❓Do you think prayers should be put back in our schools?

Mirama Mete

Oct 7, 2023
Christchurch
✟1,058.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is sad that more and more schools are no longer teaching our children to pray and worship God, and recently a book which is not suitable for children also public in big w in oz, hope we can pray for our kids.

I just want to see how many Australians and New Zealanders think that prayer should be put back in our schools...If you are one of the few✍️yes

• Agree
Reactions: saved24

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And who would be teaching the kids?

Would all teachers be Christians?

And is prayer only what we say?

What about Hanna? The priest thought she was drunk! So, the priest certainly didn't teach her how to pray, I would think. But he had authority, but how would you like him to teach your kids?

Upvote 0

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟40,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Not in our public schools.

We have freedom of religion, in America. If Christians demand that (Christian) prayers is introduced
back into public schools, then you must allow all sorts of other religious groups to lead prayers
in public schools.

This is a bad idea.

Upvote 0

Riot42

Sep 20, 2023
Flower Mound
✟28,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, prayer in school is unscriptural, Jesus taught against such practice. Its all well and good to pray privately at your desk by yourself but to force prayer in public places where those that do not believe share space with you is to be like the pharasees. If Jesus taught against prayer in the public forum of a synagog why would we force prayer in the school?

Jesus taught, “When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men … but when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your father who is unseen.” Matthew 6:5-8

Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟963,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It seems all well and good when it is your faith's prayers that are made a part of your child's school day. Not so much when it's another faith's prayers made a part of your child's school day. I don't care to live in a theocracy, mine or the other fellow's. I like to live in a plural society where all can practice their faith as they see fit.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If the student will go to the school belonging to their church, then yes. Otherwise, no. Not all forms of Christianity are the same or equally compatible, so any attempt at something generic enough that everyone can pray it will either be so bland as to not really teach anything about God, or you'll run into immediate problems the second you get a Catholic family in your Protestant-run school, or vice-versa. Schools are not meant to further bickering that already happens through other channels...you save that stuff for when your school's sports team plays the team of your rival school!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
At this point I believe it would be better to keep prayer out of schools.
And our children out of schools.

Get 10 families together and each one gives a tithe to a teacher and have home school.
Back to the one room schoolhouse... in a house... with parental supervision.

Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If a child hasn't prayed before leaving their house, forcing them to pray in public school is moot.
I didn't know we were forcing them to pray? They could always have a prayer room

Upvote 0