Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you are looking at picking up a bachelor's degree I would strongly advise you not to go to Central Penn College near Harrisburg, PA! It may be a scam! I went there and I did not realize what was happening at first, by the time I realized what was happening I was committed and had to finish, it was too late to transfer. Had I transferred I would have been out of like $20,000. There are a number of things wrong with this place. First of all the school is very expensive, it is like $25,000/year but the facilities are a dump, not up to par. Academically the school is a shoe-in, a cakewalk, a walk in the park. My dog could make it through there! Also all of the professors are incompetent, at first I thought I just got a bad professor but later on I realized that they were all like that! Another thing- the only dining facility on campus is a little cafe, the quality of the food there is good but the cafe is almost never open! It is totally shut down on tuesdays and thursdays, closed the whole day, on tuesdays and thursdays students are expected to buy their own food at the grocery store and prepare it themselves! On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and Saturdays and Sundays dinner is served from 4:00pm-6:30pm, if the students are hungry after 6:30pm they are on their own, they have to either go to Sheetz or raid the vending machine! Another thing- if you go down there you will get bad vibes from the campus, there is something off about the atmosphere. Also you will notice there is something suspicious about the way some of the faculty are acting, they may be in on the scam! I would avoid this place like the plague, you may want to warn everyone you know not to go there! Thankfully I was able to go to RIT for grad school after Central Penn and that made up for Central Penn. Had RIT known what Central Penn was like they might not have let me in but they did let me in and I did make it through. I did not learn anything at Central Penn, not a thing, but I did learn alot at RIT. The only reason I went to Central Penn was that I would not have been welcome anywhere else, I might have gotten beat-up by the younger students at other schools, people not of traditional age are not welcome at many schools, alot of people work and go to Central Penn part-time, older students are welcome there.

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Wikipedia (Central Penn College - Wikipedia) tells me that Central Penn College is a for-profit college, which is a red flag for me. A safer choice would be one of the many traditional non-profit schools in Pennsylvania.

I'm sorry about your unfortunate experience!

Upvote 0