP SABBATH" (שָׁבַת shâbath). It is how the Sabbath is kept

RESTED 7673. שָׁבַת shâbath, shaw-bath´; a prim. root; to repose, i.e. desist from exertion; used in many impl. relations (caus., fig. or spec.):—(cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep or observe the sabbath, suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.

The HEBREW word for REST; RESTED (שָׁבַת shâbath) is the verb of doing or keeping the SABBATH (שַׁבָּת shabbâth) noun. שָׁבַת shâbath (H7673) is the root word and verb of the noun form of the Hebrew word H7676; שׁבּת; shabbâth which means intermission, that is, (specifically) the Sabbath: - (+ every) sabbath.

There was no H7676; שׁבּת; shabbâth before the first sabbath rest was created. "blessed and made holy for all mankind". So the Hebrew Word H7676; שׁבּת; shabbâth cannot be used in GENESIS 2:1-3 as there was no noun for something that was not previously created.

So GENESIS 2:1-3 shows us the "ORIGIN" of Gods' "SEVENTH DAY SABBATH" in creation. It was the result of God's "FINISHED WORK" of creation where God "RESTED" from all His Works, "BLESSED" and set apart the "SEVENTH DAY" as a "HOLY DAY" OF "REST" *GENESIS 2:1-3 for "ALL MANKIND" as shown by JESUS in...

Hope this is helpful

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The fact that the Sabbath is resting mean that rest is relative to Sabbath
Commenting that Ex20 says that the 7th day is the Sabbath is true, but it does not mean the 7th day of creation was a Sabbath.
Ex20 reiterates that God rested on the Seventh day not the Sabbath day.
The story of creation ends with God resting on the 7th day. If the word Sabbath was used in Gen 2:1-3 it would imply that God's work was not finishes or ended according to the texts. Why? Sabbath is for resting for 24hrs then back to work for 6 days.
Bible Search and Study Tools - Blue Letter Bible has tools that can show you that
The KJV translates Strong's H7673 in the following manner: cease (47x), rest (11x), away (3x), fail (2x), celebrate (1x), miscellaneous (7x).
Of the 11X (times) that H7673 is translated to the verb 'REST'. Gen 2:2 and 3 are 2 of 11.
Click on 'rest' above in blue and see the 11 verses.
-----------------------------------------------
It seems reasonable not to complicate responses by keeping it short.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The story of creation ends with God resting on the 7th day. If the word Sabbath was used in Gen 2:1-3 it would imply that God's work was not finishes or ended according to the texts. Why? Sabbath is for resting for 24hrs then back to work for 6 days.
Bible Search and Study Tools - Blue Letter Bible has tools that can show you that
The KJV translates Strong's H7673 in the following manner: cease (47x), rest (11x), away (3x), fail (2x), celebrate (1x), miscellaneous (7x).
Of the 11X (times) that H7673 is translated to the verb 'REST'. Gen 2:2 and 3 are 2 of 11.
Click on 'rest' above in blue and see the 11 verses.
-----------------------------------------------
It seems reasonable not to complicate responses by keeping it short.

Not really dear friend. The very scriptures we are discussing say...

GENESIS 2:1-3 [1], THUS THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH WERE FINISHED, AND ALL THE HOST OF THEM. [2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made.

They HEBREW as well as GREEK word definitions are useless unless they are applied to context and subject matter as many words within these languages have multiple word meanings. So it is the scripture and chapter context in these languages that determine word definitions (please go google it if you do not believe me) not the word definitions in isolation to the rest of the words used within the scripture and chapter contexts.

As posted earlier...

WHERE IS THE SABBATH IN GENESIS 2:1-3 IN CREATION?

ANSWER: In "RESTING"! The Hebrew word for "RESTING; RESTED or REST"(God's REST; *GENESIS 2:2-3) is the Hebrew word and verb for "OBSERVE OR KEEPING THE SABBATH" (שָׁבַת shâbath). It is how the Sabbath (noun) is kept

Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries w/TVM, Strong - H7673
RESTED
. שָׁבַת shâbath, shaw-bath´; a prim. root; to repose, i.e. desist from exertion; used in many impl. relations (caus., fig. or spec.):—(cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, KEEP OR OBSERVE THE SABBATH, suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.

The HEBREW word for REST; RESTED (שָׁבַת shâbath) is the verb of doing or keeping the SABBATH (שַׁבָּת shabbâth) which is the noun or discription of what is being kept. שָׁבַתREST shâbath (H7673) is the root word and verb of the noun form of the Hebrew word H7676; שׁבּת; shabbâth which means intermission, that is, (specifically) the Sabbath: - (+ every) sabbath.

Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries w/TVM, Strong - H7676
SABBATH.
שׁבּת; shabbâth which means intermission, that is, (specifically) the Sabbath: - (+ every) sabbath.

This is the main point here dear friend...

There was no H7676; שׁבּת; shabbâth before the first sabbath rest was created so the Hebrew Word H7676; שׁבּת; shabbâth cannot be used in GENESIS 2:1-3 as there was no noun for something that was not previously created by doing the Sabbath (RESTING). There was no Sabbath until God "BLESSED" and made "HOLY" the "SEVENTH DAY" of the week in GENESIS 2:1-3.

Before there could be the word SABBATH (noun) God needed to set apart and "BLESS" and make "HOLY" the "SEVENTH DAY" of creation *GENESIS 2:1-3 to which we are commanded in God's 4th commandment to "REST (no work)" look back to "REMEMBER" the "SEVENTH DAY" as a memorial and celebration of creation and rest with God whos is the creator of heaven and earth *EXODUS 20:8-11. This is God's invitation of love to be with His people. The "SEVENTH DAY" is a "HOLY DAY" because the presence of God is in the day he made Holy for His people who enter into it.

HEBREWS 4:9 THEREFORE IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH

Hope this is helpful

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Back to the OP...

Maybe you can show where in all the bible does is say (SOLA SCRIPTURA; Scripture only please)...

27. Where Sunday is now appointed to be kept as the New Testament Sabbath or holy day?

These are good questions.

Upvote 0