‘He didn’t even know his name.’

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No, maybe, IDK? There's that context problem again... I was talking to an individual at the time.

We all assumed you were referring to one, as well.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,897.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And she black.

When all this started I was mad I actually had to defend him elsewhere. People immediately said his treatment of Widow Johnson was because she was black. I don't think his initial insensitivity on the call was racial, I think he is just self centered and lacks empathy, combined with not wanting to call in the first place, all the criticism over not mentioning the 4 deaths to begin with, and then putting his foot in his mouth by attacking Obama's conduct to the point he obligated himself into having to do it.

His continuation of his attacks has a racial component, IMO, and it is aided by the fact that many of his supporters have so much disdain/so little regard for black people or black lives. He is known for attacking women and minorities. His base likes to see this. Not one word from him about the Eminem BET cypher. I don't think he would have been able to have such a sustained attack on a white family, unless they were known democrats or known to have been anti-Trump, and even that would probably be a long shot.

I've been sitting back watching all this and it's like God is setting us or somebody up for a huge smack down. It's like a lawyer preparing a case. We've had this long standing rhetoric about love of country, our flag, our military, gold star families, God (Or at least the appearance of right living and a love and desire for decency, justice) etc, how they should be revered and unquestioned. All it has taken is NFL protests and one black military widow to expose that for the sham that it is and see people turn their backs on all that rhetoric. Its the same with the election of Trump. Obama carried himself well and was demonized. Trump is a self proclaimed sexual predator, but he is embraced by the "Party of God" because they wanted power to the point they turned their back on all biblical principles. I've noticed this contrast in several area's and I'd be lying if I said it didn't worry me.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,895.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
When all this started I was mad I actually had to defend him elsewhere. People immediately said his treatment of Widow Johnson was because she was black. I don't think his initial insensitivity on the call was racial, I think he is just self centered and lacks empathy, combined with not wanting to call in the first place, all the criticism over not mentioning the 4 deaths to begin with, and then putting his foot in his mouth by attacking Obama's conduct to the point he obligated himself into having to do it.

His continuation of his attacks has a racial component, IMO, and it is aided by the fact that many of his supporters have so much disdain/so little regard for black people or black lives. He is known for attacking women and minorities. His base likes to see this. Not one word from him about the Eminem BET cypher. I don't think he would have been able to have such a sustained attack on a white family, unless they were known democrats or known to have been anti-Trump, and even that would probably be a long shot.

I've been sitting back watching all this and it's like God is setting us or somebody up for a huge smack down. It's like a lawyer preparing a case. We've had this long standing rhetoric about love of country, our flag, our military, gold star families, God (Or at least the appearance of right living and a love and desire for decency, justice) etc, how they should be revered and unquestioned. All it has taken is NFL protests and one black military widow to expose that for the sham that it is and see people turn their backs on all that rhetoric. Its the same with the election of Trump. Obama carried himself well and was demonized. Trump is a self proclaimed sexual predator, but he is embraced by the "Party of God" because they wanted power to the point they turned their back on all biblical principles. I've noticed this contrast in several area's and I'd be lying if I said it didn't worry me.

A lot of us find it troubling. Especially troubling is the large number who will excuse any action.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

And yet, when it came to the white Gold star families, they had nothing but praise for his concern and sympathy.

Now, I'm just saying that it's an unfortunate coincidence that Donald happened to screw up the sympathy call to a family of color... but let's consider:

1. A public figure can't afford too many such "unfortunate coincidences,"
2. When you're the POTUS, anything more than one is too many.
3. Donald has had a lot more than one...

Upvote 0