NW England
✟1,053,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
when someone rejects Jesus today and walks away from Him, He lets them go.

Love always perseveres and always hopes.
In my experience, if someone rejects Jesus, he keeps going after them - until, or unless, he is certain that they KNOW who he is, are fully aware of whom they are rejecting and will not change their minds.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yahweh God first loved us while we were yet sinners, and sent Christ for us. God hates sin, all of it, and would not have any of it continue. God will put an end to it. Yahweh God is absolutely just, and justly deals with all sin, through Christ for believers, apart from Christ for others.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Christendom repeatedly say things like, “God loves us so much that He will save us
All;” or “He hates the sin, but loves the sinners;” or God is love, and will not send anyone to hell.” Christendom teaches that God is full of loves, that He simply cannot send anyone to eternal hell fire. It is against His infinite love. They want God to forgive all, even those who openly reject Him and die cursing God. I must admit, it is nice to think of God's love being so infinitely great that all will ultimately be saved. The lake of fire (Hell) is a terrible place and I don't want anyone to go there. But it does not matter what I think. It matters what the Bible says. God is love: (1John 4:8) He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. But also punish the sinner and Hates all do iniquity. God is not one sided. He simply an infinitely loving God. He is also infinitely just. He must deal with sin. He must punish the sinner. God cannot lie. (Titus.1:2) “Which God cannot lie,” In the truth of God's word, we find that the Lord has provided one way by which we may be saved. That single way is through Jesus's sacrifice. For all who trust in Him, and do His commandment, salvation will come. But to those who turn away, God's wrath abides upon them: (John.3:36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Lets go into (Psalm.5:5) The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
. (Psalm.11:5) The LORD tried the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
In (Lev.20:23) And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them
Lets go into (Prov.6:16-19) (v.16) These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: (v.17) A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, (v.18) An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, (v.19) A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Lets take a look into (Hosea.9:15) All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Indeed, Yahweh God's justice can never be compromised. It never is or will be. There is eternal consequence with any sin, that is rebellion against God, which anything going against what is right is. God does not look on any sin without the justice he sees for it. And God loves every one of us, who he created, and not wanting any of humanity to perish, so that they come to repentance, God provides the way, and it is with Christ coming. Justice to sin happens through Christ, yet that for those coming to redemption through Christ, this is according to faith in him as the Lord, and it with this that there is the needed repentance. Those who take their sin lightly, even saying such doesn't matter if they are saved, show evidence that they are not, sin is grievious to God's Spirit, those that are really redeemed are God's, and will be shown what is needed to turn them from any sin, this can be with discipline as needed. And what change any turn from will show things of God's Spirit such as growth in love and compassion, making peace among others where possible,, with lessening the arbitrary limits in those characteristics more and more.

Upvote 0

brixken7

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona
✟15,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Indeed, Yahweh God's justice can never be compromised. It never is or will be. There is eternal consequence with any sin, that is rebellion against God, which anything going against what is right is. God does not look on any sin without the justice he sees for it. And God loves every one of us, who he created, and not wanting any of humanity to perish, so that they come to repentance, God provides the way, and it is with Christ coming. Justice to sin happens through Christ, yet that for those coming to redemption through Christ, this is according to faith in him as the Lord, and it with this that there is the needed repentance. Those who take their sin lightly, even saying such doesn't matter if they are saved, show evidence that they are not, sin is grievious to God's Spirit, those that are really redeemed are God's, and will be shown what is needed to turn them from any sin, this can be with discipline as needed. And what change any turn from will show things of God's Spirit such as growth in love and compassion, making peace among others where possible,, with lessening the arbitrary limits in those characteristics more and more.

God "...will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" (I Timothy 2:4).

That's pretty tough to believe, isn't it.
And the original Greek doesn't say God merely "hopes" to save all, it says He is "willing" to save all, meaning God is ready, eager, and prepared to do this! Not at all reluctant! This fact is born out in Isaiah 53:10, for a great many translations tell us that God "was pleased" to sacrifice His son for us all -- for He LOVES us all!

"All" would include all young children who have ever lived, all the mentally deficient, all the insane who have ever lived, all of the billions of people who, not knowing God, have worshiped false gods, and "all" would even include those who have led extremely wicked lives. So are all of these multiple billions of His creation actually going to learn the truth and be saved as God claims?

In most people's minds that's indeed very hard to believe -- even for most professing Christians. But as the evangelist Paul Finkenbinder (aka, Hermano Pablo) stated many years ago:

"Pessimism is sin."

For proof of this he gave the example of how the Israelites who had been sent to spy out the Promised Land, came back with a very gloomy, pessimistic report. You can read of this in Numbers 13:25-33. Basically, their message was that the land promised by God was impossible to take because of its "strong" defenders and "very great" walled cities. What God had promised them, they considered unachievable and absolutely impossible to obtain! To them there was NO WAY that Israel could enter and take the land that God had promised them!

But this lack of faith in God's promise had very serious repercussions, even more serious than their constant complaining after leaving Egypt, and even more serious than their idolatrous worshiping of their molten calf! The Bible clearly states that it was this lack of faith, this unbelief -- and the unbelief of those who heard their message -- that resulted in God (in the Person of Christ) not granting to them entrance into this Promised Land (Hebrews 3:18-19; 4:6,11). Today, in much the same negative vein, we hear religious leaders and Bible teachers claim that God is incapable of bringing us all into the Promised Land. And like the reasoning of old, it's usually based upon a faulty premise that we cannot count on God to do it all, so it's up to us.

Some even claim that God has no desire to save everyone, or that He is hampered by man's supposed "free will" and needs "our permission" to save us! The result is the same. The pessimism and unbelief that existed amongst God's people in ancient Israel, is prevalent today throughout the modern churches, churches composed of people who likewise claim the 'Promised Land' -- be it heaven or a New Earth -- will not be attainable for most people!

The truth is that if we want God to save us in this life, then we need to trust in Him, have faith in Him, rely upon Him, and most of all -- love and BELIEVE Him. Our salvation (in this life) is dependent upon it.

:)

C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
brixken7 said:

God "...will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" (I Timothy 2:4).

That's pretty tough to believe, isn't it.
And the original Greek doesn't say God merely "hopes" to save all, it says He is "willing" to save all, meaning God is ready, eager, and prepared to do this! Not at all reluctant! This fact is born out in Isaiah 53:10, for a great many translations tell us that God "was pleased" to sacrifice His son for us all -- for He LOVES us all!

"All" would include all young children who have ever lived, all the mentally deficient, all the insane who have ever lived, all of the billions of people who, not knowing God, have worshiped false gods, and "all" would even include those who have led extremely wicked lives. So are all of these multiple billions of His creation actually going to learn the truth and be saved as God claims?

In most people's minds that's indeed very hard to believe -- even for most professing Christians. But as the evangelist Paul Finkenbinder (aka, Hermano Pablo) stated many years ago:

"Pessimism is sin."

For proof of this he gave the example of how the Israelites who had been sent to spy out the Promised Land, came back with a very gloomy, pessimistic report. You can read of this in Numbers 13:25-33. Basically, their message was that the land promised by God was impossible to take because of its "strong" defenders and "very great" walled cities. What God had promised them, they considered unachievable and absolutely impossible to obtain! To them there was NO WAY that Israel could enter and take the land that God had promised them!

But this lack of faith in God's promise had very serious repercussions, even more serious than their constant complaining after leaving Egypt, and even more serious than their idolatrous worshiping of their molten calf! The Bible clearly states that it was this lack of faith, this unbelief -- and the unbelief of those who heard their message -- that resulted in God (in the Person of Christ) not granting to them entrance into this Promised Land (Hebrews 3:18-19; 4:6,11). Today, in much the same negative vein, we hear religious leaders and Bible teachers claim that God is incapable of bringing us all into the Promised Land. And like the reasoning of old, it's usually based upon a faulty premise that we cannot count on God to do it all, so it's up to us.

Some even claim that God has no desire to save everyone, or that He is hampered by man's supposed "free will" and needs "our permission" to save us! The result is the same. The pessimism and unbelief that existed amongst God's people in ancient Israel, is prevalent today throughout the modern churches, churches composed of people who likewise claim the 'Promised Land' -- be it heaven or a New Earth -- will not be attainable for most people!

The truth is that if we want God to save us in this life, then we need to trust in Him, have faith in Him, rely upon Him, and most of all -- love and BELIEVE Him. Our salvation (in this life) is dependent upon it.

C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
It isn't hard to believe. Let's look carfully at what was said. " "All" would include all young children who have ever lived, all the mentally deficient, all the insane who have ever lived, all of the billions of people who, not knowing God, have worshiped false gods, and "all" would even include those who have led extremely wicked lives. So are all of these multiple billions of His creation actually going to learn the truth and be saved as God claims?"

Yes all young children, mentally deficient, and insane have opportunity, knowing of evidence of the higher being that is responsible for them being there. The flaw is saying there are billions of people who know nothing of God. Many indeed go worship false gods, but this is with rejecting what they knew of God. The wicked have opportunity surely, if they repent. Those saying they are made right with God, and show nothing of repentance, are presumptuous, and still perishing.

Upvote 0

brixken7

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona
✟15,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It isn't hard to believe. Let's look carfully at what was said. " "All" would include all young children who have ever lived, all the mentally deficient, all the insane who have ever lived, all of the billions of people who, not knowing God, have worshiped false gods, and "all" would even include those who have led extremely wicked lives. So are all of these multiple billions of His creation actually going to learn the truth and be saved as God claims?"

Yes all young children, mentally deficient, and insane have opportunity, knowing of evidence of the higher being that is responsible for them being there. The flaw is saying there are billions of people who know nothing of God. Many indeed go worship false gods, but this is with rejecting what they knew of God. The wicked have opportunity surely, if they repent. Those saying they are made right with God, and show nothing of repentance, are presumptuous, and still perishing.

"Yes all young children, mentally deficient, and insane have opportunity..." --Fred

Opportunity for what?
Salvation? You can't be serious.

Salvation -- in this life -- is a matter of God calling us to salvation. (Romans 8:28,30; II Timothy 1:9)

Of being chosen by God. (Ephesians 1:4; II Thessalonians 2:13)

Of being predestinated by God. (Romans 8:29; Ephesians 1:5,11)

Of God giving us faith. (Ephesians 2:8)

Of God giving us righteousness. (Isaiah 54:17; Romans 5:17; Philippians 3:9)

Of God granting us repentance. (Acts 11:18; Romans 2:4; II Timothy 2:25)

Of God drawing us to Christ. (John 6:44)

Of God granting us belief in Christ. (Acts 13:48;18:27; Philippians 1:29)

Of God sealing us with His spirit. (Ephesians 1:13)

Of God putting us in His church. (Acts 2:47)

Of God working in us. (Isaiah 26:12; Philippians 1:6; 2:13; Hebrews 13:21)

Of God keeping us. (Psalm 37:23-24; Proverbs 2:8; II Thessalonians 3:3; I Peter 1:5; Jude 24)

Of God saving us, through His grace and mercy. (II Timothy 1:9; Titus 3:5)

"For God hath concluded them all" (all of mankind) "in unbelief, that He might have mercy upon all" (all of mankind). (Romans 11:32; Psalm 145:9)

:)

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Yes all young children, mentally deficient, and insane have opportunity..." --Fred
Opportunity for what?
Salvation? You can't be serious.

I don't care for any criticizing that I can't be serious. Personal remarks are not appropriate. If I didn't mean what I said, I wouldn't have said such. But perhaps there is assumption of more being said than what I said. I do mean that any at all have opportunity, with Yahweh God not intending for any to perish, there is provision for any not to. This does not mean that all understand the gospel in full the way that you have. There is still responsibility from us to share more fully what we can of the message for salvation with any that we have opportunity we see to do so. But there is opportunity, such that all know their Maker put them here, and they need to be right with their Maker, this is certainly God. With that they won't spell out all truths. Yet they can respond rightly, with this there is provision of more opportunity. This is the only way the scriptures can be entirely right in all things said pertaining to the opportunity, though certainly not all come into salvation. I am certainly serious. There is opportunity that can have salvation really available.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't care for any criticizing that I can't be serious. Personal remarks are not appropriate. If I didn't mean what I said, I wouldn't have said such. But perhaps there is assumption of more being said than what I said. I do mean that any at all have opportunity, with Yahweh God not intending for any to perish, there is provision for any not to. This does not mean that all understand the gospel in full the way that you have. There is still responsibility from us to share more fully what we can of the message for salvation with any that we have opportunity we see to do so. But there is opportunity, such that all know their Maker put them here, and they need to be right with their Maker, this is certainly God. With that they won't spell out all truths. Yet they can respond rightly, with this there is provision of more opportunity. This is the only way the scriptures can be entirely right in all things said pertaining to the opportunity, though certainly not all come into salvation. I am certainly serious. There is opportunity that can have salvation really available.
I think God intended not for any of his elect to perish, not for every living soul to be saved.
2Peter2:[12] But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brixken7

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona
✟15,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

I'm puzzled by your reply and don't really understand what you're saying.
Would you care to rephrase your position -- and maybe even use some SCRIPTURE?

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If God hated us - why would He die an excruciating death on our behalf?
He didn't. He sent His only begotten son to die so that the justice of His righteous judgement was served and trumped in the same act, by His divine mercy.
I think Romans 9:22-23 is a reliable stock answer to any "Why did God...?" question.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
that's like asking a parent if s/he hates his/her own child and though some people do hate their own children I would by common sense believe that God is better than that which is why demons have to try to force the argument that some people are Gods children while others are not even though God is the God of the living and the dead. then more kinds of evil spirits try and try to tear away what God does not want torn away from him which is why God so hates evil, as it is opposed to his eternal love in the Trinity which all of reality is embraced by, though it seems not in the moment that God would appear dead and crucified...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JesusFreak78

Reformed Baptist
Feb 11, 2005
Minnesota, USA
✟35,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
that's like asking a parent if s/he hates his/her own child and though some people do hate their own children I would by common sense believe that God is better than that which is why demons have to try to force the argument that some people are Gods children while others are not even though God is the God of the living and the dead. then more kinds of evil spirits try and try to tear away what God does not want torn away from him which is why God so hates evil, as it is opposed to his eternal love in the Trinity which all of reality is embraced by, though it seems not in the moment that God would appear dead and crucified...

What about Matthew 25:31-33 and Matthew 25:41? Are the people on Christ's left side also His children?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
God is love, it is also said in 1st John that to hate is to murder, and prefaced that a murderer has no eternal life in him, so since God does have all the life in him ... then God does not hate.

Upvote 0

JesusFreak78

Reformed Baptist
Feb 11, 2005
Minnesota, USA
✟35,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
God is love, it is also said in 1st John that to hate is to murder, and prefaced that a murderer has no eternal life in him, so since God does have all the life in him ... then God does not hate.

God is also Holy, Holy, Holy (Isaiah 6:3), and God's love is based on His holiness, not the other way around. When God hates, it's not like when people hate; God is perfectly capable of hating without sinning.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
God is also Holy, Holy, Holy (Isaiah 6:3), and God's love is based on His holiness, not the other way around. When God hates, it's not like when people hate; God is perfectly capable of hating without sinning.

I think with teachings like this, it is no wonder people are leaving churches in droves. Hate is sin, it's not that hard to understand.

Upvote 0