Nashville, TN, USA
✟15,445.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There's no deep meaning behind mine. When I first had to create a username for a computer years ago, the first thing that came to my mind was chrono, the Latin work for time. That was already taken, so I had to drop the "h." I've stuck with it in some form or another ever since.

I sometimes go by my swing name "Hipster" but only on dance-related message boards.

Upvote 0

EspressoDuck

EspressoDuck, not ExpressDuck.
Jun 1, 2002
School
Visit site
✟9,575.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well....most people know I absolutely ADORE Lord of the Rings, and especially Frodo/Elijah Wood. If you go to www.BarrowDowns.com, there is a name generator, where you can get your hobbit, elf, dwarf, and orc name. The first time I went there, Celandine Brownlock was my hobbit name. I made it my username, because I think Celandine (sell-end-deen) is a really pretty name. I changed the Brownlock to Baggins, because I adore Frodo Baggins. Make sense?

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2002
Canada
✟35,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mine is a Scripture verse, John 20:7. It was common practice for carpenters in Jesus' time to fold a face-towel or cloth and lay it over a completed piece of work, to show illiterate passersby that it was paid for and ready for delivery. When Peter arrived at Jesus' empty tomb, he found His face-cloth folded and laying on the place where His life's work had been completed, to show that was indeed, finished.

That's what my verse is, " . . . And the handkerchief [face cloth] that had been around His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but folded together in a place by itself." That's also what my sub-title means.

The reason it's in this format is because a chat-site I used to be a member at, the old ChristChat, didn't allow punctuation in their usernames, otherwise it would have been Jn_20:7.  It stuck this way, and I've used this at Christian sites from that day to this! 

I have many MANY! other usernames at various websites I go to.  Almost a different name for each one!  I am glendon_f on MSN, in the past I have been GutlessWonder, CardenDaRed, Twitchett (but I don't use any of these three anymore), I am iicapn on WinMX and KaZaa, I have been ZippytheWonderSlug (dinkime might remember that one from Wendy's EZ board!!)  I am WhiteSugar at a Survivor fansite I go to, yet another one at ANOTHER fansite I go to..... oy!! What an identity crisis!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quiet Storm

Back in Shepherd's arms
Aug 19, 2002
Howard University
Visit site
✟1,269.00
Faith
Christian
Awww, I was thinking about posting a topic like this! Oh well. I chose Quiet Storm because in a setting, unless I'm really comfortable around certain people, I'm usually more reserved, but when I have something to say, a lot of times, it comes out to be thought provoking questions, or admirable advice (something powerful like a "storm" I suppose you could say). I kind of look at in another way, now in addition to the first. Concerning my faith, it's nice to look at it as being a silent warrior for Christ. Being that I've never been one to shout or holler, but I pray silently, enjoy His presense silently, etc. So you can look at it as either or. :)

Upvote 0

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
I chose mine because there's a soft toy shark on my bed and i though, Meh, why not? SHARKY! :D

Nothing real behind but it really matches up with the though of not judging something by it's cover. That's my thought on media hyped vicious sharks :). Also my look in real life. I do look like a jailbird or a psycho but i'm really nice actually :). Probably why thugs don't try to rob me :D

Upvote 0

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Quiet Storm
Awww, I was thinking about posting a topic like this! Oh well. I chose Quiet Storm because in a setting, unless I'm really comfortable around certain people, I'm usually more reserved, but when I have something to say, a lot of times, it comes out to be thought provoking questions, or admirable advice (something powerful like a "storm" I suppose you could say). I kind of look at in another way, now in addition to the first. Concerning my faith, it's nice to look at it as being a silent warrior for Christ. Being that I've never been one to shout or holler, but I pray silently, enjoy His presense silently, etc. So you can look at it as either or. :)

Your name certainly matches you too :).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AnnMercy2

Goofball
Aug 18, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
✟4,976.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, forum name has three parts/meanings:

First one is my name is Anna, so that's Ann

Second one is my cat's name is Mercybaby, that's the first meaning for mercy

Third is I'm always asking the Lord for mercy, so put it together you get AnnMercy2, which sounds like "and mercy too".

I prayed about my name and that is what the Lord gave me :clap:

Upvote 0

Neeter

no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Oct 25, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟367.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mine is pretty simple too.
My real name is Nita, and everyone that knows and loves me calls me Neeter. I happen to have asthma and my much older sister has added to it by calling me Neeter Weezer.

Ok, Jagsayon.... is your first name Jason? or Jay?

Upvote 0