Jul 9, 2005
✟9,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just love this thread...there is so much creativity! I enjoyed the posts about publishing alot! I have had a book idea for quite a while, started it....been working, off work for a while, and I thought where are those notes....problem is I'm stuck. I have alot of TEXT...good things. I can tell where one chapter could be, based on topic/but how do you wade thru to determine it? There is alot of editing involved I am sure, but how do I organize the text, any suggestions? I have tried a few. But thought you might have a better way of sorting out all the words and paper! :idea: It can be overwhelming. Thanks! Tamara77777

Tamara77777

Jul 9, 2005
✟9,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
rstrahan said:
What I have heard from people who have actually had books published, is to write a page a day, no matter what. You can always throw it out later, but write a page a day. You may actually find that you're creating other ideas that can be used elsewhere in the book or for another book.

Thanks good idea! Good way to start....refreshing....:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

lsholes

Jul 21, 2005
✟182.00
Faith
Christian
Think about where your story (I assume this if fiction) begins, where does the story really start--not backstory, but the real tale. That's your beginning and we often start stories in the wrong place. Then, think about how the story resolves--what conflict is resolved. That's the end. Now go back and decide the steps you must take to get there. Always look at the end before the middle, that will guide you. Also, try making a timeline with plot points on it. If I can be of more help, please let me know. You can send an email if you like.
lynn@grailconspiracy.com
www.grailconspiracy.com

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This might be nutty, but I had to create some visuals for myself.
I thought of making clay characters, but ended up just writing a descriptive page for each character. I took photos of places that reminded me of scenes. I kept a map. Then I got obessive, and started looking up moon and tide charts and local flora/fauna, and anything else that I would loosely throw into the book. Some of these facts drove my stories.

Upvote 0

Tamara77777

Jul 9, 2005
✟9,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lsholes said:
Think about where your story (I assume this if fiction) begins, where does the story really start--not backstory, but the real tale. That's your beginning and we often start stories in the wrong place. Then, think about how the story resolves--what conflict is resolved. That's the end. Now go back and decide the steps you must take to get there. Always look at the end before the middle, that will guide you. Also, try making a timeline with plot points on it. If I can be of more help, please let me know. You can send an email if you like.
lynn@grailconspiracy.com
www.grailconspiracy.com

Thank you...I appreciate you sharing will check the links!

Upvote 0

Tamara77777

Jul 9, 2005
✟9,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
heron said:
This might be nutty, but I had to create some visuals for myself.
I thought of making clay characters, but ended up just writing a descriptive page for each character. I took photos of places that reminded me of scenes. I kept a map. Then I got obessive, and started looking up moon and tide charts and local flora/fauna, and anything else that I would loosely throw into the book. Some of these facts drove my stories.

Wow! That is cool! clay characters would take me the rest of my life! HEEHEE...
I am not an artist...I would have stick men/woman...

That is a very good idea...I don't have any characters, but I do have places and descriptive, it is sort of an allegory...using a topic to reach into the deeper place of the heart. If that makes sense without saying anything. I think that is where I have gotten is in the obessive part...and because it is so indepth, I have gotten lost! But I am a detailed sort of person and probably should punt back, set some parmeters and start again.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Upvote 0