Your current relationship vs being single?

Bunnymedic

I'm in love with a Weasel
Jan 4, 2006
Virginia
Visit site
✟9,020.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Being in a relationship hands down!
There is absolutely nothing better than being with your soul mate.Nothing.
Being single is a little fun at first,but it gets old REALLY quickly.Next thing you know,you are out 'looking' again.

I mean,think about it...
what do all your single friends spend all their time doing?
Trying to find someone.
Being single isnt all people try to make it out to be.
There are only so may parties and get togethers,only so many 'girls nights out' you can go to.After a while you realize that you dont feel 'whole' without that special someone there.There's something missing.....that something is the person God has for you.Unless you are called to celibacy,I think its true for everyone.

Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is certainly much better :thumbsup: than being single.

Though it is only so because of the real care and bond that exists between us.

It is hard for me because I am such an independent person, and as this is my first relationship, I am still getting to grips with how some of my priorities are really changing. They are no longer focused on me but they are changing so a lot of the time they are focused on him.

I suppose this is what God meant when he says that marriage is supposed to be a small glimpse of his love for us- that it is focused on bettering us rather than himself.

Upvote 0

ItalianAngel

~Angels watching over me...~
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2006
dividing my time between Pittsburgh, PA & McFarlan
Visit site
✟30,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Being in the relationship I am now is far better than being single. When I was single, I longed to be in a relationship and now that I am in one, I don't long to be single again. ;)

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I like being in a relationship better than being single, but it doesn't seem extremely different to me yet. I guess that is because we were friends first and also because it is a new relationship and long distance. The main thing that is different now is that I am trying to have time with him every day even when I am really busy with school and other things. When we were "just friends", if I had a big assignment to work on, that basically meant we wouldn't be chatting that day.

Upvote 0

somethingBEAUTIFUL

Feb 25, 2007
Alabama
✟8,532.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I honestly enjoyed being single when I was. But, that was after I'd gotten out of a long-term relationship that was going nowhere. In the time that I was single, I grew in many ways- in my faith and relationship with God, in my independence and becoming more outgoing, building closer relationships with my friends...and I wouldn't change that for the world.
I think it all helped to prepare me for THIS relationship. To be the girlfriend/future wife I'm supposed to be. Because now that I am with Andy, I never wanna be single again. He inspires me in so many ways, makes such a positive impact on my life!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miss_klara

Old Married Woman
Apr 28, 2005
Perth
Visit site
✟2,751.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if anyone who's in a relationship would say "I'd rather be single" LOL. God has blessed me so much through my relationship with Chris. It's not just lovey feelings that I've discovered. I've definitely grown as a person, changed my priorities, etc. Chris and I have been joined at the hip since our first week together, and while I certainly enjoy my 'me' time every now and then, as well as girls' nights out and stuff, just the knowledge that I've got a man, who's arms I fit into perfectly, makes me feel whole...

Upvote 0

none the wiser

Legend. Seriously, ask anyone.
May 17, 2005
✟42,452.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Married
How does it compare? Better, worse, same? Weigh the pros and cons, and tell me why you answered in whatever direction you choose.

Sooooo much better. I love having a companion. And the unconditional love...sigh. lol

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the relationship weren't better than being single, I wouldn't be in the relationship. ;)

But that's a function of this particular relationship, you know? When I was single, I wasn't pining away to be dating someone. If it's not the right "someone," then I'd rather not bother. :p

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How does it compare? Better, worse, same? Weigh the pros and cons, and tell me why you answered in whatever direction you choose.
definitely better! i love having him as my best friend and wouldn't change anything for the world (with the exception of moving us closer to one another ;))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
I

ImperialPhantom

I don't know if anyone who's in a relationship would say "I'd rather be single" LOL...
Oh I've talked to a few. Mostly they were in real life though, because in real life, I completely ignore what they say, and I read their tonality and body language when they say it. Either that or they told me via IM, when it was confidential.

Upvote 0