Visit site
✟5,275.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I chose “Jedi” for a couple of reasons. The first is that it’s associated with those light saber-swinging good-guys in Star Wars (too cool), but Jedi is also a title Hebrew in origin and means “Beloved by God.” So it has a nice double-reference. Bet you didn’t know that about Star Wars, huh? :)

This is also not to mention that I think of our current situation here on earth similar to Star Wars. You have the Christians (Jedi), who feel the force (God), wield light sabers (the word of God), who go to church (Jedi Temples), and so on. But then there’s a flip side, and we have those who oppose Christianity, the non-believers (the Sith), who attack Christians and have their own atheistic, philosophical literature to use as weapons (their light sabers), and it seems their driving force is their intellectual pride (pride being the dark side of the force).

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by daughter of the king
daughter of the king because i am a princess!!!!!! the bible says that God is the king and the bible says that dat we are gods children, so that makes me a child of the king!!! Princess Lizzie!!

LOL....you sound like my daughter...LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stillsmallvoice

The Narn rule!
May 8, 2002
Maaleh Adumim, Israel
Visit site
✟18,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Hi all!

I took mine from the lesson that God taught Elijah in I Kings 19:11-12.

And He said: 'Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord.' And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.

I wonder if these verses inspired Stephen Crane to write The livid lightnings flashed in the clouds:

The livid lightnings flashed in the clouds;
The leaden thunders crashed.
A worshipper raised his arm.
"Hearken! Hearken! The voice of God!"

"Not so," said a man.
"The voice of God whispers in the heart
So softly
That the soul pauses,
Making no noise,
And strives for these melodies,
Distant, sighing, like faintest breath,
And all the being is still to hear."

Be well!

ssv :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CJF

...love alters not...
Feb 26, 2002
United States of America
Visit site
✟15,250.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mine is kinda self explanetory. But, DARRION is a girl in the Left Behind Kids series, and S stands for Stahley, DARRION's lat name, so I am DARRIONS.

It's not DARRION S. LIke if my name was Lilly and my last name was Peterson, they'd say Lilly P. That's not was it is. it's just DARRIONS. Like more than one. Get it?

Upvote 0