Young girl couldn't take it anymore, so...

K

Kingsdotter

And what would you have advised your sister if someone like the bully in this video had put her in a coma? Because your sister feared your scolding more than she valued saving her own God given life by fighting for it.

Do you advise we let the devil take from us that what the father bestowed?

What if the other kids in the video had joined in the fight and beaten up or even stabbed the bullied girl? Some kids have lossed their lives fighting back. Most times gangs don't let you get away so easily, she took a big risk, she can't possibly fight them all off, can she? I know she is a child, but most times it's just best and safer to walk away. I have personally learnt how effective prayer is in such situations. Fighting tends to aggravate things. The best thing she could have done was to walk away, and involve an adult or two later on.

Upvote 0

thatforumguy77

Random Person
Nov 5, 2013
✟8,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Use this as a guideline: What makes you sin more - being bullied or being a bully? And yes, I was bullied as a child. By someone and his gang five times bigger than I am, and a whole lot older. Their boss knew boxing. Another guy who bullied me knew taekwondo. So yea, they hit hard. I learned martial arts to defend myself. I only struck back once, and hurt him real bad, and that moment haunts me more today than the many times I was struck. It all depends on you though - someone told me I had a gentle spirit, so maybe that's why it affects me so much. But I sincerely think that striking someone MUST AFFECT you, spiritually, or you'll risk your own spirit, your Christ-likeness and the authenticity of your own testimony. Imho, violence against a bro or sis is NEVER the answer. More so, it is NEVER FUNNY. And no, unless that was a dry joke or something, Christ would never bully someone... what Bible are you reading?

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Look at the whole scene. These kids have nothing better to do than pick fights over shoes? You can call it what you want, but I call it a bunch of kids YOU need to stay away from. Those kids are no good, period.

Hang out with Christian kids, and I seriously doubt you'll have that problem.

I doubt she was hanging out them it appeared she just got out of school.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What if the other kids in the video had joined in the fight and beaten up or even stabbed the bullied girl? Some kids have lossed their lives fighting back. Most times gangs don't let you get away so easily, she took a big risk, she can't possibly fight them all off, can she? I know she is a child, but most times it's just best and safer to walk away. I have personally learnt how effective prayer is in such situations. Fighting tends to aggravate things. The best thing she could have done was to walk away, and involve an adult or two later on.

Those kids would have never left her alone she would have been a target her entire life. I guarantee that these children will never bother this girl again. The reality is if you are scared to stand up then you will always sit down.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 5:16
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Matthew 5:38-41
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
41 And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.

Matthew 5:44-45
44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45 that you may be sons
(and daughters) of your Father in heaven...

Ephesians 4:31-32
31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.

No believer should ever act in the manner of the girl who was "bullied" in this video. That she snapped and went to town on the bully shows weakness on her part, not strength.

Selah.

Upvote 0

Billy Bayou

Aug 7, 2013
✟15,388.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I know it's not Christian, however, many times in my life and in others, a bully will continue to bully through all the cheek turning. Sometimes it will label you as an easy mark as well. I took a lot of crap due to my small size growing up. One out of ten times I retaliated. Most of my scraps came from protecting my younger brother. I knew how much I could take but "nobody" hurt my brother. I took on bullies that had been bullying me for years, guys I would just walk away from, but touch my brother and you got my wrath.

Funny, I usually came out on top while protecting my brother, go figure..

I do believe that God always gives you a way out in any situation. Could it be that your way out, in some cases, is to teach a bully a lesson by tuning them up?????

I have seen many a bully change their tune, walk and attitude after a good butt kick'n.

Upvote 0

avillarini

Sep 12, 2012
New York
✟15,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hate these videos, and I hate this culture. I don't go on facebook and most other social media because of the acclaim these videos receive. Its sad that people find these videos entertaining. I come from the South Bronx in NY and grew up seeing things like this everyday. At what point will people stop and realize how wrong this is? I pray that when I have children of my own I can raise them far away from this culture and lifestyle

Upvote 0
K

Kingsdotter

I don't think self defense is necessarily "sinful" if it involves physical action. If a child has a dozen kids beating the tar out of him and he's looking at winding up with a fractured skull or broken jaw, and he lashes out to punch or kick in defense, is he sinning? IMHO, no. It's different if you're talking about someone with a violent spirit who enjoys inflicting pain on others. Totally different thing. By the logic of some of these replies, if an intruder broke into your house and was standing over your wife or daughter, intending to rape them, you'd stand there and "turn the other cheek" and say "God bless you" because to attack the intruder would be wrong. There IS a call sometimes for defense of the defenseless.

When I was a teenager, I had such an experience like the one you described in your post. I had been receiving counsel from a christian brethren who I trusted because I thought he was a real christian but I was wrong. One day we were alone in his house, when he suddenly pounced on me and tried to rape me. He was huge, strong and well built, while I was only a kid (I had also been sick). Then suddenly without even having to struggle I heard a voice within me say "Tell him you want to throw up" when I said those words he left me to check if his toilet was clean, that was how I ran away, of cause he came after me, but the same voice told me exactly which door I needed to unlock and exactly what I needed to do and thankfully, I got away.
There is no situation or circumstance that God cannot rescue us from.
"Our help is in the name of the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth" Psalm 124:8

Upvote 0

Lovely Jar

Pray Out Loud
Jun 24, 2013
✟2,238.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bullies must be crushed with an iron fist. That's what Jesus would do. Before anyone accuses me of violence, let it be known that I am somewhat of a pacifist.
True.

This girl was outnumbered by thugs on the sidewalk and thugs rolling beside her in a car filming the whole thing.
She was outnumbered whether she continued to take it or fight back. These animals, and animals best describes them, were even making fun of her home!
They know where she lives.
Does anyone think they're beyond assaulting her family or burning her house down if they're of a mind?

I love that she sucker punched that mouthy creature. Beautiful! Had her curled up in a fetal position while beating the bejesus out of her face. Beat them until they stop moving!
Sending the message to the rest of the animals watching that this victim fights back.

People who don't encounter animals like those in the video have to understand, they're cowards! Straight up deep yellow. That's why they travel in packs.
Every person in that video that harassed this young girl is a potential future prisoner. They're indecent. Not only do they have the potential to kill you but every last one that witnessed it would never turn in your assailant because of the Don't Snitch rule that governs the hood.

I absolutely do not believe in turn the other cheek when someone physically assaults me. I go with the old axiom, if someone smites you in one cheek, smash them down.

Offensive people don't respect passivity. They exploit it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those kids would have never left her alone she would have been a target her entire life. I guarantee that these children will never bother this girl again. The reality is if you are scared to stand up then you will always sit down.

This is a crucial point. Kids who don't stand up for themselves, and can't find an adult to stand up for them, will be bullied until they are desperate, and these are the kids who reach for guns, or start cutting themselves, or otherwise descend into misery. You CANNOT reason with a bully; they don't CARE that they're causing pain. You can only put them in their place, that is the only solution. Sure, the ideal outcome would be that they have some sort of flowery, sunshiney revelation about their actions, and their entire heart and personality changes instantly, and they never want to hurt anyone else, ever again. Not. Going. To. Happen.

One key thing that we MUST be aware of, is that a child who defends themself as a last resort against a bully is not engaging in violence for violence' sake. You cannot put them on the same level as an aggressive, vicious kid who takes out their own misery on other people. They are two entirely different creatures. The Bible never says to not get angry, not seek justice, or not use violence when you have no other option. Even Jesus used vicious words against the Pharisees, and even He put his hands out and showed righteous violence against the money-changers in the temple, by flipping their tables over! There IS a time and a place to stand up, speak out, and yes, even use your physical strength to take a stand against evil.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hate these videos, and I hate this culture. I don't go on facebook and most other social media because of the acclaim these videos receive. Its sad that people find these videos entertaining. I come from the South Bronx in NY and grew up seeing things like this everyday. At what point will people stop and realize how wrong this is? I pray that when I have children of my own I can raise them far away from this culture and lifestyle

I hate it, too. The question isn't whether we hate violence/bullying or not, because I think ALL of us would say that we do. The question is, is there a point where self defense is justified?

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Matthew 5:16
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Matthew 5:38-41
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
41 And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.

Matthew 5:44-45
44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45 that you may be sons
(and daughters) of your Father in heaven...

Ephesians 4:31-32
31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.

No believer should ever act in the manner of the girl who was "bullied" in this video. That she snapped and went to town on the bully shows weakness on her part, not strength.

Selah.

Matthew 26:52
King James Version (KJV)
52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Upvote 0
K

Kingsdotter

This is a crucial point. Kids who don't stand up for themselves, and can't find an adult to stand up for them, will be bullied until they are desperate, and these are the kids who reach for guns, or start cutting themselves, or otherwise descend into misery. You CANNOT reason with a bully; they don't CARE that they're causing pain. You can only put them in their place, that is the only solution. Sure, the ideal outcome would be that they have some sort of flowery, sunshiney revelation about their actions, and their entire heart and personality changes instantly, and they never want to hurt anyone else, ever again. Not. Going. To. Happen.

One key thing that we MUST be aware of, is that a child who defends themself as a last resort against a bully is not engaging in violence for violence' sake. You cannot put them on the same level as an aggressive, vicious kid who takes out their own misery on other people. They are two entirely different creatures. The Bible never says to not get angry, not seek justice, or not use violence when you have no other option. Even Jesus used vicious words against the Pharisees, and even He put his hands out and showed righteous violence against the money-changers in the temple, by flipping their tables over! There IS a time and a place to stand up, speak out, and yes, even use your physical strength to take a stand against evil.

Bullies bully because they want to see you react. They want to see anger, pain, misery e.t.c. You only give them what they want when you react to them. Exercising self control by walking away is the greatest form of self-defence you can implore in this situation. She showed her weakness(anger) by fighting, now they know she is capable of this reaction, next time, they may be more prepared for her. Like I said before, she was lucky things ended this way, it wouldn't always end this way if she keeps reacting like this. Let's stop preaching violence. As christians God's methods are always best. Walking away would have shown self-control and maturity, most of all it would have shown obedience to God.

Upvote 0

NewUser777

Aug 31, 2011
✟9,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Completely agree.

I want nothing to do with "hiphop".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bullies bully because they want to see you react. They want to see anger, pain, misery e.t.c. You only give them what they want when you react to them. Exercising self control by walking away is the greatest form of self-defence you can implore in this situation. She showed her weakness(anger) by fighting, now they know she is capable of this reaction, next time, they may be more prepared for her. Like I said before, she was lucky things ended this way, it wouldn't always end this way if she keeps reacting like this. Let's stop preaching violence. As christians God's methods are always best. Walking away would have shown self-control and maturity, most of all it would have shown obedience to God.

Sorry, but I totally disagree, and I speak from experience. It's true that some bullies may want retribution for a victim who tries to fight back, but the rule of human behavior is that an attacker is always more likely to back down if their victim tries to fight back or defend themselves. It's the truth and there is no getting around that. Many a child has been bullied into depression, self-harm, and even suicide, by just "walking away" and suffering inexplicable pain inside over months or even years.

No one here is "preaching violence". We're preaching protection and defense of the innocent, and only after all other options have been exhausted (at least, that's how I see it).

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
King James Version (KJV)
52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Amen, Avniel. If violence is your typical MO, don't be surprised when you reap what you sow. Should someone who claims to be a follower of Christ be the "sword" by which the violent perish? I don't think so. We are to be "kind, tenderhearted, forgiving one another," not layin' a beat-down on every nasty, obnoxious person we encounter.

Selah.

Upvote 0
K

Kingsdotter

Sorry, but I totally disagree, and I speak from experience. It's true that some bullies may want retribution for a victim who tries to fight back, but the rule of human behavior is that an attacker is always more likely to back down if their victim tries to fight back or defend themselves. It's the truth and there is no getting around that. Many a child has been bullied into depression, self-harm, and even suicide, by just "walking away" and suffering inexplicable pain inside over months or even years.

No one here is "preaching violence". We're preaching protection and defense of the innocent, and only after all other options have been exhausted (at least, that's how I see it).

Alright then, you can teach your kids to fight back, I'll teach my future kids to act with self-control in all situations. God bless.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
King James Version (KJV)

Amen, Avniel. If violence is your typical MO, don't be surprised when you reap what you sow. Should someone who claims to be a follower of Christ be the "sword" by which the violent perish? I don't think so. We are to be "kind, tenderhearted, forgiving one another," not layin' a beat-down on every nasty, obnoxious person we encounter.

Selah.

However we also need to remember "Then said he to them, But now, he that has a purse, let him take it, and likewise his money: and he that has no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." There is a time for peace and a time for war, certainly. Jesus told His him to put up his sword but he also told him to carry one. It wasn't the time for violence, people seem to think Jesus was anti-violence....He certainly was and is not.

Upvote 0