0.5% of Syrian Refugees (to America) are Christian, but 10% of Syria is Christian.

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Just like Stalin, I guess.
Difficult to say when the transition of legitimacy transferred from the Tsar to the Bolsheviks, but by the time Stalin was in power, they were the undisputed authority and would have to be obeyed, except unto sin.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm aware of the relevant passage. I think your idea that "the legitimate government is God ordained" in all cases is problematic. Especially for an American.
I'm not sure why it would be problematic. It doesn't mean the government is righteous. St. Paul wrote that in reference to the pagan Romans who invaded and oppressed Israel and would go on to persecute Christians for three centuries. But as long as they aren't ordering you to sin (such as when they ordered the Christians to worship the emperor) then they are to be obeyed as the lawful authority.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure why it would be problematic. It doesn't mean the government is righteous. St. Paul wrote that in reference to the pagan Romans who invaded and oppressed Israel and would go on to persecute Christians for three centuries. But as long as they aren't ordering you to sin (such as when they ordered the Christians to worship the emperor) then they are to be obeyed as the lawful authority.
Indeed. So, you'll be wanting back in the British Empire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Oh, cool, we're playing that game.
You could just say what you meant and I would have agreed. But you didn't, so neither did I.

It was a sin for the Patriots to rebel against the King. No argument from me.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You could just say what you meant and I would have agreed. But you didn't, so neither did I.

It was a sin for the Patriots to rebel against the King. No argument from me.
I felt my meaning was clear. As it apparently was, as you obviously understood it.
It was a sin for the Patriots to rebel against the King.
Without getting into a whole big thing about whether or not "Patriot" is an appropriate term, that sentiment is refreshingly straightforward.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I felt my meaning was clear. As it apparently was, as you obviously understood it.
Without getting into a whole big thing about whether or not "Patriot" is an appropriate term, that sentiment is refreshingly straightforward.
Doesn't mean I don't sympathize with them or celebrate ID. But I do recognize that they lacked proper authority to do what they did. I certainly hold no ill regard for Loyalists, except ones who just jumped ship for personal gain like Benedict Arnold.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't mean I don't sympathize with them or celebrate ID. But I do recognize that they lacked proper authority to do what they did. I certainly hold no ill regard for Loyalists, except ones who just jumped ship for personal gain like Benedict Arnold.
He gets unfairly bad press. You wouldn't have a country without him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
He gets unfairly bad press. You wouldn't have a country without him.
He did good, but got jealous that Washington was getting all the glory. So he swapped sides.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It is better that they stay there.
If it were safe for them, then I agree. When Evan the Obama Administration says they are suffering genocide, then you know it's bad and something needs done. Short of putting boots on the ground to fix the country (which would probably make it worse in the long run), relocating the victims is the next best thing.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
If it were safe for them, then I agree. When Evan the Obama Administration says they are suffering genocide, then you know it's bad and something needs done. Short of putting boots on the ground to fix the country (which would probably make it worse in the long run), relocating the victims is the next best thing.
If you pulled all the Christians out of all of the darkest places in the world, how wil the light of Christ ever reach these dark places? They must be there for the sake of the Gospel. God has preserved them this long, and He will continue to do so.

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Source:

http://www.newsweek.com/us-bars-christian-not-muslim-refugees-syria-497494

"The United States has accepted 10,801 Syrian refugees, of whom 56 are Christian. Not 56 percent; 56 total, out of 10,801. That is to say, one-half of 1 percent.

The BBC says that 10 percent of all Syrians are Christian, which would mean 2.2 million Christians. It is quite obvious, and President Barack Obama and Secretary John Kerry have acknowledged it, that Middle Eastern Christians are an especially persecuted group."

It's interesting that Syrian Christians are more likely to be killed, and less likely to be terrorists, yet are heavily discriminated against in terms of refugee intake. Here in Canada, we have the same problem.

Why is the US not taking Syrian Christians? Why are they favouring Muslims?

Could it be because the president of the US is a Muslim? I don't know anything about Canada but if your leader is a liberal I'm guessing it's because liberals hate Christians.

Upvote 0