loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
‘I Alone Can Fix It’ Becomes ‘It’s Not My Fault’
Trump is encountering the classic populist dilemma. Populists define political problems as very simple, denying the existence of complex tradeoffs. They envision the political system as pitting a unified people (or, in certain herrenvolk varieties of populism, as a unified racial subset of the people) against a nefarious elite. The dilemma is that the promise of easy solutions can help win an election, but it does not translate into governing. Populists generally either radically depart from their platform, resort to authoritarianism to consolidate their power, or fail. Trump is heading for door no. 3.
tulc(MAGA by blaming everyone else?) :scratch:

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Good article. But his many of his supporters won't ever admit they were wrong,

And why should his supporters say they were wrong? They don't believe it, others do.

If your own kid was chosen for a basketball team and sat on the bench the entire season,
would you tell him he was wrong?

Why? Whose Authority was he subject to? His or the Coach? And WHO prevented him from playing in the game? Him or the Coach? And who would you blame him or the Coach?

so they will also blame others for his failures and reelect him.

Actually who they blame is those with Authority, which IS the Congress, not Trump.

Trump has great ideas, which focuses on putting America and Americans FIRST, before other countries before foreigners. Very ODD how that is fought tooth and nail by Americans.

That would be just as ODD if you were supporting every basketball player who participates in every game, while your kid warms the bench as a supporter, rather than a participant.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And why should his supporters say they were wrong? They don't believe it, others do.
Actually who they blame is those with Authority, which IS the Congress, not Trump.
Trump has great ideas, which focuses on putting America and Americans FIRST, before other countries before foreigners. Very ODD how that is fought tooth and nail by Americans. SBC

I don't think Trump has great ideas, he has "great" rhetoric that "tickles the ears". He promised “You will end up with great health care for a fraction of the price and that will take place immediately after we go in. Immediately! Fast! Quick!”. He embraced the disastrous house healthcare bill...then called it "mean". His promises are not based on his vision or ideas but rather on his sole reliance on the republican controlled congress to come up with the details...he offers no specificity or direction.

The responsibility for his chaotic first 7 months and the agenda inaction centers on his own incompetent understanding of myriad things. His tweets, lies, fabrications, and narcissistic tendencies have blunted anything that might have been considered a worthwhile endeavor.

"Draining the swamp" and challenging a complacent and impotent congress would have been admirable, sadly it appears that he is more of a swamp builder than a swamp drainer.

It is not as if some of his rhetoric on various issues weren't without merit but at this point he is proving himself incapable due mostly to extraordinary character flaws.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course. Alone with decision making Trump has great ideas.
Well his string of bankruptcies and failed marriages would seem to argue against that...

But he is not alone - there are others who stop his ideas.
Which would be because we live in Representative democracy and aren't actually part of the Trump organization, (as much as President Trump seems to be under the delusion that we are)

Trump doesn't stop his ideas. Others do, so ya, the "others" get the "blame".
uhmmm...in most of those cases where his ideas get "stopped"? They aren't so much "stopped" as "shown to be bad ideas" or "unconstitutional" or both. :wave:

Simple conclusion.
True, it is indeed simple, it's also wrong, but what it lacks in being right? it more then makes up for by being simple. :sorry:

God Bless,
SBC
God bless you also SBC! I hope your day is well and truly blessed today! :clap:
tulc(getting ready to go to church!) :oldthumbsup:

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't think Trump has great ideas, he has "great" rhetoric that "tickles the ears".

He promised “You will end up with great health care for a fraction of the price and that will take place immediately after we go in. Immediately! Fast! Quick!”. He embraced the disastrous house healthcare bill...then called it "mean". His promises are not based on his vision or ideas but rather on his sole reliance on the republican controlled congress to come up with the details...he offers no specificity.

Any prudent person SHOULD know; a candidate speaks of his desires;
A President is not a Dictator; but is limited by what Congress will agree to.

Any prudent person, who is a FREE person SHOULD know; the care of their own health is their responsibility.

The responsibility for his chaotic first 7 months and the agenda inaction centers on his own incompetent understanding of myriad things. His tweets, lies, fabrications, and narcissistic tendencies have blunted anything that might have been considered a worthwhile endeavor.

He is responsible for what he reveals as his desires;
He is not responsible for what Congress or you reject.

He has every right to have opinions, stand up for what he believes, speak, tweet, just as you or anyone else does.
Does it make you narcissistic, or a liar because people may not agree with you?

"Draining the swamp" and challenging a complacent and impotent congress would have been admirable, sadly it appears that he is more of a swamp builder than a swamp drainer.

Seems when he finds a critter in the Swamp and does something about it ; even that is met with criticism. LOL

It is not as if some of his rhetoric on various issues weren't without merit but at this point he is proving himself incapable due mostly to extraordinary character flaws.

I find it refreshing for a man to speak his own thoughts, instead of speak what he is "supposed" to say to satisfy politicians.

Make America Great Again - great Idea!

Obviously some people are content with American's decline, while others believe all things are possible with God.

God Bless,
SBC

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well his string of bankruptcies and failed marriages would seem to argue against that...

I would rather see and trust a man who efforts have many successes and a few fails, than a lump whose only effort to walk around begging for a handout.

Which would be because we live in Representative democracy and aren't actually part of the Trump organization, (as much as President Trump seems to be under the delusion that we are)

Uh Trump is not delusional; nor is the public at large. He is well aware of those who would rather exert effort to succeed and those who would rather be beggars.

uhmmm...in most of those cases where his ideas get "stopped"? They aren't so much "stopped" as "shown to be bad ideas" or "unconstitutional" or both. :wave:

LOL - take care of your own porch first is a bad idea?
But then if one does not know that means encourage jobs, and not BE the daddy, it would be disappointing for those who want a daddy taking care of them, instead of them earning their own way.

True, it is indeed simple, it's also wrong, but what it lakes in being right? it more then makes up for by being simple. :sorry:

No, not wrong;

2 Thes 3
[10] For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

1 Tim 5
[8] But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

God bless you also SBC! I hope your day is well and truly blessed today! :clap:
tulc(getting ready to go to church!) :oldthumbsup:

Every day is a blessed day the Lord has made. Even this torrential rain spinoff effects of Hurricane Harvey turning our creek into a lake!

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think you may have missed a backstroke "/" on one of your [ quote ]'s in post 7 SBC. If you hit the edit button you might see it. :wave:
tulc(just a thought) :)

Hey - that's my kids job to proof read my posts....LOL
messing with you. Thanks.

God Bless,
SBC

• Friendly
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Any prudent person SHOULD know; a candidate speaks of his desires; A President is not a Dictator; but is limited by what Congress will agree to. Any prudent person, who is a FREE person SHOULD know; the care of their own health is their responsibility.

"Desires" without a substantive plan to enact such desires are simply hollow. A leader not only has a vision but specific plans, input, details, and knowledge of what is involved..."who knew healthcare was so complicated", well most everyone but the President evidently. Is the latter part of your comment a suggestion that we should do away with healthcare? I know people very conscious about their health who've succumbed to cancer for example...

He is responsible for what he reveals as his desires; He is not responsible for what Congress or you reject. He has every right to have opinions, stand up for what he believes, speak, tweet, just as you or anyone else does.

Yes, and as President he has responsibility, as noted above, to work to make those desires a reality. Most people I know with strong beliefs can articulate them, but it seems he is unable to persuade his own party.

No, it makes you an narcissist when you take no responsibility and everything he speaks to centers on how wonderful he thinks of himself. And what makes one a liar is simply the FACT that he is an incessant and pathological liar.

Seems when he finds a critter in the Swamp and does something about it ; even that is met with criticism. LOL

Seems most of the swamp "critters" he's done something about were people he brought into his administration.

I find it refreshing for a man to speak his own thoughts, instead of speak what he is "supposed" to say to satisfy politicians.

I would totally agree if the man demonstrated a modicum of character in speaking his mind. Blaming everyone else, lying and accusing the former president falsely, disregarding civility, threatening, false statements, inept in how the government works, ignorant of history, etc., etc. casts doubts on the credibility of his "own thoughts".

Obviously some people are content with American's decline

There is a considered difference between "content" and reality. The first 7 months have clearly revealed that Trump is not up to the task...perhaps at some point someone may help him overcome his myriad character flaws and something will be accomplished.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why? Whose Authority was he subject to? His or the Coach? And WHO prevented him from playing in the game? Him or the Coach? And who would you blame him or the Coach?
Trump is supposed to be the Coach.
Now the President doesn't have any authority? Tell him that.
He said he would negotiate, have you seen him doing that? Has he come down from his ivory tower to negotiate by at least trying to bring both sides of the isle together? I haven't seen it.
That would be just as ODD if you were supporting every basketball player who participates in every game, while your kid warms the bench as a supporter, rather than a participant.
I have supported the other team members when my kid didn't get to play.
To even compare our country's future to a basketball game is what is ODD. This isn't a contest of strength or wit, this is our children's future, that should be carefully considered by the most capable people that we can elect. Playing partisan games is damaging to all of us.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
Every day is a blessed day the Lord has made. Even this torrential rain spinoff effects of Hurricane Harvey turning our creek into a lake!

God Bless,
SBC
Seriously praying for you bro! :prayer:
tulc(let us know if we can help?) :wave:

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"Desires" without a substantive plan to enact such desires are simply hollow.

A plan is only effective as Congress will support.
You do realize the President is not a Dictator, eh?

A leader not only has a vision but specific plans, input, details, and knowledge of what is involved..."who knew healthcare was so complicated", well most everyone but the President evidently. Is the latter part of your comment a suggestion that we should do away with healthcare? I know people very conscious about their health who've succumbed to cancer for example...

Do away with healthcare? Of course not. Everyone should be responsible for their own healthcare. And if you are talking about INSURANCE - that also should be the individuals choice to pay for the coverage HE can afford to pay for.

Yes, and as President he has responsibility, as noted above, to work to make those desires a reality. Most people I know with strong beliefs can articulate them, but it seems he is unable to persuade his own party.

Of course he works on the agenda he set forth. What do you want, him to storm the Congress and twist arms?

No, it makes you an narcissist

Well, ain't that typical - disagreeing with you triggers name calling - eh, expected!

when you take no responsibility

And you would know that HOW? I've worked since I was 11 yrs old, and everything I have is what I wanted, and I paid for. I have taken not one cent from the government.
So, can you say the same?

and everything he speaks to centers on how wonderful he thinks of himself.

So? Oh right, white people are supposed to be anti-white. LOL

And what makes one a liar is simply the FACT that he is an incessant and pathological liar.

Liars lie and Beggars Beg - Seems everyone can point a finger eh?

Seems most of the swamp "critters" he's done something about were people he brought into his administration.

So? If the shoe doesn't fit, why keep trying to pretend it does?

I would totally agree if the man demonstrated a modicum of character in speaking his mind.

Seems you favor a seasoned politicians who speaks in circles saying nothing. Personally, I am tired of politicians thinking they are ENTITLED to be glued to seats of honor.

Blaming everyone else,

And? Who should he blame when an adversary declares they will do anything they can to stop his agenda?

lying and accusing the former president falsely, disregarding civility, threatening, false statements, inept in how the government works, ignorant of history, etc., etc. casts doubts on the credibility of his "own thoughts".

Sounds similar to anti-republicans.

There is a considered difference between "content" and reality. The first 7 months have clearly revealed that Trump is not up to the task...perhaps at some point someone may help him overcome his myriad character flaws and something will be accomplished.

Why not write your Democrats and tell them to stand down - so Trump can accomplish his own work ?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Trump is supposed to be the Coach.

And? Try being the Coach of an opposing team - think there might be a resistance?

Now the President doesn't have any authority? Tell him that.

No need for me to do that. I know his Constitutional Limits - but then the trend is to ignore the Constitution and do whatever - and no side "R or D" is excluded from such actions. And as long as the people whoop whoop and encourage that, they have no room to complain.

He said he would negotiate, have you seen him doing that? Has he come down from his ivory tower to negotiate by at least trying to bring both sides of the isle together? I haven't seen it.

He can only extend an invitation - however you should well know negotiations are only viable when adversary's get what they want.

I have supported the other team members when my kid didn't get to play.
To even compare our country's future to a basketball game is what is ODD.

It was a simple analogy about half of the country participating and half the country not.

This isn't a contest of strength or wit,

Neither is basketball.

this is our children's future, that should be carefully considered by the most capable people that we can elect. Playing partisan games is damaging to all of us.

News for you. It does not matter which side the Politician is on - it is always them against the People, or stirring strife among the People. And that is the one thing I expressly like about Trump - NOT A POLITICIAN!

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A plan is only effective as Congress will support.
You do realize the President is not a Dictator, eh?

True, maybe he should try offering a plan, detailing his "desires", and using his office to push through his agenda...might help if he could stop tweeting, lying, etc., etc. might concentrate more on the agenda then at "getting back" at critics and/or playing golf. (Forgot he wouldn't have time)

Of course he works on the agenda he set forth. What do you want, him to storm the Congress and twist arms?

No, no he doesn't, he has very little involvement and leaves it up to congress, as with healthcare. Then he is able to take no responsibility yet can criticize everyone involved.

Well, ain't that typical - disagreeing with you triggers name calling - eh, expected!

I don't believe any reasoned person would deny the blatant narcissism. Your statement would be valid to claim ad hominem but can you show me where I directed "name calling" at you? That Trump lies, exaggerates, fabricates, distorts the truth, is vindictive against critics, constantly promotes himself, and such is a matter of record. If you would prefer how about...he is an ego maniac.

And you would know that HOW? I've worked since I was 11 yrs old, and everything I have is what I wanted, and I paid for. I have taken not one cent from the government. So, can you say the same?

Your beginning to confuse? How do I know...I am capable of reading his statements, watching his continuing campaign speeches and such. It is an indisputable fact that he lies...constantly, and anyone paying tacit attention would have to admit this.

So? Oh right, white people are supposed to be anti-white. LOL

What are you talking/writing about...you either made a post mistake or you are attempting to create some straw man...where di "white people" enter this discussion?

Liars lie and Beggars Beg - Seems everyone can point a finger eh?

I don't need to point a finger the documented facts clearly demonstrate that he is a pathological liar.

So? If the shoe doesn't fit, why keep trying to pretend it does?

Yes, OK not sure what that has to do with anything?

Seems you favor a seasoned politicians who speaks in circles saying nothing. Personally, I am tired of politicians thinking they are ENTITLED to be glued to seats of honor.

I would appreciate it if you would point me to the post where I said that I "favored seasoned politicians" ...I can't seem to find it, another straw man?

And? Who should he blame when an adversary declares they will do anything they can to stop his agenda?

I recall the republicans getting together the night of Obama's inauguration and deciding to obstruct anything and everything. I recall McConnell stating that the republican priority was to "make Obama a one term president". I haven't heard such a general statement other than on specific bills and policies. I also don't recall the republicans who seem to have a difficult time coming to agreement being adversarial?

Sounds similar to anti-republicans.

I was talking about Trump, I don't seem to recall making any statement about all republicans. If I ever do make such a generalization...it will be clear, otherwise you seem intent on building straw men.

Why not write your Democrats and tell them to stand down - so Trump can accomplish his own work

OK, perhaps they'll see this...Democrats Stand Down, Now! Of course as it's a majority vote in congress seems the republicans aren't buying it either...so maybe you are the one who needs to tell republicans to "Stand Down".

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
True, maybe he should try offering a plan, detailing his "desires", and using his office to push through his agenda...might help if he could stop tweeting, lying, etc., etc. might concentrate more on the agenda then at "getting back" at critics and/or playing golf. (Forgot he wouldn't have time)

What is "the agenda"?
How are you determining his concentration on "the agenda"? In hours?
And how much more should he be concentrating on "the agenda"?
And what "plan" exactly do you think a President is supposed to be offering?

No, no he doesn't, he has very little involvement and leaves it up to congress,

What do you think the role of the President is?
What do you think the role of Congress is?

as with healthcare.

Could you cite a Constitutional provision that says the Government is to be a Health Insurance Provider?

Then he is able to take no responsibility yet can criticize everyone involved.

Do you have a daily agenda of what Trump does and are you taking responsibility for criticizing Trump?

I don't believe any reasoned person would deny the blatant narcissism. Your statement would be valid to claim ad hominem but can you show me where I directed "name calling" at you?

Post #11

No, it makes you an narcissist when you take no responsibility

Clearly, I am not agreeing with you.

That Trump lies, exaggerates, fabricates, distorts the truth, is vindictive against critics, constantly promotes himself, and such is a matter of record. If you would prefer how about...he is an ego maniac.

I hardly call Liberal news headlines "a record". Any nitwit can splash a headline..
I would take a remote guess that you have never met Trump, nor he has met you.
I wonder who would win the blue ribbon for the most derogatory name calling against the other.

Your beginning to confuse? How do I know...I am capable of reading his statements, watching his continuing campaign speeches and such. It is an indisputable fact that he lies...constantly, and anyone paying tacit attention would have to admit this.

You should be grateful Trump was elected - just think of him as a go to guy for anger release. ;)

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is "the agenda"?
How are you determining his concentration on "the agenda"? In hours?
And how much more should he be concentrating on "the agenda"?
And what "plan" exactly do you think a President is supposed to be offering?

What do you think the role of the President is?
What do you think the role of Congress is?

Could you cite a Constitutional provision that says the Government is to be a Health Insurance Provider?

Do you have a daily agenda of what Trump does and are you taking responsibility for criticizing Trump?

Post #11

Clearly, I am not agreeing with you.

I hardly call Liberal news headlines "a record". Any nitwit can splash a headline..
I would take a remote guess that you have never met Trump, nor he has met you.
I wonder who would win the blue ribbon for the most derogatory name calling against the other.

You should be grateful Trump was elected - just think of him as a go to guy for anger release. ;)

God Bless,
SBC

SBC ... you don't really know the answers to the myriad questions that you've posted? One should pay close attention to the news from various sources...because much of the criticism of Trump can be found in conservative media as well as "liberal" media. You really don't believe he lies...a lot? Here:

All Pants on Fire! statements involving Donald Trump | PolitiFact

Donald Trump Archives - FactCheck.org

http://washingtonmonthly.com/2017/07/20/does-trump-know-hes-lying/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ying-nothing-new-ellis-cose-column/101567768/

https://www.usnews.com/news/article...site-donald-trump-lies-76-percent-of-the-time

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywillingham/2016/09/27/why-does-donald-trump-lie-so-much/#6a1583de3788

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
SBC ... you don't really know the answers to the myriad questions that you've posted?

And you would know that how? LOL

One should pay close attention to the news from various sources...because much of the criticism of Trump can be found in conservative media as well as "liberal" media. You really don't believe he lies...a lot? Here:
[/QUOTE]

No answers - accusation - list of news headlines - no less expected.

Article II Section 2 Cause 1
Article 1 Section 8 Clause 7

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.