Would God give you a plan for your life that you hate ?

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

Formulating differently, so they say God has a specific plan for each christian, thing is would God ever give a plan that the christian hate ?
For example:
make you become missonary but you hate it ?
make you become a pastor but you hate it ?

I don't think so ? are we sure this won't happen ?

Br,

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟27,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

Formulating differently, so they say God has a specific plan for each christian, thing is would God ever give a plan that the christian hate ?
For example:

Br,
Wouldn't God be kind enough to lead you into doing something He has uniquely gifted you for? Wouldn't you enjoy using your gifts?

Colossians 3:23-24 NKJV​

And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.

Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟793,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi,

For example:

Br,
What do you mean by "a plan for your life"? Whatever he plans to actually happen, or whatever you think he wants you to do?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi,

For example:

Br,
God's plan/plans, for everybody, etc, is always what they are always right now currently doing, etc. And He makes some that will in or by the end of it most certainly be or will always become good, etc, and others to always just only cause those others to become that, etc.

So, yeah, it's not always pleasant, or is always ever only everything you think you'd always like, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The only thing that is safe to assume is that God wants you to be saved & have connections with other Christians. That is His plan but you also have a say in it.
As to what specific job, occupation or events happen in your life, God may OR may not have any specific plan for you. Just do your best and decide for yourself. Its probably fair to say that only a few individuals (ie Abraham, Moses, David, Saul etc) are chosen for specific plans, most others just go with the flow of life in the civilization at the time they live. Whatever you do you will affect and be affected by others.

Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

For example:

Br,
“He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?” Micah 6:8

16He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16

Believe the gospel and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

For example:

Br,
We have free will so any life decisions are made solely by our own doing.
Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Solo81

Jan 19, 2024
Gundy
✟18,175.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

For example:

Br,
Are you asking this because you have the impression God is asking you to do something you don't want to do or is it out of curiosity?...more of a hypothetical question, if you will. I'm not criticising you for asking but just would like to know.

God is your Father and He loved you before this World was created. He's not trying to trap you, trick you or force you into something you don't want to do. He has given you freedom and He respects and honours that freedom more than any other person. Even if you say 'No' to it

Upvote 0

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟251,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Pray fervently to God and ask Him daily to remove your will

And replace it with His will.

Holiness is union with Jesus Christ.

Matthew 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says to me 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
God isn't responsible for our sins or mistakes because He works through them for our collective good. Joni Eareckson Tada comes to mind. He didn't tell her to jump in the water. She did it on her own and the result was horrendous. But He worked through the situation and brought something good out of it. She's largely responsible for public awareness and laws benefitting disabled persons in America. She was their champion.

I see similar things with myself. An illness derailed my work towards a career in medicine. It seemed hopeless but the Lord had a ram in the bush and nurtured other interests. I would have never worked in finance, discovered my business acumen, developed my skills as a mini Martha Stewart or pursued additional training.

I wouldn't remember my delight for dolls and dollhouses and mini treats in my easy baking oven. I'd forget my love of writing, public speaking and performing on stage. And the hours spent watching cooking, travel, decorating and home improvement shows. My love for medicine was great but the rest was always there. I didn't see it.

But I've had an opportunity to connect the dots as I've pondered the reason for my presence. I asked the Lord, why am I here? Everything He does is purposeful and we're no different. Some conduct their lives with that in mind and others don't. He answered the question and led me on a road I never imagined I'd take.

It's the most fulfilling thing I've done outside of motherhood. I'm walking with Him and fulfilling His mission for me. I'm content because it's my nature to be contented and it's an integral part of our spiritual growth. Some people are otherwise. They're always questioning and wrestling. They have a hard time trusting God and struggle to be still. Their mind is never at rest. It always wants more and contentment evades them.

Your mind is not a gear. It's not supposed to be churning constantly. You need spaces in your day and thoughts for whispers. Most of the questions on this site are the result of noise. They can't hear from God because they can't be quiet. When stillness comes answers follow. He's always talking.

~bella

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
God isn't responsible for our sins or mistakes because He works through them for our collective good. Joni Eareckson Tada comes to mind. He didn't tell her to jump in the water. She did it on her own and the result was horrendous. But He worked through the situation and brought something good out of it. She's largely responsible for public awareness and laws benefitting disabled persons in America. She was their champion.

I see similar things with myself. An illness derailed my work towards a career in medicine. It seemed hopeless but the Lord had a ram in the bush and nurtured other interests. I would have never worked in finance, discovered my business acumen, developed my skills as a mini Martha Stewart or pursued additional training.

I wouldn't remember my delight for dolls and dollhouses and mini treats in my easy baking oven. I'd forget my love of writing, public speaking and performing on stage. And the hours spent watching cooking, travel, decorating and home improvement shows. My love for medicine was great but the rest was always there. I didn't see it.

But I've had an opportunity to connect the dots as I've pondered the reason for my presence. I asked the Lord, why am I here? Everything He does is purposeful and we're no different. Some conduct their lives with that in mind and others don't. He answered the question and led me on a road I never imagined I'd take.

It's the most fulfilling thing I've done outside of motherhood. I'm walking with Him and fulfilling His mission for me. I'm content because it's my nature to be contented and it's an integral part of our spiritual growth. Some people are otherwise. They're always questioning and wrestling. They have a hard time trusting God and struggle to be still. Their mind is never at rest. It always wants more and contentment evades them.

Your mind is not a gear. It's not supposed to be churning constantly. You need spaces in your day and thoughts for whispers. Most of the questions on this site are the result of noise. They can't hear from God because they can't be quiet. When stillness comes answers follow. He's always talking.

~bella
A lot of people don't like to be not busy, or won't practice being in the stillness, or staying quiet, etc, because then their mind starts to become active in all of the ways that it was always meant to be active, and they don't like it, etc, so they'd much rather try to always stay busy, or keep themselves occupied, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
A lot of people don't like to be not busy, or won't practice being in the stillness, or staying quiet, etc, because then their mind starts to become active in all of the ways that it was always meant to be active, and they don't like it, etc, so they'd much rather try to always stay busy, or keep themselves occupied, etc.

God Bless.
Some have to always stay busy or occupied though, and they never get a break, etc, because if they didn't or don't, then their entire lives would fall apart, etc, and they might have quite a few other depending on them and their always staying busy and/or constantly occupied, etc, and these ones I feel sorry for, etc.

But the ones I don't feel sorry for are the ones who have all the opportunity in the world to stop or pause or take a break, etc, but never ever take full advantage of it, because they just can't stand it, or stand themselves, etc, and these ones I do not feel sorry for, etc.

In my view these latter ones are on purpose choosing to miss out on something that is very, very important, and could be of very, very great benefit to their lives, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

God Bless.

If you want more of God you'll do what it takes to obtain it. If you're married to your habits they'll have precedence. But either way you choose and the effects of that choice are yours to bear. You can't complain when they're not to your liking. Because you chose.

Cause and effect. A simple principle with life altering results.

Excuses don't nullify consequences or make them palatable. We still have to live with them. When you grow tired of being on the wrong side of your decisions you change course. If you don't you keep looking for scapegoats.

~bella

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If you want more of God you'll do what it takes to obtain it. If you're married to your habits they'll have precedence. But either way you choose and the effects of that choice are yours to bear. You can't complain when they're not to your liking. Because you chose.

Excuses don't nullify consequences or make them palatable. We still have to live with them. When you grow tired of being on the wrong side of your decisions you change course. If you don't you keep looking for scapegoats.

~bella
Well, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying sit around and do absolutely nothing all of the time, etc, but am mainly talking about how busyness/preoccupation is taken to it's absolute extremes with some sometimes, etc. And that I think I see that "a lot" and with "many" sometimes, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

~bella
And as far as my life goes @bèlla, if God never did choose to override my choices, then I'd be totally "fill in the blank" right about now, etc. But as it stands right now, and because God did do that both in the past for me, and right now for me, etc, my life has turned out perfect for me, or is just exactly everything I required/wanted/ever needed, etc, though I never even knew it, etc, and I'm extremely, extremely eternally grateful and thankful to God for it, etc.

And also chose for me to be one of the ones that is saved for Heaven to boot!, etc. And that is all just all the icing on the cake of all that He has already chosen/will continue to choose for me!, etc.

I'll never run out of gratitude or thankfulness, etc.

And just that and that alone, that extreme gratitude and thankfulness, etc, has forever changed/altered me and my life, 100% completely, etc.

I'm very, very glad it was never ever up to me, etc.

Now I just want to try and do my best to show others the same kind of love that I now already fully know He has for me, etc, and I'm about to make that my primary mission in my life for the rest of my life now if I can, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,450.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

For example:

Br,

Trust in God. Take up your cross and follow Him faithfully without fail...

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And as far as my life goes @bèlla, if God never did choose to override my choices, then I'd be totally "fill in the blank" right about now, etc. But as it stands right now, and because God did do that both in the past for me, and right now for me, etc, my life has turned out perfect for me, or is just exactly everything I required/wanted/ever needed, etc, though I never even knew it, etc, and I'm extremely, extremely eternally grateful and thankful to God for it, etc.

And also chose for me to be one of the ones that is saved for Heaven to boot!, etc. And that is all just all the icing on the cake of all that He has already chosen/will continue to choose for me!, etc.

I'll never run out of gratitude or thankfulness, etc.

And just that and that alone, that extreme gratitude and thankfulness, etc, has forever changed/altered me and my life, 100% completely, etc.

I'm very, very glad it was never ever up to me, etc.

Now I just want to try and do my best to show others the same kind of love that I now already fully know He has for me, etc, and I'm about to make that my primary mission in my life for the rest of my life now if I can, etc.

God Bless.
I am the prime/primary example of what it truly means for a person to truly receive Grace in or over their whole entire life personified.

So, yeah, gratitude doesn't even begin to cover it, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0