You may be in a cult if

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I call the anti-vaxxers the 'pro-lifers'.

Since the word 'vaccine' derives from 'cow' (vaca), shouldn't the pro-vaxxers be called 'the udders'?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You self-identify with the words Vaxxed or Unvaxxed (in all their permutations) and identify everyone else as "the others".

I am confident that those are the only two groups that exist.
There are no others.

Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Secular cult opponents belonging to the anti-cult movement usually define a "cult" as a group that tends to manipulate, exploit, and control its members. Specific factors in cult behaviour are said to include manipulative and authoritarian mind control over members, communal and totalistic organization, aggressive proselytizing, systematic programs of indoctrination, and perpetuation in middle-class communities."
Cult - Wikipedia

I definitely see a lot of similarities with cults.

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
perpetuation in middle-class communities.

That's an odd one.
I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop on this thread.
I smell an agenda baking in the oven but I can't tell if it's apple or lemon pie or pistachio nut.

Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's an odd one.
I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop on this thread.
I smell an agenda baking in the oven but I can't tell if it's apple or lemon pie or pistachio nut.
I don't know why they said middle-class communities, I just thought I give the full sentence of the quote.

Personally, I'm vaxx-neutral but anti-vaxx-mandate. Unfortunately, I don't trust anyone's data because the cultish nature of this debate makes me question everyone's objectivity and honesty. It may take years before I can trust the news on this issue.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I don't know why they said middle-class communities, I just thought I give the full sentence of the quote.

Personally, I'm vaxx-neutral but anti-vaxx-mandate. Unfortunately, I don't trust anyone's data because the cultish nature of this debate makes me question everyone's objectivity and honesty. It may take years before I can trust the news on this issue.

If you think COVID-19 vaccine studies by the National Institutes of Health and drug companies who make them are not 100% factual, that is your problem. They only report the raw data. The biased political news media incorrectly uses it to push its anti-vaccine agenda. Go straight to the sources of vaccine studies.

I am totally pro-vaccine and cannot understand why anyone who has no problem getting flu, tetanus, and chickenpox/shingles vaccines refuses to get one for COVID-18.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It does seem cultish because the two categories aren't even adequate as there are many in-between and we have no description for them. For example, the last I saw there were about 74% vaxed with one dose, 63% with two, and 11% with two and a booster. So what would we call those who start down the road, but drop out? And notice, the longer the road gets, the more drop out. Are they now anti-vaxxers?

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like you are in Cult A and against Cult B.

Talking to me? Quote the post you are replying to.

Wanting everyone to get vaccinated is just being smart. Refusing to get vaccinated is just being stupid. It has nothing to do with cults.

Upvote 0