0.5% of Syrian Refugees (to America) are Christian, but 10% of Syria is Christian.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
56 out of a million and a half refugees who have fled.

Nothing to see here folks.

It is just Christians, and brown ones to boot.
Yeah, why should anyone care....there is more of them where they came from.....

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,954.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
A number of reasons. Many do not feel safe there. However in addition while a minority in Syria, before the current chaos many of the Christians were actually in positions of power and as such had resources that not all have. But regardless of the reason for why, the simple fact is that they are not among those seeking asylum in the US, so teh suggestion that President Obama is showing preference to Muslims is unfounded.

Right. Imagine your Muslim neighbors fleeing around you and going to Asylum centers.

Now, there's less Muslims around you so why would you go to a crowded asylum center where there would be a lot of Muslims?

The best thing we can do is to encourage Christians to seek Asylum for example, allowing them to integrate quicker instead of letting them stay in refugee camps.

Reason: Christian refugees are a lot less likely to have issues integrating with the Western Culture. Not only that will strongly encourage Christian refugees but may also encourage Muslim refugess to convert to Christianity. Note: Muslims won't even try to pretend to be Christians just to get out of the refugee center (they take these things very seriously - to death)

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
What hasn't been explained is what President Obama is supposed to do about it.
Putin gained a lot of support in Christian circles by people who have often been portrayed as "Red Dawn" types merely by acknowledging that Christians in the Middle East exist, and are being persecuted.

And Putin, by all accounts, is a brutal oligarchic thug.

We we might want from Obama, and other leaders of the free world, is first and foremost and acknowledgement of the existence of the Christians in the region, and the genocidal conditions that they face. What we might want from Obama, is to at least be as good on the issue as the thug Putin has been.

Without that kind of acknowledgement first and foremost, nothing else follows.

Nothing that is, except for the final genocidal blows being dealt against any and all ancient Christian communities in Syria, Iraq, and the House of Islam in general.

Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟436,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't see a problem with accepting some Muslims (just not the extremists). But I do see a problem with not accepting more Christians. It doesn't make much sense at all. Maybe they think the Christians are lying they are Christian and they fear they are really terrorists in disguise? I don't believe that, I just wonder if the government does.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I don't see a problem with accepting some Muslims (just not the extremists). But I do see a problem with not accepting more Christians. It doesn't make much sense at all. Maybe they think the Christians are lying they are Christian and they fear they are really terrorists in disguise? I don't believe that, I just wonder if the government does.
Or maybe more Christians aren't applying. You can't accept somebody for resettlement that isn't applying for resettlement.

Reactions: gerbilwoman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Or maybe more Christians aren't applying. You can't accept somebody for resettlement that isn't applying for resettlement.
Since they are afraid to be in the camps because they are Christian and that is where applications are made it would be hard to apply for resettlement.....guess there is no outreach if you are Christian.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I think that a person's religion is not relevant as to whether or not we help them - Christian, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist or even Satanist. If someone needs help we should give it to them. IMHO

Help, yes. Bringing the adder into our lap? Not a chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0