Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From the "Gotta love Chris Pratt", files: ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Cast Beg For James Gunn To Direct Again, Slam PC Mobs

“There is little due process in the court of public opinion,” the statement reads. “James is likely not the last good person to be put on trial. Given the growing political divide in this country, it’s safe to say instances like this will continue, although we hope Americans from across the political spectrum can ease up on the character assassinations and stop weaponizing mob mentality.”

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I don't know that PC mobs had anything to do with his firing. As I understand it, Gunn's right wing twitter-feud opponents brought the old tweets to the attention of Disney, who found they did not match their image and fired him.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know that PC mobs had anything to do with his firing. As I understand it, Gunn's right wing twitter-feud opponents brought the old tweets to the attention of Disney, who found they did not match their image and fired him.

When you live in a glass house, you should not throw grenades...

FWIW, it is my opinion that as a society we really abuse social media in regards to judging others. We are getting to the point where you say or do anything stupid in your social media and that action now becomes your defining metric for measuring the type of person you are.

As a society, we are sinking in an ocean's worth of hypocrisy. We hold 'others' to impossible standards. I submit, that there is not a single human being who has never said or done anything incredibly stupid, sexist, or racist. We make mistakes and those mistakes help define who we are. Many of us actually learn from our mistakes and become better people because of said mistake.

Yet in this day and age of Twitter, you make your mistake online, and that is that. That mistake now becomes "who you are". It is crap and I wish we as a society would get some much needed perspective and thick skin and stop the witch hunts.

They were truly gross jokes, but they weren't secret and he had publicly apologised for them more then five years ago... before he started working for Disney.

completely agree with your sentiment. You posted before I finished my rant :p

Last edited:
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
When you live in a glass house, you should not throw grenades...
They were truly gross jokes, but they weren't secret and he had publicly apologised for them more then five years ago... before he started working for Disney.

• Friendly
Reactions: dgiharris
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
These are the sensationalized stories you hear that, if you believe, are WARNINGS that your reality is Babylon.

"As long as I'm not doing anything wrong..." did you (humans) think you made the rules? Now, see how much support a layperson would get if they were accuse of the same thing.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So... just to be clear, is him being fired good or bad?
Merely noting the poetic justice in James Gunn being brought down by his own former disavowed comments when he was attempting to bring down Ben Shapiro with some of Ben's former disavowed comments.

While I personally applaud Chris Pratt's stand against the silly destructiveness of crucifying people for previous obscure comments rather than current behaviors ... I would also say that should be a two way street which applies regardless of political expediency. Whatever justice is being applied should be applied equally. You know, live by the sword, die by the sword. If you're gonna forgive those you favor ... then you should also be willing to forgive those you may not like.

Upvote 0