Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Kedoshim are holy ones, in Judaism they can be the angels or the righteous. We understand Messiah as HaZadik or the Righteous One. Judaism also recognizes him as HaBen Elokim, the son of G-d. Similarly Torah and the Prophets speak of beni elohim in relation to Israel. In fact in Judaism the term Son of G-d or beni Elohim is attributed equally to both Messiah and Israel.

Thank you for this knowledge.

This puts an interesting perspective to it: What does Judaism say about Isaiah 53? An interesting passage between the Holy One and Israel.

Upvote 0

TreWalker

Jewish Magen Am
Jul 20, 2019
Pacific Northwest
✟83,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for this knowledge.

This puts an interesting perspective to it: What does Judaism say about Isaiah 53? An interesting passage between the Holy One and Israel.
The Orthodox will only see the servant as Israel. Their eyes still can't accept that Israel and the Messiah are One. They struggle with the divine nature of Messiah even though our own Prophets and kabbalah express it explicitly. As in the ten sefirot.

Messianic Jews understand that Yeshua represents Israel and vice-versa. You cannot divide the two any more than you can Messiah Ben Joseph and Messiah Ben David.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
@HARK!,

Surely, sin is the absence of Good, hence, missing the mark as we are corrupt due to original sin! That is why I would say our Way, however we try, is not perfect, as there is only One who is perfect in Way, and that is Yashua.

The question of God's Sovereignty vs Free Will is very difficult for me to get my mind around, however, from what I have learned so far, I see it this way: That our Free Will works within God's Will rather than outside of it. As by the evidence of the word κύριος existing, that being Lord, which means "the authority to decide (I would argue fate)" and that we call Jesus Lord, that in our profession, the Lord is generous to His servants and makes them small "l" lords. As such, we work on behalf of God with our Free Will and no thing happens without God Willing it Himself. That is where the conundrum is. We still miss the mark.

Thanks for answering.

(CLV) Hb 5:8
even He also, being a Son, learned obedience from that which He suffered.

(CLV) Hb 5:9
And being perfected, He became the cause of eonian salvation to all who are obeying Him,

The mark can be thought of as the goal. Yahshua demonstrated that reaching goal is possible.

(CLV) 1Jn 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we may be keeping His precepts. And His precepts are not heavy,

(CLV) Dt 30:11
For this instruction that I am enjoining on you today, it is neither too difficult for you, nor is it too far off.

(CLV) 1Co 11:1
Become imitators of me, according as I also am of Christ.

We have fallen short; but that doesn't mean that we are to continue on that path.

Upvote 0

TreWalker

Jewish Magen Am
Jul 20, 2019
Pacific Northwest
✟83,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Return of the Kosher Pig is an excellent resource proving the Divine Nature of the Messiah in Talmudic sources. Written by Rabbi Itzhak Shapira. Very useful and very deep. Full on teaching from a Jewish Rabbi proving the validity of Yeshua from Jewish sources.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) Lk 1:5
There came to be, in the days of Herod, the king of Judea, a certain priest named Zechariah, of the routine of Abiah, and his wife, of the daughters of Aaron, and her name is Elizabeth.

(CLV) Lk 1:6
Now they were both just in front of God, going in all the precepts and just statutes of the Lord, blameless.

(CLV) Jb 1:1
There was a man in the land of Uz. Job was his name. This man was flawless and upright, fearing Elohim and keeping away from evil.

(CLV) Php 3:6
in relation to zeal, persecuting the ecclesia, in relation to the righteousness which is in law, becoming blameless.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
@HARK!,

Thank you for your posts and dictation of Scripture.

I have a question raised in a PM with someone. Maybe you can give me your take. I fail at even following the law that is written on my heart, my conscience. I ask God to forgive me, of course, but I am not perfect and I fail much. I could be reading the Bible right now. That might be better use of time (though I am learning here and that is good). If I, a gentile, cannot even keep the law that is written on my heart, How am I to keep the Torah?

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I am doing work on Biblical Anthropology.

In my system, I have 4 parts. I take my parts from the Greatest commandment, to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind.

Four parts.
The heart is the flesh, the body and its impulses. It is our physical nature.
The soul represented as the life, soul and spirit. The first person narrative, draw towards and against God and spiritual.
The mind is the intellect and the will. Our attention to understanding and setting goals.
The love, behaviors and communication. Anything we do that is tangible to others.

Is this accurate or what would you change?

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I have yet another question that came up for me recently.

John 1:13 (TLV) They were born not of a bloodline, nor of human desire, nor of man’s will, but of God.

Now, why are there this three categories "not born of"? What is desire if not man's will? Does desire represent impulse? Then why bloodline?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
@HARK!,

Thank you for your posts and dictation of Scripture.

I have a question raised in a PM with someone. Maybe you can give me your take. I fail at even following the law that is written on my heart, my conscience. I ask God to forgive me, of course, but I am not perfect and I fail much. I could be reading the Bible right now. That might be better use of time (though I am learning here and that is good). If I, a gentile, cannot even keep the law that is written on my heart, How am I to keep the Torah?

The Torah is YHWH's law. YHWH said that he would write his torah on our hearts.

(CLV) Jer 31:33
For this is the covenant which I shall contract with the house of Israel after those days, averring is Yahweh: I will put (My law) תורתי (torah of me) within them, And I shall write it on their heart; I will become their Elohim, And they shall become My people.

We are to pray incessantly. We are to be kadosh (holy) which means dedicated. We are to be dedicated to him. This calls for prayer. We are to live our lives as a prayer. This is relationship with him. This might take practice; but if we believe him; we will practice what he is telling us. When we dwell in where we are falling short; our minds are not dwelling on his esteem. It is a thought that was taken from him. We are to ever seek him. Who do you suppose would have you take your mind off of the one who loves you, the one that we are to be one with?

We are to love one another as Yahshua loves us. Ask this person, in his love for his brother (you), to encourage you in your loving relationship, in prayer, with our heavenly Father. Ask him for support in your betrothal to Yahshua; that you may be faithful to your bridegroom, until the consummation.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The Torah is YHWH's law. YHWH said that he would write his torah on our hearts.

(CLV) Jer 31:33
For this is the covenant which I shall contract with the house of Israel after those days, averring is Yahweh: I will put (My law) תורתי (torah of me) within them, And I shall write it on their heart; I will become their Elohim, And they shall become My people.

We are to pray incessantly. We are to be kadosh (holy) which means dedicated. We are to be dedicated to him. This calls for prayer. We are to live our lives as a prayer. This is relationship with him. This might take practice; but if we believe him; we will practice what he is telling us. When we dwell in where we are falling short; our minds are not dwelling on his esteem. It is a thought that was taken from him. We are to ever seek him. Who do you suppose would have you take your mind off of the one who loves you, the one that we are to be one with?

We are to love one another as Yahshua loves us. Ask this person, in his love for his brother (you), to encourage you in your loving relationship, in prayer, with our heavenly Father. Ask him for support in your betrothal to Yahshua; that you may be faithful to your bridegroom, until the consummation.

Indeed, I ask this.

The way you speak reminds me of this song.

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums