AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Can you, or anyone for that matter please tell us exactly what Trump did wrong here? You posted a thread on it so I'm assuming you have something concrete? Not allegedly but something proven...something significant. And please be sure anything leveled against him is accompanied by the full story and not just hearsay, or convenient bit's and pieces so we can verify it.

If there really is a problem, fine, then once verified, I'll let y'all bash to your little hearts desire, and without interference by me...fair enough?
This thread is about something stupid The Donald did.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Left-leaning members of Christian Forums: remember these posts next time any of the people defending Trump bluster about "supporting are troops". A president dismissively tells a grieving widow "he knew what he was getting into", and all they can do is bleat about the media and deflect.

Yes, we're seeing exactly how much Republicans support the troops. So much so that the widow of a fallen soldier is essentially being called a liar...all to support a president who lies as a matter of course.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This thread is about something stupid The Donald said.

That doesn't answer the question. Actually, it appears to intentionally evade the question.

Oh, I see what you're doing, your trying to put out there that this wasn't about him doing something wrong, just something stupid, because you cannot answer the question...right? Tricky.

Honestly...that looks really bad, not to mention, hilarious. :)

Anyone else?

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That doesn't answer the question. Actually, it appears to intentionally evade the question.

Oh, I see what you're doing, your trying to put out there that this wasn't about him doing something wrong, just something stupid, because you cannot answer the question...right? Tricky.

Anyone else?
Of course not. Why don't you start another thread and ask you off topic question there, where it will be on topic. Tricky question deserve tricky responses ;).

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Anyone else?

Trump's error is in making thoughtless comments. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in that maybe he was actually trying to be nice - I've never got the impression that he was completely heartless. But he is thoughtless. He frequently acts like a buffoon, running his mouth, saying things that are ridiculous, insensitive, insulting, and often nonsensical.

One of the traits of a good leader is being able to communicate effectively. Trump apparently does well communicating anger to a subset of the population - but on nearly everything else, he fails spectacularly.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course not. Why don't you start another thread and ask you off topic question there, where it will be on topic. Tricky question deserve tricky responses ;).

Off topic?....too funny. You have made my morning. :)

Doubt you're interested but the following at least appears to be news worth paying attention to....

Hillary, Doing to America What Her Husband Did To Her and Geting Away With It

Still waiting for an answer, not from you of course, but anyone who actually can answer. I just want to put it to rest either way, nothing more. I was curious though, what did this Congresswoman do, hear that conversation and call CNN directly?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump's error is in making thoughtless comments.

I appreciate the sincere post, and that's fine, even true in some cases, he does make mistakes, but I was really wanting to know precisely what he did wrong here, in order to make a point.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Can you, or anyone for that matter please tell us exactly what Trump did wrong here? You posted a thread on it so I'm assuming you have something concrete? Not allegedly but something proven...something significant. And please be sure anything leveled against him is accompanied by the full story and not just hearsay, or convenient bit's and pieces so we can verify it.

If there really is a problem, fine, then once verified, I'll let y'all bash to your little hearts desire, and without interference by me...fair enough?

Since the mother is now saying the Congresswoman's version of events are correct, the President told a grieving widow that her husband knew that he could be killed when he signed up to join the military. While that may be a true statement in general, since military members are put in harms way on a regular basis, that is a very cold thing to say to someone who's husband just died. It is especially cold when you are in command of the military that put her husband at that location.

What Trump did wrong is that his attempt to mimic human compassion failed and would have been more consoling to her by just telling her to move on, it's been a while since he died.

Upvote 0

CitizenD

Jul 19, 2017
San Francisco
✟100,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

So it's not wrong to 1) Grandstand the last few days about he's the best president everz about consoling families of the dead 2) Get called out about how terrible he was at it 3) Lie about it?

Or, do you not believe Johnson's mother?

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Trump Claims Congresswoman Lied About His Call To Army Widow
Army Sgt. La David Johnson was killed during an ambush in Niger earlier this month. Myeshia Johnson, his pregnant widow, received a call from Trump on Tuesday. Wilson was with Johnson at the time and said she heard the conversation on speakerphone. She recounted the exchange to South Florida’s NBC affiliate.

“Sarcastically he said: ‘But you know he must have known what he signed up for,’” Wilson told NBC6. “How could you say that to a grieving widow? I couldn’t believe ... and he said it more than once. I said this man has no feelings for anyone. This is a young woman with child who is grieved to her soul.”

And so it continues, this man has little respect for anyone besides himself.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So it's not wrong to 1) Grandstand the last few days about he's the best president everz about consoling families of the dead 2) Get called out about how terrible he was at it 3) Lie about it?

Why are you asking me that? Can you tell me what he did wrong here or not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The WH is already walking his fabrication tweet back, saying Trump was misunderstood on the phone.

I expect Kellyanne to be on the air again soon, telling people not to listen to what he SAYS, but to what he MEANS In his HEART.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
"He knew what he signed up for..."

Perhaps Donald can have that engraved at Arlington in time for Veterans Day?

Upvote 0

CitizenD

Jul 19, 2017
San Francisco
✟100,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why are you asking me that? Can you tell me what he did wrong here or not?

You obviously need this spelled out.

L-y-i-n-g

I-n-s-u-l-t-i-n-g

B-r-a-g-g-i-n-g

Three of those are stupid. Two of them are morally wrong. I leave to you as an exercise to figure which is which.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You obviously need this spelled out.

L-y-i-n-g

I-n-s-u-l-t-i-n-g

B-r-a-g-g-i-n-g

Three of those are stupid. Two of them are morally wrong. I leave to you as an exercise to figure which is which.

Hellooooo? you aren't paying attention. :)

Upvote 0