Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
If restrooms are unisex, then biological male transwomen will be sharing the restroom with other men, so they might as well just use the men's room in the first place.
Is this an attempt to force trans people out of the restrooms or would it be just as easy to provide private restrooms? They figured this out decades ago in Europe. I was at the beach in the Netherlands where the restroom wasn't a men's or women's. They just had a door on every stall that allowed for privacy and allowed each stall to be locked. Are we so behind the times that we can't figure out how to make a stall private and say it's more efficient to kick trans people out of the restroom entirely? That's why I have been saying over and over that conservatives would prefer policing restrooms instead of just making them lockable and private. Of course, the conservative would rather keep trans people out of their business than provide a private toilet am I right? Would you prefer to just not be subjected to the view of a man dressed as a woman period? That would line up with most conservatives' viewpoints.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,265,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Knights would not have been rejected. Jesus did not condemn the centurion, He healed his servant, and praised his faith. Jesus never condemned a soldier for being a soldier, and Christianity being a religion not devoid of practicality and common sense, neither did the early Church.

Jesus acted out of compassion, he never approved of the centurion's profession. On the contrary, Jesus said "blessed are the peacemakers".

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟735,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
If restrooms are unisex, then biological male transwomen will be sharing the restroom with other men, so they might as well just use the men's room in the first place.
Why do they have to share? Do we not have the technology available to make private unisex stalls. See, it always goes back to the conservative fear of transgender people.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟173,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, if they put in unisex restrooms, no harm no foul, and everybody gets what they want. What I see from many conservative standpoints is that these business owners should have the right to police their restrooms instead of making them unisex.
It easy to do. I was at a state park in California last week, and the little cabin with two doors down at the end of the parking lot had two signs: one said "Ungendered Toilet (with urinals)" and the other said "Ungendered Toilet (without urinals)" :p

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟144,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the same way that they can choose for colored people to use or not use their restrooms?
No one is telling them they can’t use the restroom. They are being asked to use the one that corresponds with their genitalia.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟872,820.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Jesus acted out of compassion, he never approved of the centurion's profession. On the contrary, Jesus said "blessed are the peacemakers".
Well sure, but He never explicitly approved of any profession. He never said "blessed are the farmers" or "blessed are the carpenters".

(And I hope no Monty Python fan mentions cheesemakers being blessed. :)}

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, if they put in unisex restrooms, no harm no foul, and everybody gets what they want. What I see from many conservative standpoints is that these business owners should have the right to police their restrooms instead of making them unisex.

Unisex restrooms don't help this situation as it happened in a locker room where people change into workout clothes.

While I genuinely appreciate you offering floor to ceiling locked bathroom stalls as a solution to a very specific part of the issue....it has nothing to do with the OP.

• Winner
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟144,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 13:3 - For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil.Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 13:4 - for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟735,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It easy to do. I was at a state park in California last week, and the little cabin with two doors down at the end of the parking lot had two signs: one said "Ungendered Toilet (with urinals)" and the other said "Ungendered Toilet (without urinals)" :p
Problem solved!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟735,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
No one is telling them they can’t use the restroom. They are being asked to use the one that corresponds with their genitalia.
Again, why is it more important to distinguish your genitals than just providing unisex toilets where gender doesn't matter? It seems to be nothing more than the desire to be able to point out people who are different than just making it a non-issue with unisex toilets. What is this fascination with knowing whose genitals are going in what restroom when a unisex toilet takes gender totally out of the picture? That's the other problem with the conservative way of thinking it seems to often be a "them or us." viewpoint. What if it didn't matter what genitals one has because they have a private stall? There is something that conservatives can't seem to grasp on how simple that is.

• Winner
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟735,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Unisex restrooms don't help this situation as it happened in a locker room where people change into workout clothes.

While I genuinely appreciate you offering floor to ceiling locked bathroom stalls as a solution to a very specific part of the issue....it has nothing to do with the OP.
So let me get this straight....it's also not possible to build private showers with a space in front of the stall to change? That's what I was getting at. What is making things so complicated that people can't go into a private shower stall and change clothes in it? I used to go to an LA Fitness who had private shower stalls with a little bench and a hook at the front of the stall. Complete privacy for everyone who showers or changes. It was still separated by men and women but I don't see what is so complicated about a private shower stall/place to sit down and hang up your clean outfit.

Can you see why it's really a non-issue if it's dealt with in a fair way? Can you see why we don't need to continue the50s-90s method of wide open showers and no privacy? I keep going around and around with you conservative types and nobody can tell me how having a private shower is more or less complicated that wide open butt-naked showers for all? Is the desire to hold on to that model about bonding with your fellow naked athletes, is it simply about conforming to an already established system of group showering, or do conservatives really feel the need to know what set of genitalia everyone has been given.

It's so so simple. Private showers, problem solved. There is no real need to make society adjust in order for conservatives to be comfortable with the rate that society is changing. At the heart of it, it still is simply being of a political view that wants as little change as possible full stop.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟611,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do they have to share? Do we not have the technology available to make private unisex stalls.
Public restrooms already have private stalls.
See, it always goes back to the conservative fear of transgender people.
Shame on those women and girls not wanting a strange man in the bathroom with them.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟611,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is this an attempt to force trans people out of the restrooms or would it be just as easy to provide private restrooms? They figured this out decades ago in Europe. I was at the beach in the Netherlands where the restroom wasn't a men's or women's. They just had a door on every stall that allowed for privacy and allowed each stall to be locked. Are we so behind the times that we can't figure out how to make a stall private and say it's more efficient to kick trans people out of the restroom entirely? That's why I have been saying over and over that conservatives would prefer policing restrooms instead of just making them lockable and private. Of course, the conservative would rather keep trans people out of their business than provide a private toilet am I right? Would you prefer to just not be subjected to the view of a man dressed as a woman period? That would line up with most conservatives' viewpoints.
That doesn't make sense because public restrooms already have locking private stalls. And the reason why biological male transwomen are wanting to use women's restrooms is to feel safe.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟611,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see your error. The US has always been "Western Secular Civilization".
No there's always been a Christian influence that's kept things in check. That's what's being complained about.

• Agree
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟611,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34

Then the angel of God, who had been traveling in front of Israel’s army, withdrew and went behind them. The pillar of cloud also moved from in front and stood behind them, Exodus 14:19

Many hold that the angel of God was the preincarnate Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟735,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Public restrooms already have private stalls.

Shame on those women and girls not wanting a strange man in the bathroom with them.
Please tell me, how does providing a private lockable stall is NOT looking out for a woman's privacy? I keep demonstrating by these kinds of answers we can see it's actually conservatives who want women to show their nakedness to others in the way of an open shower for women rather than just making showers private. Is there some reason you would rather women get naked with other women rather than get naked in private? Is there some desire for women to get naked in public places that makes it preferable to getting naked in private?

By your statement, I can see that you would prefer putting our naked mothers, and sisters, on display in a public women's shower than simply provide private facilities.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟735,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
That doesn't make sense because public restrooms already have locking private stalls. And the reason why biological male transwomen are wanting to use women's restrooms is to feel safe.
There is a stall and there is a private stall. Why don't our conservative brothers know the difference?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟611,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By your statement, I can see that you would prefer putting our naked mothers, and sisters, on display in a public women's shower than simply provide private facilities.
You shouldn't tell lies about people to make them look bad and personal attacks like that are against the rules.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟611,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is a stall and there is a private stall. Why don't our conservative brothers know the difference?
The difference is whether or not you can see someone's feet by crouching down.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.