Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Uliania Zhuravchak left her hometown of Skhidnytsia, Ukraine, years ago, but even then, the war was already starting. She arrived in Krakow, Poland, in 2015 to serve on the World Youth Dayorganizing committee. She continues to live and work in Krakow, where she serves as an expert on Ukraine for the Knights of Columbus. Zhuravchak helps facilitate communication as a translator and builds relationships for the Knights with local Ukrainian humanitarian and religious groups.

As the second anniversary of the Russian invasion of Ukraine approaches, Uliania was inspired to write a novena to turn the world’s eyes to what she has witnessed. She told Our Sunday Visitor, “When the idea for distributing a novena came up, I immediately felt that I had something that I wanted to share.” Beginning today, Catholics throughout the world can join in the initiative of prayer, begging the Lord to bring healing and peace to war-torn Ukraine.

But first, meet Uliana, the inspiring Ukrainian Greek Catholic who wants to lead a revolution of prayer.

This interview has been edited for length and clarity.

Our Sunday Visitor: Uliana, what was it like for you to make the decision to leave Ukraine?​

Continued below.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married