stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
What exactly did he testify to? As I recall, he only took the stand to apologize to the Martin family
As I recall, it had to do with money donated to his website.

Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara said Zimmerman's credibility will now be a major issue which he will have to address.

O'Mara also hinted Zimmerman may not testify at a bond hearing.

Within weeks of its launch on April 9, therealgeorgezimmerman.com received more than $200,000 in donations to help with Zimmerman's legal expenses. But at an April 20 bond hearing, Zimmerman and his wife told the judge they were financially indigent.
Source ABC news

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As I recall, it had to do with money donated to his website.

Source ABC news
Seems to me he didn't testify aout the assets, others did.

It all depends on the purpose of the monies collected. Remember, as I said beofre, if Zimmerman solicited funds for one purpose and used them for another, it's embezzlement.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems to me he didn't testify aout the assets, others did.

On his own bail hearing, he wasn't asked about his assets? That seems odd that he would not even submit a statement.

It all depends on the purpose of the monies collected. Remember, as I said beofre, if Zimmerman solicited funds for one purpose and used them for another, it's embezzlement.
If he has the money and he is asked to declare what money he has, he is dishonest not to declare it. Are you quite sure that bond payment can not be included in legal fees?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On his own bail hearing, he wasn't asked about his assets? That seems odd that he would not even submit a statement.

If he has the money and he is asked to declare what money he has, he is dishonest not to declare it. Are you quite sure that bond payment can not be included in legal fees?
I don't know the circumstances under which he solicited the funds

Upvote 0