Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm okay with protesters no matter if I agree or not. America was pretty much founded on rebellion against government and protests and most of our social changes for the better started with people protesting (votes for women, and civil rights; for example).
But do remember that America was founded on rebellion against a foreign government but not against the established values of society. As with the famous issue of taxation without representation, the complaint was that the colonists were not being treated by England as Englands own laws required.

That is quite different from the protesters who are in the news now, who want to overturn our democracy, overturn all cultural norms, and increase governments hold on the people.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL so it wasn't the "bad" kind of rebellion because they thought they were being treated unfairly and it's the kind you agree with? Thanks for clearing that up!

I still support protests even if I don't agree with the issue b/c I support freedom of speech and the right to assemble. Those things that are fundamentally American and in our governing document.
I do not support the right to protest being taken away or discouraged by people in power. I think that is scary for all of us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let us not forget that some of these protests in the last year or so have destroyed a lot of personal property.

There ain't no right to do that.

M-Bob

No one said there was a right to destroy property. That is not a protected right (nor should it be). However the Boston Tea Party was basically vandalism to someone else's personal property. The Sons of Liberty also looted, thieved , vandalized property, were responsible for arson, and assaulted those they disagreed with politically.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No one said there was a right to destroy property. That is not a protected right (nor should it be). However the Boston Tea Party was basically vandalism to someone else's personal property. The Sons of Liberty also looted, thieved , vandalized property, and assaulted those they disagreed with politically.

As Trump would say the English were ripping us off on the Tea. Different situation today these guys seem to be anti-government.

That Tea Party idea flew in here from Left Field -- Good throw.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Kiterius

CF's Favorite Member
Dec 24, 2016
Earth
✟32,893.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Protesters that want to get rid of ICE and be sure that their abortion-rights are in order.

I can post a link but, if there was any background cussing in the video I would be in trouble again I hate that.

M-Bob

I have to stand against getting rid of ICE. I love a cold drink in the hot summertime.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You support vandalism of property when you agree with the protesters? Trump has never commented on the Boston Tea Party (that I know of) so why would you make up a quote from him about it? People are still allowed to protest even if you don't agree with them- no matter if they are anti -gov't or not. Those rights aren't going away nor should they. Violent protests have always been a part of our country. It wasn't right then; and it's not right now- no matter the slant of the issue. If you are going to make the claim that protests TODAY are not biblical or nice then it does make sense to look into the past of this country or the very beginning and see how we started out. Pouring boiling tea down someone's throat in protest or burning down their offices isn't very biblical either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have to stand against getting rid of ICE.

105 degrees today we also like ICE.

I don't want MS-13 moving in on the old dirt road. Last year at the beginning of the road some shady characters moved in for a while. They did not work and sat out on their porch staring at the cars going by as if they wanted to bite your tire like a dog. They looked like gangsters and I seriously doubt they were all legal.

Thank goodness in a few months they were gone.

M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums