Disney fires 'Guardians of the Galaxy' director James Gunn over 'indefensible' old tweets

συνείδησις

¿uo buıob sı ʇɐɥʍ
Jun 10, 2018
SE
✟24,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Regardless, word is that /pol/ is now looking to "pedo-hunt" a handful of other celebrities who are alleged to have made similar jokes over the years, so stay tuned.

These aren't jokes. They're acting out the perversity in their midst that pervades the entertainment industry. Calling it jokes is just their way of trying to hide it in plain view. Looks like someone just nailed Dan Harmon (Rick and Morty creator) for a child rape video. These people are a disease on America.

Upvote 0

συνείδησις

¿uo buıob sı ʇɐɥʍ
Jun 10, 2018
SE
✟24,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is pol?

Distributed weaponized autism. They're the ones who won a round of capture the flag based solely on a live video of a flag against the sky, and who IDed from videos an antifa thug who is now facing felony charges for attempted murder or something because of their work.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
What is pol?

The politics board on 4-Chan.

4-Chan may be a more wretched hub of skive and villainy than Mos Eisley, but even they have standards. If they have reason to believe that a person has done harm to children or animals, then folks will set aside their differences long enough to hunt that person down and gather enough evidence for action against them.

They've gotten so many child predators arrested over the years that at one point FBI prisoner transport vehicles were given the nickname "4-Chan Party Van".

So if they're seriously and legitimately calling for a "pedo hunt", it's not going to end well for someone.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
These aren't jokes. They're acting out the perversity in their midst that pervades the entertainment industry. Calling it jokes is just their way of trying to hide it in plain view. Looks like someone just nailed Dan Harmon (Rick and Morty creator) for a child rape video. These people are a disease on America.
I have to disagree, crass humor is not necessarily someone hiding in plain view. They could be attention seekers trying to shock people with their profanity and lewdness. I remember someone arguing that you can't make certain types of jokes, and I vehemently disagree with that. You can make jokes about any subject... just be funny.

The problem with lewd humor is that being funny is a difficult needle to thread and most fail at it miserably. The times where I've seen it work is when the comedian talks about the subject from their personal experience or uses it as a social commentary. While not lewd, George Carlin's use of racial slurs in his humor as a social commentary on racism in America is some of the best comedy I've ever seen. This stands in contrast to people that use racial slurs because they believe illiberal use of a word makes them funny (Carlos Mencia comes to mind). Pedophilia is a tough subject, but I'm sure there's humor there; however, James Gunn spectacularly failed at finding that humor.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The politics board on 4-Chan.

4-Chan may be a more wretched hub of skive and villainy than Mos Eisley, but even they have standards. If they have reason to believe that a person has done harm to children or animals, then folks will set aside their differences long enough to hunt that person down and gather enough evidence for action against them.

They've gotten so many child predators arrested over the years that at one point FBI prisoner transport vehicles were given the nickname "4-Chan Party Van".

So if they're seriously and legitimately calling for a "pedo hunt", it's not going to end well for someone.
Ending poorly does not mean bad for the target, but could highlight the ignorance of Internet "sleuths" (e.g., Boston Marathon bombing).

Upvote 0