You Can Understand the Book of Revelation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ondaball

hlc_rev-horses.jpg

Cataclysmic environmental changes—a coming nuclear World War—the rise and fall of governments worldwide—food shortages—widespread disease and pestilence!

These and other nightmarish events are foretold in the final pages of the Bible.

Through the centuries, other “thinkers” have tried to promote their own personal ideas and biblical interpretations—all in vain!

Few can decipher this book’s true meaning, leaving mankind in a state of confusion.

Many read the vivid descriptions contained in this perplexing book, wondering if these represent real events or if they are simply symbolism from centuries past.

Some read about the mysterious “four horsemen” (
Rev. 6:2-8 - see www.BibleGateway.org) - and speculate as to what they represent.

2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

3 When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!"

4 Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.

5 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand.

6 Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying,
"A quart[a] of wheat for a day's wages,[b] and three quarts of barley for a day's wages,[
c] and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

7 When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!"

8 I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Footnotes:

1. Revelation 6:6 Greek a choinix (probably about a liter) Revelation 6:6 Greek a denarius
  2. Revelation 6:6 Greek a denarius
Deeper in the book are frightening descriptions of the sun becoming “black as sackcloth,” the moon “red as blood” and the “stars of heaven” falling to the earth.

What do these heavenly signs mean?

Many, watching Hiroshima & Nagasaki 'A' bomb mushroom clouds - & the Iraq 'shock & awe' MOABS, etc, sure recognised Joel 2:20 etc

Later, Revelation chapter 9 - see www.BibleGateway.org - depicts modern machinery of war, described as “locusts…like unto horses prepared unto battle,” “wings…as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle,” and “tails like unto scorpions, and…stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.”

I blogged it the day after Led Zep reunion gig & TV docu @ Pink Floyd Story - saying I taped Rev 6, 8 & 9, with explanations, to Pink Floyd 23-minute classic 'Echoes' & played it in many NW & N Wales precincts, the week I was on Southport Visiter front page - (@ 6/7 weeks after Holly & Jessica hot summer kidnap)

Again, Arab Christian Salem Kirban & Messianic Jew Gary Cohen classic '70s book, Revelation Visualised, well illustrated how a 1st century seer would describe such visons of swarms of military helicopters

Many are vaguely aware of the foretelling of an apocalyptic showdown in the “battle of Armageddon” and the end of the world (the earth) and mankind.

However, while human beings will witness worldwide suffering as never before seen, mankind will not wipe itself from existence—God will not allow it!

Armageddon is clearly where Christ slaughters Antichrist armies - for daring to invade His Holy Land & attack His Holy City - as in Joel 3, Zechariah 14 & Revelation 16 - see www.BibleGateway.org.

In fact, Armageddon is not a battle. Rather, it is a place—the Valley of Megiddo 55 miles north of Jerusalem—where forces from the East will gather to clash with the military might of the North (Rev. 9:16; Dan. 11:44) - see www.BibleGateway.org.

16 The number of the mounted troops was two hundred million. I heard their number.

44 But reports from the east and the north will alarm him, and he will set out in a great rage to destroy and annihilate many.

Again, early in my blog has full details of Armageddon - in Joel 3, Zechariah 14 & Revelation 16 - but Revelation prophesied the classic pattern of escalation & I blogged the preceding wars @ Ezekiel 38-39 & Revelation 6, 8 & 9 with commentary

Readers are left with these symbols and seemingly cryptic descriptions of future events and their timing, yet the true meaning of the events detailed in this mysterious book are not understood.

However, its title, “Revelation” (apokalupsis in the original Greek), means “appearing, coming, lighten, manifestation, be revealed,” and “laying bare, a disclosure of truth, instruction, concerning things before unknown.”

The purpose of this prophetic book is to reveal knowledge of the future—not hide it!

Like a giant jigsaw puzzle, the teachings and prophecies of God’s Word on any one subject are scattered throughout Scripture.

Notice (Isa. 28:9-10)

9 "Who is it he is trying to teach?
To whom is he explaining his message?
To children weaned from their milk,
to those just taken from the breast?

10 For it is:
Do and do, do and do,
rule on rule, rule on rule [a] ;
a little here, a little there."

Footnotes:
  1. Isaiah 28:10 Hebrew / sav lasav sav lasav / kav lakav kav lakav (possibly meaningless sounds; perhaps a mimicking of the prophet's words also in verse 13 (Isa. 28:9-10) - see www.BibleGateway.org.
Verses must be carefully “pieced together” to grasp the full picture, including the symbolic imagery and prophetic chronology described in the book of Revelation.

Millions view the book of Revelation with uncertainty, as with all Scripture. Its purpose seems hidden behind a mysterious fog, clouding the thinking of most.

Although misunderstood, the consensus of most is that the book composed entirely of “doom and gloom.” Few understand the good news it contains.

But first there is bad news.

Today, the governments and societies of men are like a condemned building waiting to be knocked down.

While people scramble to save it with peace summits, coalitions, treaties and aid programs, this “building”—the culmination of 6,000 years of men ruling themselves—sways back and forth in the “winds” of increasing poverty, economic instability and the growing threat of mutually-assured mass destruction.

Yet the “building” will collapse and be replaced by the government of God finally bringing lasting peace (Isa. 9:6-7 & Isa 65-66 early in blog & Rev 20 also early in blog) - see www.BibleGateway.org.

6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, [a] Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David's throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the LORD Almighty
will accomplish this.

Footnotes:
  1. Isaiah 9:6 Or Wonderful, Counselor
This is the untold good news of the book of Revelation!

Google Revelation 21-22 commentary

God bless!

Ian

holdon

Aug 3, 2005
✟6,041.00
Faith
Christian
hlc_rev-horses.jpg

Cataclysmic environmental changes—a coming nuclear World War—the rise and fall of governments worldwide—food shortages—widespread disease and pestilence!

These and other nightmarish events are foretold in the final pages of the Bible.

Through the centuries, other “thinkers” have tried to promote their own personal ideas and biblical interpretations—all in vain!

Few can decipher this book’s true meaning, leaving mankind in a state of confusion.

Many read the vivid descriptions contained in this perplexing book, wondering if these represent real events or if they are simply symbolism from centuries past.

Some read about the mysterious “four horsemen” (Rev. 6:2-8 - see www.BibleGateway.org) - and speculate as to what they represent.

2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

3 When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!"

4 Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.

5 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand.

6 Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart[a] of wheat for a day's wages,[b] and three quarts of barley for a day's wages,[c] and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

7 When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!"

8 I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Footnotes:
  1. Revelation 6:6 Greek a choinix (probably about a liter) Revelation 6:6 Greek a denarius
  2. Revelation 6:6 Greek a denarius
Deeper in the book are frightening descriptions of the sun becoming “black as sackcloth,” the moon “red as blood” and the “stars of heaven” falling to the earth.

What do these heavenly signs mean?

Many, watching Hiroshima & Nagasaki 'A' bomb mushroom clouds - & the Iraq 'shock & awe' MOABS, etc, sure recognised Joel 2:20 etc

Later, Revelation chapter 9 - see www.BibleGateway.org - depicts modern machinery of war, described as “locusts…like unto horses prepared unto battle,” “wings…as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle,” and “tails like unto scorpions, and…stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.”

I blogged it the day after Led Zep reunion gig & TV docu @ Pink Floyd Story - saying I taped Rev 6, 8 & 9, with explanations, to Pink Floyd 23-minute classic 'Echoes' & played it in many NW & N Wales precincts, the week I was on Southport Visiter front page - (@ 6/7 weeks after Holly & Jessica hot summer kidnap)

Again, Arab Christian Salem Kirban & Messianic Jew Gary Cohen classic '70s book, Revelation Visualised, well illustrated how a 1st century seer would describe such visons of swarms of military helicopters

Many are vaguely aware of the foretelling of an apocalyptic showdown in the “battle of Armageddon” and the end of the world (the earth) and mankind.

However, while human beings will witness worldwide suffering as never before seen, mankind will not wipe itself from existence—God will not allow it!

Armageddon is clearly where Christ slaughters Antichrist armies - for daring to invade His Holy Land & attack His Holy City - as in Joel 3, Zechariah 14 & Revelation 16 - see www.BibleGateway.org.

In fact, Armageddon is not a battle. Rather, it is a place—the Valley of Megiddo 55 miles north of Jerusalem—where forces from the East will gather to clash with the military might of the North (Rev. 9:16; Dan. 11:44) - see www.BibleGateway.org.

16 The number of the mounted troops was two hundred million. I heard their number.

44 But reports from the east and the north will alarm him, and he will set out in a great rage to destroy and annihilate many.

Again, early in my blog has full details of Armageddon - in Joel 3, Zechariah 14 & Revelation 16 - but Revelation prophesied the classic pattern of escalation & I blogged the preceding wars @ Ezekiel 38-39 & Revelation 6, 8 & 9 with commentary

Readers are left with these symbols and seemingly cryptic descriptions of future events and their timing, yet the true meaning of the events detailed in this mysterious book are not understood.

However, its title, “Revelation” (apokalupsis in the original Greek), means “appearing, coming, lighten, manifestation, be revealed,” and “laying bare, a disclosure of truth, instruction, concerning things before unknown.”

The purpose of this prophetic book is to reveal knowledge of the future—not hide it!

Like a giant jigsaw puzzle, the teachings and prophecies of God’s Word on any one subject are scattered throughout Scripture.

Notice (Isa. 28:9-10)

9 "Who is it he is trying to teach?
To whom is he explaining his message?
To children weaned from their milk,
to those just taken from the breast?

10 For it is:
Do and do, do and do,
rule on rule, rule on rule [a] ;
a little here, a little there."

Footnotes:
  1. Isaiah 28:10 Hebrew / sav lasav sav lasav / kav lakav kav lakav (possibly meaningless sounds; perhaps a mimicking of the prophet's words also in verse 13 (Isa. 28:9-10) - see www.BibleGateway.org.
Verses must be carefully “pieced together” to grasp the full picture, including the symbolic imagery and prophetic chronology described in the book of Revelation.

Millions view the book of Revelation with uncertainty, as with all Scripture. Its purpose seems hidden behind a mysterious fog, clouding the thinking of most.

Although misunderstood, the consensus of most is that the book composed entirely of “doom and gloom.” Few understand the good news it contains.

But first there is bad news.

Today, the governments and societies of men are like a condemned building waiting to be knocked down.

While people scramble to save it with peace summits, coalitions, treaties and aid programs, this “building”—the culmination of 6,000 years of men ruling themselves—sways back and forth in the “winds” of increasing poverty, economic instability and the growing threat of mutually-assured mass destruction.

Yet the “building” will collapse and be replaced by the government of God finally bringing lasting peace (Isa. 9:6-7 & Isa 65-66 early in blog & Rev 20 also early in blog) - see www.BibleGateway.org.

6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, [a] Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David's throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the LORD Almighty
will accomplish this.

Footnotes:
  1. Isaiah 9:6 Or Wonderful, Counselor
This is the untold good news of the book of Revelation!

Google Revelation 21-22 commentary

God bless!

Ian

It seems we have here an umptieth example of what the apostle Peter warned us against:

no prophecy of scripture is had from its own particular interpretation.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
6 Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart[a] of wheat for a day's wages,[b] and three quarts of barley for a day's wages,[c] and do not damage the oil and the wine!"
It appears the Judean rulers of Judea/Jerusalem worst fears came true and John is showing us in visions how that was accomplished. :wave:

http://www.scripture4all.org/

John 11:48 "If-ever we may be be letting Him thus, all shall be believing in Him.
And shall be coming the Romans/rwmaioi <4514> and they shall be taking away of Us and the Place and the Nation.

Reve 6:6 And I hear as a-sound in midst of the four living-ones, saying: "choinex of grain of Denarius/dhnariou <1220> and three choinex of barleys of Denarius/dhnariou <1220> and the olive-oil and the wine no you should be injuring".

1220. denarion day-nar'-ee-on of Latin origin; a denarius (or ten asses):--pence, penny(-worth).
AV - penny 9, pence 5, pennyworth 2; 16 denarius = "containing ten"
1) A Roman silver coin in NT time. It took its name from it being equal to ten "asses", a number after 217 B.C. increased to
sixteen (about 3.898 grams or .1375 oz.).

http://www.davieapostolicchurch.com/studies/destuct/

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover. At this season multitudes came up from all the surrounding country, and from distant parts, to keep the festival and the city was at this time crowded with Jewish strangers,...........

.......The Temple now presented little more than a heap of ruins

Upvote 0
B

Ben12

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John: Who bare record of the Word of God, and of the Testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that read, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand." (Revelation 1:1-3).

Blessed is he that reads, hears, and keeps the message of this Book. There is a special blessing reserved for those who do so, yet so often people have shunned the Book, either because it was veiled to their understanding (though it is declared to be a revelation), or else they thought it was too negative--- filled with images of beasts, woes, and the various judgments of God. But as the holy Spirit causes His light to shine upon the truth, again and again we find it to be a positive message of hope and victory.

Furthermore, note the phrase, "For the time is at hand..." He does not relegate this to a far-off future series of events, but it becomes experientially worked out in each of us as He draws us to Himself, conforming us to His image. As Jesus stated, "The hour comes, and now is..." (John 4:23). For those whom He is drawing to Himself as the firstfruits of His new creation order, it is not only coming, but already begun. The in working process has started, and must continue until it is fully consummated, to His glory. So, for the multitudes it is coming, for the firstfruits it is on now, as they "taste the good Word of God, and the powers of the world (age) to come.'' (Hebrews 6:5).
It has been said, there are five ways to interpret the Book:

1) Historically, it all happened a long time ago.
2) Present, in our now, but mostly negative, as people try to fit the events of their day into its pages, wondering if these certain happenings fulfill the judgment and doom they have been told is to come, to signify times end, though they hope they can escape from it all.
3) Futuristically, it will all happen out there some time.
4) Idealistically, poetically, using mental images from which to form your ideals and values, etc.
5) All of the above, practicing parts of each. Perhaps that is how many view it today. Some of it is viewed historically, some of it is viewed
prophetically, and betimes men look to see if it verifies the time table that "the end is upon us.'' While occasionally passages are used to draw images and pictures that men apply to their day, as they interpret various points and fit them together.

Now we would present a different approach, as the holy Spirit quickens various passages, and gives us a POSITIVE VIEW, with our Lord Jesus Christ as the Center of our focus, for this is declared to be, "A REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST." This phrase tells it all. The book was written for one purpose, to be the revelation of a Person, not of historical events, nor of future doom and negativism. Every woe, every vial, every thunder, etc. has but one purpose, TO BRING FORTH THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST. All that is written of beasts, images, marks, Babylon, etc. are simply issues that are exposed because of the Light. Every revelation of Him will expose the darkness, not to bring terror, but to swallow it up into the Light. "For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world though Him might be saved." (John 3:17). SALVATION IN FULL is the ultimate victory to be brought forth. "Behold, I make all things new." (Revelation 21:5). Amen!

Furthermore, God "sent and signified it," that is, He revealed the message through signs and symbols. They are not literal, HE IS THE REALITY! The signs and symbols are but a means to an end, not an end in themselves--they point to Him, revealing more of His nature, His character, His purpose, that He might be glorified, for the fulfillment is found in HIM. This is a book of positive spiritual realities communicated by the means of these picturesque scenes and events. You will not read of their fulfillment in the Daily News, because they are not speaking of world events. This is the unveiling of a Person who has not yet been seen in all His power and majesty. But as He is revealed TO US, and IN US, you will see these things fulfilled in a people who are becoming ONE IN HIM--thus it is a revelation of Him, albeit also being in a people who share and manifest His glory.

The above is from a book written by Ray Prinzing and can be found on the Web....

Upvote 0
B

Ben12

"When He had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and He that sat on him had a pair of balances in His hand." (Revelation 6:5).
"Come and see..." "Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord..." (Hosea 6:3). It is a progressive revelation, for "the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith." And it is an outworking of the REDEMPTION PROCESS-- we must keep that before us, lest we become overwhelmed with all His work in us. "He is able also to save us to the uttermost..." (Hebrews 7:25). The severity of the processing cannot dim the hope of our being made partakers of His divine nature, being conformed to His image, and entering into the joy that is set before us.
It is also essential that the first seal would be of the "white horse" bringing light and divine illumination to us, showing us the purity of that to which we are called, before we face this "black horse" with all of its inworkings. The holy Spirit quickens various aspects to different individuals, we share the two points He impresses upon us-- black, and balances.
One of the reasons for His riding these black experiences into our life, is to bring us into BALANCE. Why does He "set men in depression ?" (Psalm 90:3, Ferrar Fenton). Why this BLACK MOOD that settles upon some? Why the dark night of the soul? Because in divine wisdom He incorporates the night with the light, and calls it "a day." "And the evening and the morning were the first day." (Genesis 1:5). And the sequence is most proper– for however dark the night might be, yet the process ends with the dawning light of that perfect day. "For His anger endureth but a moment; in His favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." (Psalm 30:5). Through it all He brings a balance to the inner man.
Change the metaphor for just a moment, for we find in Jesus Christ the perfect illustration for a balanced life. In the Old Testament it speaks of offerings made to the Lord "of fine flour." He is that Perfect Offering! In fine flour not one particle is more predominant than any other particle, there is no unevenness. In Christ we see every grace in perfectness, none out of place, none wanting. His firmness never degenerated into obstinacy. His calmness never became stoical indifference. His gentleness was never a weakness. In Christ no one thing is singled out, all is even-- in perfect balance. And such He would work in us today.
HE RIDES WITH A BALANCE IN HIS HAND-- "Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; and all flesh shall see the salvation of the Lord." (Luke 3:5-6). Salvation! Redemption! The black horse rides for this! The ultimate goal is total restoration for every creature!
What a shout of victory shall be heard, when the overcomers are manifested in the glory of HIS BALANCE. The song of the ages which has long been buried deep within shall be heard again-- as "When the morning stars sang together; and all the sons of God shouted for joy." (Job 38:7). What praise, what worship shall arise as sweet incense unto Him who has wrought such a glorious redemption under the cover of the dark night of the soul. Truly, "The darkness hideth not from Thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to Thee." (Psalm 139:12).
Jesus said to Peter, "Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: but I have prayed for thee, that thy faith shall not." (Luke 22:31-32). Why the sifting? To sift out all the uneven particles-- the doubt, the unbelief, the self-will, etc. until only "fine flour" remains. We get so tossed and shaken we think all balance is gone-- but all of this is working that He might bring us into HIS balance. And don't forget, He says, "I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not." Fail not-- literally, the Greek text reads, "will not go into an eclipse. " HIS PRAYER SHALL BE ANSWERED! His faith in us shall rise up and overcome. "The life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me." (Galatians 2:20).
The message came to Belshazzar, "Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting " (Daniel 5:27). Likewise we look at ourselves and we see such lack, such need. But He rides within to balance out our need with His sufficiency, our lack with His fullness. "He maketh peace thy borders, and filleth thee with the finest of wheat." (Psalm 147:14). He is the one that "bindeth up our wounds, pouring in oil and wine." (Luke 10:34). He is that Great Physician, He is our Healing Redeemer!
Far too long we have fastened our attention upon the blackness of the night, but now it is time to look only on the Rider-- "the Author and the Finisher of our faith." He will ride prosperously through the night, and joy will come in the morning.
"And when He had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and His name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth." (Revelation 6:7-8).
"Come and see..." By degrees the revelation unfolds, and we glimpse more of the mystery of our redemption-- to bow in awesome wonder, and say with Paul, "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out!" (Romans 11:33).
What an outworking of redemption in us-- the white horse, the red horse, the black horse, have ridden so prosperously in the areas of their purpose, that now as we come to this fourth horse, we see its ministration is to "the fourth part of the earth." This signifies the success of the preceding processes, and the conclusion of His work over what remains. When this horse has ridden through, it will have finished the purging, purifying, ending of the old realm of carnality, that we might be filled with His life. He has all the equipment necessary for accomplishing the task-- for "ALL power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth." (Matthew 28:18).
"I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and HAVE THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH." (Revelation 1:18). All power-- all authority, and all ability, HE HAS IT! And "death and hell" are now under His control, to use as servants, instruments for His working. He uses death to help us die out to the carnal mind, to self, to sin. "I kill, and I make alive; wound, and I heal; neither is there any that can deliver out of My hand." (Deuteronomy 32:39).
"Come, and let us return unto the Lord: for He hath torn, and He will heal us; He hath smitten, and He will bind us up." (Hosea 6:1 ). No mention of "the devil" here, no glorifying of negative forces-- because HE IS IN CONTROL. "Fire, and hail; snow, and vapour; stormy wind fulfilling His Word." (Psalm 148:8). He knows just how much of the DEATH PROCESS is needed at any given time, and truly, "The way of the cross leads home."
Death came as an enemy, the result of when man turned away from God, to the minding of self and the flesh. Now God makes death overcome itself. It is by death that death is rendered powerless, and there shall arise a new life-- His. It takes death to destroy death, and thus Christ "did taste death for every man, - that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage." (Hebrews 2:9, 14-15)
How clear is the Word Jesus gave, "When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour where in he trusted, and divideth his spoils." (Luke 11:21-22). Once the devil had "the power of death," and so as a thief he came "to steal, and to kill, and to destroy." But then A STRONGER than he came and took away his armour-- rendered him powerless, and now CHRIST ALONE has the keys of death and of hell. To deny this is to blaspheme the triumph of Calvary. The Rider of the "pale horse" has total authority over death and hell, and now can use them for the furtherance of His process of REDEMPTION. Thus, by His enablement, we conquer the death of the carnal mind by dying to it. Only God could use such a process to bring victory and release His new life in us.
"To kill with the sword..." "Out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations." (Revelation 19:15).
"For the Word of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword." (Hebrews 4:12). Thank God for this sword which kills-- and yet quickens us anew with His life.
"And with hunger..." What lusts within, what passions, what desires are "starved to death," that He might give us the desires of His heart. We get so hungry for fellowship we think we'll die, and yet when He has finished His inworking we desire only HIS true fellowship-- He let that hunger rage within us until it burned itself out, and now we hunger and thirst only after Him, and such, He said, "shall be filled."
"And with the beasts of the earth..." In a way so unique and amazing, He is able to marshal the bestial nature of men about us, so that they are His instruments to put to death in us that which is not pleasing to Him. They might well be termed "vessels of wrath fitted to destruction" (Romans 9:22), but they are under His control. "For Thou, O God, hath proved us: Thou hast tried us, as silver is tried. Thou broughtest us into the net; Thou laidest affliction upon our loins. THOU CAUSED MEN TO RIDE OVER OUR HEADS; we went through fire and through water but Thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place." (Psalm 66:10-12)
Is He prosperous! Yes, the end result is that He brings us INTO A WEALTHY PLACE. The Hebrew word means: fullness. And the same word is used in the verse, "Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over." (Psalm 23:5). Wealthy, running over-- such is the abundant life we have in Christ. For, "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in Thy presence is fullness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." (Psalm 16:11).
Ride on, O Redeemer! Whatever the process, however hot the fire, however dark the night, however sharp the sword, however long the fight-- the victory is secure in Thee.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.