United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
haha - nice!

Like, 15-20 years ago my favorite pants were this olive pair of corduroy cargo pants. A few weeks ago I got a hankering to buy another pair - but couldn't find them anywhere. Eventually I tracked down some on ebay - which I promptly bought.

She said whatever made me happy was cool, but didn't I clue into the fact that I couldn't find them anywhere but ebay?

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You have a supporter in my husband as well. He wears cargo shorts all the time (and I can't imagine him wearing any other style). In shorts especially.....what's even the alternative? Flat front shorts like these? He also doesn't tuck in his shirts.

41Q8Pv6gJTL._AC_UL260_SR200,260_.jpg

Reactions: DZoolander
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Reactions: Kindled
Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you needing to make a silent entrance or get away?
My granddad was about 350 and could walk thru dried fallen leaves and no one would ever hear him (1/4 Pottawatomie Indian) So I dislike hearing footsteps or anything else like that, including the "whoosh whoosh" of cords.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
My granddad was about 350 and could walk thru dried fallen leaves and no one would ever hear him (1/4 Pottawatomie Indian) So I dislike hearing footsteps or anything else like that, including the "whoosh whoosh" of cords.
Oh.....so Dave Steplightly.

I have the gift of being noisy no matter how hard I try to be quiet. In fact....the more I try, the noisier I am. For instance.....one time I knocked over a giant bag of recyclables left in the family cabin in the middle of the night. I didn't want to turn on a light (afraid I'd wake everyone). Well.....imagine what a bag full of bottles and aluminum cans sounds like on a tile floor when everything is silent. That's me trying to be quiet.

Upvote 0

Odetta

Thankful for grace
Jan 24, 2014
Georgia
✟32,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My oldest son is a Boy Scout, and my husband is a Scout leader. We have a lot of cargo shorts in our house.

I don't like corduroy. I remember being in elementary school and there was this corduroy dress my mom got me that I hated, but she made me wear it anyway. It was the style/cut i didn't like, but the fabric makes me remember all that. Oh, also, in pre-school, she made me wear pink corduroy pants on picture day, when I wanted to wear a dress. Clearly corduroy and mommy issues go hand in hand for me.

• Haha
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My husband doesn’t have a sense of style at all. He has these awful olive green camo carpenter pants. An ugly faded red cowboy shirt. All his T-shirt’s are from high school, faded with holes and show his belly. It’s like pulling teeth to get him in new clothes lol!

Reactions: DZoolander
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OK Jeff

Jan 19, 2017
NA
✟63,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On being “in style”....a short story.
I was mid 20s, hadn’t yet put together enough farm/ranch land to make a living. So I had taken a day job managing a farm supply store and grain elevator. I had two college boys working for me during the summer. One day my grampa came in to do business (more to visit), dressed exactly the same as he’d dressed the duration of my life. The boys came in for marching orders and noticed him. One said “that’s a killer pearl snap!” Grampa wasn’t amused by the compliment, he didn’t even know it was a compliment. Point is he was just going on, wearing the same clothes he’d always worn, and along the line, unwittingly became “in style”. Moral of the story: stick with what works. It’ll come back around one day.
I dress the same every day of the year. Only difference is I wear a straw hat in the summer, felt in the winter. Before I met the wife, all my shirts were blue and/or grey (I’m colorblind). Now she buys my clothes and wear what she buys, so long as they’re the style, material, and brands I like. She even has me wearing colors, so long as they aren’t too exciting. I don’t know or care what’s “in style”, but I know eventually my clothes will be again.

Upvote 0