your thoughts on aliens/ extra terrestials?

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,725.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Gallup poll of 2014 reported that 50% of of adults in the US accepted evolution and 42% believed in creationism.

The Pew poll of 12-2013 reported 61% accepted evolution and 33% creationism 12-13

The differences are attributable to different polling methods and are not seen as unusual.

With either one though, less than half (33% and 42%) believed in creationism.

World wide, the numbers look like this:

According to a 2011 IPSOS poll
Belief in Supreme Being(s) and Afterlife Accepted By Half (51%) of Citizens in 23 Country Survey, But Only 28% Are ‘Creationists’

41% identify as evolutionist
28% global citizens refer to themselves as creationists
31% simply don't know.

Here are some of the mainline denominations that accept evolution.
Catholic Church
Episcopal Church
Church of England
United Methodist Church
Presbyterian Church
National Council of Churches USA
The Church of the Nazarene

So your claim that the majority of Christians appears to be very unlikely.

Dizredux

Ipsos Global @dvisory: Supreme Being(s), the Afterlife and Evolution | Ipsos
Evolution, Creationism, Intelligent Design | Gallup Historical Trends
Public’s Views on Human Evolution | Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project

The survey doesn't clearly state if they were Christians or some other religion or if they were non believers. The questions also is some will believe that God started evolution by creating the conditions for life and it went on from there. Some believe the same but that God then had some other times where he intervened and created extra events. Some will believe the traditional 7 day creation and some the longer tradition creation. Some will believe a mixture of traditional creation but with evolution only within the same kind or gene pool. And there are various beliefs in between these. So the survey doesn't state which of these are.

The believers in evolution may be also the ones that believe in creation. But I agree there has been a shift towards evolution of some form. Thats is fair enough considering we know more now. But the jury is still out on some parts of evolution especially the Macro type from one unrelated kind/type/species.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Christ can only die and be raised from the dead into the right hand of God once.
Why? If God is omnipotent, he can do whatever he likes as often as he likes.

God wouldn't do it over and over again.
Again, why? Nothing in the Bible indicates that God can only save one of his created species.

It would be little the act itself.
Says who? And even if it does, who cares? We're talking about salvation from Hell, from an eternity of suffering.

If I had to be belittled, emasculated, humiliated, spat upon, beaten, whipped, and tortured, I would do so if it would prevent even one person from an eternity of suffering.

And when you think about it, isn't that exactly what Jesus did? Endure humiliation and torture so that we might be saved? If he has to do it a thousand times, saving one species at a time, I think Jesus would do it. To heck if it belittles the process - he's saving souls from damnation. That's the whole point.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's not the primary definition,,
Earth | Define Earth at Dictionary.com

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] the pit of the abyss (because the nether world is thought to increase in size the further it extends from the surface of the earth and so resemble a cistern, the orifice of which is narrow)"
[/FONT]
New Testament Greek - StudyLight.org

Re 5:3 - And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, most do (source):

evolution.gif

I see that when we get to Christians, the issue sorts out the men from the boys on matters of faith. The Rapture is not going to take all people in a denomination. Just the believers!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi everyone. I believe in aliens and at the moment I am unable to find that one quote in the bible that says something like "among the rulers of the worlds was Satan" so that is saying Satan rules this world so others rule other worlds. I have also read and seen enough evidence to believe in them. What do you guys think about them?

Edit okay not evidence. I meant testimonies and signs. Not pure evidence...

A near death experiencer stated that aliens were responsible for many of the miracles of the Bible.

"What about beings from other planets, do you think they visit here?

Yes I do. And I think those who have been permitted to cross over into our world have been doing so for a very long time now (for a very important purpose) as Divinely arranged by Heaven. Since my NDE, because of a few things I was shown, it is now my deep belief that some of the more phenomenal events depicted in the Old Testament (such as the Great flood of Noah, the parting of the Red Sea for Moses, the mass explosion of Sodom and Gomorrah, etc) are not only very true, but were moments in time which were orchestrated and performed by beings of a much higher order and intelligence than our ownwho may have volunteered their technology and understandings or even sent to help guide and shape a culture within humanity during a pressing time within its development and evolution." (Christian Andreason, chapter 2 of online book)

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The way I see it is that Christ died once and for all here on planet earth. If there were other people like us that can think and reason then God would have given them a soul as well. Then they would need salvation.

Ok, sound theology so far.

Christ can only die and be raised from the dead into the right hand of God once.

Why?

God wouldn't do it over and over again.

And who are you to tell God what He would or wouldn't do?

It would be little the act itself.

Perhaps in your eyes, but then again, Jesus didn't do it to impress you, did he?

If there were other worlds with other races, couldn't there be other saviors? Jesus was God's only begotten son insofar as he was fully human and fully divine, but on other worlds, being fully "human" wouldn't be necessary.

Besides, if God can be three people in one, why not more?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If unsaved, they could have gotten a message from a demon. Whoopee do.

Or possibly not, since Jesus can appear to the unsaved as well as the saved.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,725.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I tend to agree....at least not in THIS universe which will pass away. :)
Well if you believe some scientists there are multi universes. There are millions of other universes where a different me and you exist doing something slightly different. There are others where life never began and some where maybe other strange occurrences happened because the conditions were not quite the same as ours. Multi universes are hypothesized to address our universe which is finely tuned for life. Our conditions are so right for us that scientists say our universe much be one of millions to allow a universe like ours.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Or possibly not, since Jesus can appear to the unsaved as well as the saved.
He has that covered...an angel appearing from heaven or anyone else MUST preach the same gospel, or they are exposed as vile frauds.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well if you believe some scientists there are multi universes.
No. I don't believe them as far as I can throw them!

Some babble away saying one thing others cackle away saying another, and yet others make up some other sniveling story!

There are millions of other universes where a different me and you exist doing something slightly different. There are others where life never began and some where maybe other strange occurrences happened because the conditions were not quite the same as ours. Multi universes are hypothesized to address our universe which is finely tuned for life. Our conditions are so right for us that scientists say our universe much be one of millions to allow a universe like ours.
Utter rubbish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
He has that covered...an angel appearing from heaven or anyone else MUST preach the same gospel, or they are exposed as vile frauds.

Well, I guess that means many Christians are in trouble too, seeing as denominations don't necessarily preach the same things as each other

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, I guess that means many Christians are in trouble too, seeing as denominations don't necessarily preach the same things as each other
Many are!! Indeed. I heard a stat where something like only around half the denominations believed in the virgin birth! Many do not believe Jesus is God. I gave up on denominations, especially liberals long ago...totally. One church head rep I spoke to for example, informed me that they refused to show bible videos about Jesus to the kids in their church/Sunday schools etc..because they did not want Jesus portrayed as a MAN!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

If those "aliens" were acting on God's inspiration, with His approval, or even by His command, there'd be no conflict with the Gospel, now would there?

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,725.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No. I don't believe them as far as I can throw them!
I wouldn't be that extreme as science and scientists have brought us many good discoveries and things that make our life better. We trust in them for things like medical advancements so science plays an important part in our lives. Science itself is a method and that cant be faulted, its sometimes the people behind the science that should not always be trusted. Humans are susceptible to their own personal points of view and beliefs. They can be swayed and influenced by motives and preconceived ideas ingrained in them which can distort how they see things.

Utter rubbish.
I agree but this is the hypothesis they are coming up with to address what they are finding. To say that science bases itself in the mathematical and logical and provable things that can be tested its a far cry from that. It goes to show that we can use science to explain things to a point but then it cannot have the answers anymore. If they are proposing things like multi universes and string theory then to me they are willing to step outside the verifiable and testable and allow things that dont fit in with how they say science should conduct itself. I believe sooner or later they will be confronted with the truth that there is something at work in the universe and life that has an influence and intelligence and goes beyond the natural and self creating. That being a God who is the architect of the universe and life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0