Bent, Folded, Stapled and Mutilated
Mar 18, 2012
In the Ironbound section, near Avenue L
✟7,762.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do agree but without some form of justice system all we have is vigilante justice. This is why zman is in the position he's in. He judged Trayvon of being guilty just based on how he looked. Think of all the blacks in the south who were lynched. Judged, tried and convicted by public opinion. No due process. No ability to mount a defense. Hiw about all the whites who were ruined by being labled communists. As imperfect as this system or people are, it's better than nothing. Either that or we could just let the media spin cases and we could all vote like American Idol.

Projection much?

Zimmerman's judgement of Martin was based on knowing who lived in the development and Martin's behavior. Everything we know about Zimmerman's previous neighborhood watch activities backs this up.

We can equally assert that the ONLY reason anyone would say that about Zimmerman is that they absolutely hate native Americans and that they wish a better job had bern done of eradicating them.

One absurdity deserves another.

Upvote 0

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Projection much?

Zimmerman's judgement of Martin was based on knowing who lived in the development and Martin's behavior. Everything we know about Zimmerman's previous neighborhood watch activities backs this up.

We can equally assert that the ONLY reason anyone would say that about Zimmerman is that they absolutely hate native Americans and that they wish a better job had bern done of eradicating them.

One absurdity deserves another.

Your logic makes no sense. I guess it's a shame Trayvon didn't have a gun too. Then he could have just shot the "stalker" dead and be free based on SYG, given his attacker was armed. With zman's 911 call, the case wouldn't make it through a PC hearing.

It's a lose, lose situation. People should mind their own business and none of this would have happened. If you witness a crime, call the police and let them do their job. :thumbsup: Neighborhood watch does not equal law enforcement. :doh:

Upvote 0

Phogg

Bent, Folded, Stapled and Mutilated
Mar 18, 2012
In the Ironbound section, near Avenue L
✟7,762.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your logic makes no sense. I guess it's a shame Trayvon didn't have a gun too. Then he could have just shot the "stalker" dead and be free based on SYG, given his attacker was armed. With zman's 911 call, the case wouldn't make it through a PC hearing.

It's a lose, lose situation. People should mind their own business and none of this would have happened. If you witness a crime, call the police and let them do their job. :thumbsup: Neighborhood watch does not equal law enforcement. :doh:

Treyvon Martin initiated violence upon another person. Zimmerman shot back when attacked.

You have revealed for all here your motive in this: those pesky people who watch you and report you. Some of them might dare video you on their phone if you don't stop them. Oh how neighborhood watches get in the way of how some people like life to be. If only people would just cower in their homes.

Upvote 0

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Treyvon Martin initiated violence upon another person. Zimmerman shot back when attacked.

You have revealed for all here your motive in this: those pesky people who watch you and report you. Some of them might dare video you on their phone if you don't stop them. Oh how neighborhood watches get in the way of how some people like life to be. If only people would just cower in their homes.

Just remember one thing in all your infinite wisdom of Zimmerman types: All men of color walking in the dark, are not unarmed teenagers. Might wanna pass that along to your buddies. That's free advice. Pass it along. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Sadalmelik

Dec 25, 2011
raleigh nc
✟1,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just remember one thing in all your infinite wisdom of Zimmerman types: All men of color walking in the dark, are not unarmed teenagers. Might wanna pass that along to your buddies. That's free advice. Pass it along. :thumbsup:

could you elaborate on this, this could be construed as a threat.

Upvote 0

Sadalmelik

Dec 25, 2011
raleigh nc
✟1,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Phogg, Neighborhood Watch means watch, and report to Police, right?

You haven't answered me of Zimmerman's previous Neighborhood Watch activities that you say is known and backs up his actions. So, what is it exactly?

I don't see anyone insulting the Neighborhood Watch program, do you?

to what brief knowledge i have of it, i believe zimmerman had been doing the neigborhood watch thing, and had made many reports to 911/police in regards to people, activity in the area. dozens of reports, i believe it was something like 48 reports over the course of 8 years, or sometihng like that.

now if these figures are correct, and tmk, there has never been any prev..incidents of zimmerman taking physical action against one of these he reported, let alone shot at or killed anyone of them in prev...incidents...doesnt that say much about him....if he was such a racist and just out looking for trouble, why did it take 8 years before there was an incident such as this? i can assure you ,this will be brought up to the jury, and it certainly shows the opposite of what the majority views this case as.

it clearly shows to me that this case has nothing to do with race, and that zimmerman is telling the truth about what happened...at least at this point thats what i believe, that could change as evidence comes out...further i prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt, last i knew you were supposed to be innocent untill PROVEN guilty, apparently, as this thread and some of the posts shows.....some have already convicted zimmerman and thrown away the key.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Zimmerman was charged due to local and national interference and pressure. According to Florida Law, he should have never been arrested. Like it or not... let's just hope that the next time a black kills a hispanic that even if it's in self defense..... ????????? Should he/she be arrested also, or should we then go by the laws of the State of Florida? Are laws for one part of the population only?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sadalmelik

Dec 25, 2011
raleigh nc
✟1,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A man of color walking through a neighborhood at night could be construed as a criminal, doesn't make it true.

just as well could be a white or hispanic or asian, to me it makes no difference...if i see someone in my neighborhood who i think doesnt belong there, and i think is up to no good, i will call the cops.....

just because they are black doesnt inimdate me to feel scared of them, or that im going to be called racist for reporting them, i could care less what people think....just as well, if it happens to be a white guy, i will call the cops on him too....makes no difference to me....just because your a minority doesnt give you the right to do whatever you want either....if your in an area your not supposed to be, and look like your up to no good, ill call the cops in a second, again, couldnt care less whether someone wants to call me a racist for doing so....

and btw, this happened to me about 2 years ago, a person behind my house at 2:00 am, when he noticed me, he tried hiding, then when i confronted him and he mumbled something as he quickly walked away from me, and disappeared, i immed. called the cops, but by the time they got here, the suspect was long gone....and btw, the person was black, does that make me a racist too? im sure he had a perfectly legit..reason to be behind my house at 2 am? ya, next time ill wait for him to have a knife to my throat, or a gun at my head before i do anything.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Zimmerman was charged due to local and national interference and pressure. According to Florida Law, he should have never been arrested. Like it or not... let's just hope that the next time a black kills a hispanic that even if it's in self defense..... ????????? Should he/she be arrested also, or should we then go by the laws of the State of Florida? Are laws for one part of the population only?

The prosecution disagrees with you. Under the law, he did not have a right to chase this boy down. I'm confident the court system will sort it out and hopefully we can repeal or significantly modify this law. Shame an unarmed boy had to die for many to realize this.

The case below, was thrown our because the man had the right to go after the man he stabbed to death. This is the key point people purposefully ignore. It's as if some want zman to win so they can do the same thing.

NPR.org » 'Stand Your Ground': Miami Judge Decides Fatal Stabbing Was Self-Defense

Upvote 0

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
just as well could be a white or hispanic or asian, to me it makes no difference...if i see someone in my neighborhood who i think doesnt belong there, and i think is up to no good, i will call the cops.....

just because they are black doesnt inimdate me to feel scared of them, or that im going to be called racist for reporting them, i could care less what people think....just as well, if it happens to be a white guy, i will call the cops on him too....makes no difference to me....just because your a minority doesnt give you the right to do whatever you want either....if your in an area your not supposed to be, and look like your up to no good, ill call the cops in a second, again, couldnt care less whether someone wants to call me a racist for doing so....

and btw, this happened to me about 2 years ago, a person behind my house at 2:00 am, when he noticed me, he tried hiding, then when i confronted him and he mumbled something as he quickly walked away from me, and disappeared, i immed. called the cops, but by the time they got here, the suspect was long gone....and btw, the person was black, does that make me a racist too? im sure he had a perfectly legit..reason to be behind my house at 2 am? ya, next time ill wait for him to have a knife to my throat, or a gun at my head before i do anything.:thumbsup:

People are totally within their rights to call the police. This the difference between being vigilant and being a vigilante. Zman crossed the line. Pure and simple.

Upvote 0

Sadalmelik

Dec 25, 2011
raleigh nc
✟1,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People are totally within their rights to call the police. This the difference between being vigilant and being a vigilante. Zman crossed the line. Pure and simple.

well thats you opinion, not mine. and apparently many others feel the same way, as he now has gotten more than 200,000.00 donated in his defense.

and you failed to add anything to the point i was trying to make, what is one supposed to do before the police show up? just sit down and shut up, while someone may be about to bust into someones house, or their own, with a knife or gun? do you think that this doesnt happen EVERYDAY in america? pray thats its never you or your family, cause apparently you think it ok to allow the suspect to do whatever he/she wants and regardless of the situation, we have the right to do nothing except wait for the cops....give me a break.
and the law in states with syg laws disagree with you also...so if you have a problem with it, which apparently you do, take it up with your congressmen.

and untill the laws are changed, the laws apply to all, equally, not just some.

Upvote 0

Sadalmelik

Dec 25, 2011
raleigh nc
✟1,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

well what if in the scenario i gave you about what happened to me, instead of walking away, the suspect came up and started strangling me, as i made my last gasp for air, i pulled out a 9mm and shot him......would i be in my right? or would i be called a racist? would you still think i was guilty just because the suspect didnt have a weapon....you would not have been there, so you would not know what happened, just like you werent there with this case....you can speculate all you want about what zimmerman or trayvon did or didnt do....you werent there, so you dont know.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sadalmelik

Dec 25, 2011
raleigh nc
✟1,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The prosecution disagrees with you. Under the law, he did not have a right to chase this boy down. I'm confident the court system will sort it out and hopefully we can repeal or significantly modify this law. Shame an unarmed boy had to die for many to realize this.

The case below, was thrown our because the man had the right to go after the man he stabbed to death. This is the key point people purposefully ignore. It's as if some want zman to win so they can do the same thing.

NPR.org » 'Stand Your Ground': Miami Judge Decides Fatal Stabbing Was Self-Defense

the prosecution is pandering to public pressure....nothing more....the initial d.a. felt there was no ground for an arrest. apparently anyone who disagrees with the protesters is incompetent.

Upvote 0

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
well thats you opinion, not mine. and apparently many others feel the same way, as he now has gotten more than 200,000.00 donated in his defense.

and you failed to add anything to the point i was trying to make, what is one supposed to do before the police show up? just sit down and shut up, while someone may be about to bust into someones house, or their own, with a knife or gun? do you think that this doesnt happen EVERYDAY in america? pray thats its never you or your family, cause apparently you think it ok to allow the suspect to do whatever he/she wants and regardless of the situation, we have the right to do nothing except wait for the cops....give me a break.
and the law in states with syg laws disagree with you also...so if you have a problem with it, which apparently you do, take it up with your congressmen.

and untill the laws are changed, the laws apply to all, equally, not just some.

I'm very familiar with the law. I live in south Florida and I stay armed. As to your hypothetical scenario my answer would be no. If someone is commiting a crime, you have the right and dare I say a duty, to intervene. But this is an irrelevant situation as Trayvon was committing no crime. Is a shoot first ask questions nation the world we want for us and our children? Do we want people to act as if a crime has been committed before one has actually been committed?

Upvote 0

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the prosecution is pandering to public pressure....nothing more....the initial d.a. felt there was no ground for an arrest. apparently anyone who disagrees with the protesters is incompetent.

The first officer on the scene disagreed as well and pursued a manslaughter charge for 2 weeks. Guess that was public pressure too.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

You must have some facts that I haven't seen yet. Can you tell me how you know Zimmerman should not be charged?

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

to what brief knowledge i have of it, i believe zimmerman had been doing the neigborhood watch thing, and had made many reports to 911/police in regards to people, activity in the area. dozens of reports, i believe it was something like 48 reports over the course of 8 years, or sometihng like that.

now if these figures are correct, and tmk, there has never been any prev..incidents of zimmerman taking physical action against one of these he reported, let alone shot at or killed anyone of them in prev...incidents...doesnt that say much about him....if he was such a racist and just out looking for trouble, why did it take 8 years before there was an incident such as this? i can assure you ,this will be brought up to the jury, and it certainly shows the opposite of what the majority views this case as.

it clearly shows to me that this case has nothing to do with race, and that zimmerman is telling the truth about what happened...at least at this point thats what i believe, that could change as evidence comes out...further i prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt, last i knew you were supposed to be innocent untill PROVEN guilty, apparently, as this thread and some of the posts shows.....some have already convicted zimmerman and thrown away the key.
oh, I see what you are saying. But it is true to say that Zimmerman made some 48 "Reports". Nothing in the Zimmerman's Neighborhood Watch past tells of him following a suspicious person while driving down the road, getting out of vehicle and still, on foot, follow alleged suspicious person. Then confront suspicious person and ask questions that is none of his business. So, that night, Zimmerman must have acted out of character, got himself into a jam and had to kill some one.
Sounds like manslaughter to me. But I really would like to hear what the evidence is from open court, then I think we all will be on the same page.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.