Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
God hates some people as stated in Romans 9:13 (which is a quote from Malachi 1:2-3).

Romans 9:13
Just as it is written, "JACOB I LOVED, BUT ESAU I HATED."

Upvote 0

Ponda

Feb 18, 2011
✟7,672.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
If God hated people.

Why would He send His Son, whom He loves to die for people?

Because of his GRACE

Just because he loves us, it doesn't discount him hating us...

My retaliation would be, if he loved us, why does he send us to hell if we dont accept Jesus as our Savior

Upvote 0

Howard Cneal

Oct 26, 2010
✟16,809.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Because of his GRACE

My retaliation would be, if he loved us, why does he send us to hell if we dont accept Jesus as our Savior

So... he loves us AND hates us?

Is he schizophrenic then? Or just having an inner conflict...?

Upvote 0

Howard Cneal

Oct 26, 2010
✟16,809.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God hates some people as stated in Romans 9:13 (which is a quote from Malachi 1:2-3).

Romans 9:13
Just as it is written, "JACOB I LOVED, BUT ESAU I HATED."

Is that the message of the gospel; hate...?

Hmm, why do we call the gospel the "good news" then? I personally think calling God hating me "good news" is misleading and deceptive, don't you?

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because of his GRACE

God does not send people to hell. They choose to go there by rejecting Jesus.

Ever thought about a person not born again being in heaven with all us Jesus nuts?

They would not be happy campers.;)

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
^^^No one chooses to go to Hell. God draws people to Christ, people don't draw themselves (John 6:44).

I don't find a single verse that says God hates an actual person minus the Esau bit, all verses where it says God hates something it's in reference to what people do and not people themselves. So the real question is, are we truly and ultimately defined by our actions or not.

Can God send someone that He loves to Hell? I don't think so. I think our actions define us, and when we are slaves to sin, God hates us because of it. Thankfully, the elect are saved from these things.

Everyone wants to quote John 3:16, but you must understand that the context of the "world" in that verse is only referencing the elect and not the literal world:

Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον, ὥστε τὸν υἱὸν τὸν μονογενῆ ἔδωκεν, ἵνα πᾶς ὁ πιστεύων εἰς αὐτὸν μὴ ἀπόληται ἀλλ' ἔχῃ ζωὴν αἰώνιον.

κόσμος,n \{kos'-mos}
1) an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, order, government 2) ornament, decoration, adornment, i.e. the arrangement of the stars, 'the heavenly hosts', as the ornament of the heavens. 1 Pet. 3:3 3) the world, the universe 4) the circle of the earth, the earth 5) the inhabitants of the earth, men, the human family 6) the ungodly multitude; the whole mass of men alienated from God, and therefore hostile to the cause of Christ 7) world affairs, the aggregate of things earthly 7a) the whole circle of earthly goods, endowments riches, advantages, pleasures, etc, which although hollow and frail and fleeting, stir desire, seduce from God and are obstacles to the cause of Christ 8) any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort 8a) the Gentiles as contrasted to the Jews (Rom. 11:12 etc) b) of believers only, John 1:29; 3:16; 3:17; 6:33; 12:47 1 Cor. 4:9; 2 Cor. 5:19

http://greekbible.com/index.php

All in all, it's safe to state that God definitely loves those who love Him.

Upvote 0

Ponda

Feb 18, 2011
✟7,672.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

ummm... i suggest you learn what Medical Terms mean before quoting them buddy.. Schizophrenia is a mental illness when one believes they hear voices...
I suggest you learn what your talking about before commenting so poorly..

A parents always loves their children (generally) but hates it/them when they disobeys them...
Their hate in that moment does not cancel out that love. After all god is our father!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

emily_elizabeth

Faith, hope, and love
Nov 28, 2010
Torrington, Connecticut
✟8,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ummm... i suggest you learn what Medical Terms mean before quoting them buddy.. Schizophrenia is a mental illness when one believes they hear voices...
!

This.

And to answer the question I don't think He hates people, since it says clearly in John 3:16 that "God so loved the world". I think he hates what many choose to do because they wander far from Him.

Upvote 0

Howard Cneal

Oct 26, 2010
✟16,809.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

A parents always loves their children (generally) but hates it/them when they disobeys them...
Their hate in that moment does not cancel out that love. After all god is our father!!!

I have a degree in Psychology, so I think I know my terms thanks.

So, a good parent HATES their children when they misbehave? Wow. I guess my parents were vile, horrible, evil people since they loved me no matter what I did. They may not have liked what I did, but they still loved me.

I guess my parents are better than God... That's kind of a sad thought...

This topic asked, "Does God hate PEOPLE?" Not, "Does God hate people's ACTIONS?" There is an immense difference. I chose the wording as I did on purpose, not by accident. You said God hates PEOPLE. You are not your actions.

Upvote 0

JesusFreak78

Reformed Baptist
Feb 11, 2005
Minnesota, USA
✟27,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Is that the message of the gospel; hate...?

Hmm, why do we call the gospel the "good news" then? I personally think calling God hating me "good news" is misleading and deceptive, don't you?

I didn't say God hates all people, I gave an example from the bible that explains God does hate some people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

He probably was speaking of dissociative identity disorder—also known as "multiple personality disorder" or "split personality".

Upvote 0

Howard Cneal

Oct 26, 2010
✟16,809.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
^^^No one chooses to go to Hell. God draws people to Christ, people don't draw themselves (John 6:44).

I don't find a single verse that says God hates an actual person minus the Esau bit, all verses where it says God hates something it's in reference to what people do and not people themselves. So the real question is, are we truly and ultimately defined by our actions or not.

Can God send someone that He loves to Hell? I don't think so. I think our actions define us, and when we are slaves to sin, God hates us because of it. Thankfully, the elect are saved from these things.

Everyone wants to quote John 3:16, but you must understand that the context of the "world" in that verse is only referencing the elect and not the literal world:

Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον, ὥστε τὸν υἱὸν τὸν μονογενῆ ἔδωκεν, ἵνα πᾶς ὁ πιστεύων εἰς αὐτὸν μὴ ἀπόληται ἀλλ' ἔχῃ ζωὴν αἰώνιον.

κόσμος,n \{kos'-mos}
1) an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, order, government 2) ornament, decoration, adornment, i.e. the arrangement of the stars, 'the heavenly hosts', as the ornament of the heavens. 1 Pet. 3:3 3) the world, the universe 4) the circle of the earth, the earth 5) the inhabitants of the earth, men, the human family 6) the ungodly multitude; the whole mass of men alienated from God, and therefore hostile to the cause of Christ 7) world affairs, the aggregate of things earthly 7a) the whole circle of earthly goods, endowments riches, advantages, pleasures, etc, which although hollow and frail and fleeting, stir desire, seduce from God and are obstacles to the cause of Christ 8) any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort 8a) the Gentiles as contrasted to the Jews (Rom. 11:12 etc) b) of believers only, John 1:29; 3:16; 3:17; 6:33; 12:47 1 Cor. 4:9; 2 Cor. 5:19

Greek Bible

All in all, it's safe to state that God definitely loves those who love Him.

Must be nice to be one of the chosen "elect" huh? But what if you're not...? Oh well, who cares right? It'll only SEEM like an eternity in hell, right? Hmmm.

It's good that God's love is at best as good as human love, in that he loves those who love him. Jesus said even the tax collectors do the same.

Upvote 0

Ponda

Feb 18, 2011
✟7,672.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
^^^again, the "world" is not in the context of the literal, entire world. See ref. in post #8

Fellow Calvinist Brother, please let us not do something that will go off topic...
(But alas i must confess i am 4 pointer Calvinist... Tuip... so to speak)

Upvote 0

Howard Cneal

Oct 26, 2010
✟16,809.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0