your thoughts on aliens/ extra terrestials?

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Jesus knew and acknowledged that people had to abide by the system that they lived in. He showed this when the pharisees tried to trick him about paying taxes to Caesar. He said give to Caesar what is Caesars and give to God what is Gods.

Right, So Joseph and Mary should have abided by Herod's wishes? Paul should have rebuked the angel freeing him from jail? Jesus should have agreed with the rulers he was demon possessed and a fraud? His disciples should have obeyed the laws and leaders and all betrayed Jesus who was a wanted man? Jesus should have surrendered to police after turning over money changers tables? People should receive the mark of the beast because it is mandatory by law? Moses should have been given up to be killed as a baby rather than secreted off to safety?

You are both right, plain and simple. We are to abide by the laws of the world's government, EXCEPT when they directly conflict with spiritual matters.

When my government tells me I have no right to pray wherever I want (such as in a school for example), that is no longer their domain, it is a spiritual matter and belongs to God. Neither should anyone be forced to pray that does not wish to do so. When they tell me I have to pay taxes, that is an earthly matter and I should pay.

If they want to tax a car they made, that is their right, they made it. Such is not in conflict with the meaning of what Jesus said at all.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are both right, plain and simple. We are to abide by the laws of the world's government, EXCEPT when they directly conflict with spiritual matters.
Says who? Verse? Is it a spiritual matter to not want to join a terror military and destroy the poor folks in villages and cities?? Is it a spiritual matter to not want to teach the filthy lifestyles of Sodom and Gomorrah to kids and everyone else in the world? I guess it depends on how one defines a 'spiritual' matter.

As for taxes, I suggest trying to pay as little as possible legally, because they use much of the money for evil.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Says who? Verse? Is it a spiritual matter to not want to join a terror military and destroy the poor folks in villages and cities?? Is it a spiritual matter to not want to teach the filthy lifestyles of Sodom and Gomorrah to kids and everyone else in the world? I guess it depends on how one defines a 'spiritual' matter.

As for taxes, I suggest trying to pay as little as possible legally, because they use much of the money for evil.
Plus you can use your vote, even though it doesn't count for much nowadays to vote out those who you believe are spending your taxes on evil things or wasting it on stupid things.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

When my government tells me I have no right to pray wherever I want (such as in a school for example), that is no longer their domain, it is a spiritual matter and belongs to God. Neither should anyone be forced to pray that does not wish to do so. When they tell me I have to pay taxes, that is an earthly matter and I should pay.

If they want to tax a car they made, that is their right, they made it. Such is not in conflict with the meaning of what Jesus said at all.
Well if we need a car to get around then we will have to pay the taxes for the road upkeep. If we dont then the roads become dangerous and cause accidents. So some are a necessity. Just like the taxes that will pay for the street upkeep and to take the rubbish away. Otherwise we will be living in a 3rd world conditions and the rubbish would be piling up in the streets.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Plus you can use your vote, even though it doesn't count for much nowadays to vote out those who you believe are spending your taxes on evil things or wasting it on stupid things.
I think we are way beyond that now. That is kind of like (as ol Bill Wattenburg says) a little boy peeing off a bridge into the Mississippi river, hoping he can make it change course.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think we are way beyond that now. That is kind of like (as ol Bill Wattenburg says) a little boy peeing off a bridge into the Mississippi river, hoping he can make it change course.
Well at least here in Australia we can still make a difference with our votes. Locally we can do it with different choices of candidates. Even federally there are parties who can hold the balance of power and exert pressure on the main parties. We just came out of a 3 year period where there was a minoity government and the balance of power was held by the 2 greens ministers and 3 independents. So those 5 people had as much power in deciding things as the whole of the main party which was labor.

But I do agree that there is not that much choice nowadays between a party that is bad and one that is even worse than that. They more or less say the same thing and push the same old policies that end up making things worse. The system is subject to corruption and influenced by power and money. People are put last and the jobs of politicians are the no 1 factor for motivating decisions.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well at least here in Australia we can still make a difference with our votes. Locally we can do it with different choices of candidates. Even federally there are parties who can hold the balance of power and exert pressure on the main parties. We just came out of a 3 year period where there was a minoity government and the balance of power was held by the 2 greens ministers and 3 independents. So those 5 people had as much power in deciding things as the whole of the main party which was labor.
I used to be prejudice against Aussies to a degree. It seems about every one I spoke to was a Darwinist or incredibly narrow minded. (and cheap)

Then I heard Hillsong, and that girl from New Zealand, Brook Fraser. Now I like Aussies and Kiwis:)

But I do agree that there is not that much choice nowadays between a party that is bad and one that is even worse than that. They more or less say the same thing and push the same old policies that end up making things worse. The system is subject to corruption and influenced by power and money. People are put last and the jobs of politicians are the no 1 factor for motivating decisions.
From a Christian perspective, they are far removed from the bible and racing to get further as fast as possible. That should help believers realize this world and the nations here are NOT our home or who we bear allegiance to.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I used to be prejudice against Aussies to a degree. It seems about every one I spoke to was a Darwinist or incredibly narrow minded. (and cheap)
Gee thanks a lot. There are good and not so good in all races but the important thing is to not assume we are all the same or stereotype people.

Then I heard Hillsong, and that girl from New Zealand, Brook Fraser. Now I like Aussies and Kiwis:)
I use to go to the church Brian Houston's dad use to run years ago when they first started in Sydney. They have come a long way sinse then.

From a Christian perspective, they are far removed from the bible and racing to get further as fast as possible. That should help believers realize this world and the nations here are NOT our home or who we bear allegiance to.
They make the same mistakes over and over again. Its the boom and bust cycle that will eventually come crashing down. The system in the end will fail because there is only one true way for success and that is Gods will.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gee thanks a lot. There are good and not so good in all races but the important thing is to not assume we are all the same or stereotype people.
Right. I am a kinder gentler person in that respect now:) Hey there are folks with prejudices against Americans..Russians..etc etc.

I use to go to the church Brian Houston's dad use to run years ago when they first started in Sydney. They have come a long way sinse then.
I don't know anything about church. I do love the music though:) Hearing great Christian music made me realize that many people of God live there also, so I cannot dislike them as a whole.

They make the same mistakes over and over again. Its the boom and bust cycle that will eventually come crashing down. The system in the end will fail because there is only one true way for success and that is Gods will.
OK. I suspect that demonic forces and agents also influence the powers that be here.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know anything about church. I do love the music though:) Hearing great Christian music made me realize that many people of God live there also, so I cannot dislike them as a whole.
I went years ago for a few times but now I live in Brisbane and go to different churches on occasions. I am a bit disabled so I dont get out as much as I use to apart from a couple of days work down the road at the local community center.

We had a few singers from the church do well on Australian Idol. Guy Sebastian was one, I dont know if you have heard of him. He does well in the main pop charts but still is a Christin and teaching music.
Guy Sebastian - Get Along - YouTube
OK. I suspect that demonic forces and agents also influence the powers that be here.
Well its just a doomed system. The poor get poorer and the rich get richer. Its all about money and power. While some get fat and rich and we throw away tons of food because it is excess or doesn't meet market expectations others stave to death in pain without as much as a bite to eat. Shocking and any system that allows that is a doomed system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I went years ago for a few times but now I live in Brisbane and go to different churches on occasions. I am a bit disabled so I dont get out as much as I use to apart from a couple of days work down the road at the local community center.

We had a few singers from the church do well on Australian Idol. Guy Sebastian was one, I dont know if you have heard of him. He does well in the main pop charts but still is a Christin and teaching music.
I would be surprised if I didn't like his stuff. I especially love Christian music where I sense that the singer (and back up preferably) is very serious and sincere, and even a little 'crazy'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-nd1nQgOr8
Well its just a doomed system. The poor get poorer and the rich get richer. Its all about money and power. While some get fat and rich and we throw away tons of food because it is excess or doesn't meet market expectations others stave to death in pain without as much as a bite to eat. Shocking and any system that allows that is a doomed system.

There is the natural decay of society and increasing sinfulness, yes. I was suggesting that actual agents of Satan, organizations, demons and people, were possibly an interesting part of the world system also. For example, (whether they are right about the particular groups or not) some feel that there is an occult connection to things like the Bilderburger group, or CFR, etc etc.

My point is that I suspect there is a direct influence by agents of the dark side, spiritual and physical, whether we know which groups are involved or not.

Upvote 0