Yesterday was a nightmare -- Need prayer for dizziness, chest pains, shakiness & more

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This has to do w/ driving into the city.

Morning went fine. First 2 stops, no problem. Unloading the van with the items, no problem.

However, Went to pick up supplies out of the city, then when I was heading to home depot, around 10 or 11am, I started getting lightheaded. Didn't think much about it, but also while driving to home depot, the van I was driving started to overheat, I thought bc of all the weight I was carrying in it. After leaving home depot, the engine temp was at dangerous levels so I had to pull over to let it cool off.

The van doesn't have any ac and yesterday was the hottest day of the summer so far so I had to sit in the van for 45 min bc I had nowhere else to go. The lightheadedness and dizziness got worse. And I started getting tingling and numbness in my hands. I found an autozone, they looked in the engine, saw there was no antifreeze in it. I had to let the van cool off w/ the engine compartment open. It wasn't a good neighborhood so, I didn't want to leave the van alone for a long period of time. I had gone into autozone a bit to try and feel better and cool off but it didn't work. Then went into dunkin donuts to cool off and get a coolata. I couldn't shake any of what I was feeling and it was just beginning. The real nightmare was only beginning.

After the hour was up, I put the antifreeze in and the van was fine. I started driving back into the city around 2:30. Bumper to bumper and gridlock everywhere. At one point, I was so hot, I was getting so confused and started shaking. I had gotten stuck in btwn a truck w/ a trailer and a bus who had collided with an suv. I couldn't fit thru the small space. I was waiting for the trailer to move but, he couldn't bc a guy was partially blocking him. I got so nervous bc I didn't know what to do and the heat was really getting to me. A taxi-driver behind the trailer helped me get thru the small space all the while pedestrians were screaming at me bc i wasn't leaving them any room to cross --- not all my fault though.

I finally got where I needed to go, the one guy there asked me what was wrong, I told him my symptoms and he told me to go relax, sit down and feel better. After a half hour, I was told to get going bc another driver was waiting for my spot so even though I wasn't ready to go, I left.

It was a LONG drive home and a scary one too. While driving home, I was getting dizzier, the tingling was getting worse in my hands and went into my face and I was shaking more. I couldn't wait to drop the van off. I finally did and as soon as I got in my car, I blasted the AC. I stayed in my car for 15 min w/ the AC blasting but nothing helped.

Got home, ate dinner, took a coolish shower, sat under the fan trying to feel better. After about 6 hours, I started to feel slightly better. But, I had a horrible night sleep.

Been awake for an hour now and am still feeling chest pains, lightheadedness, heart still beating a little fast, a little shaky, coughing a bit and yeah, not good. I'm debating on going to the ER. Just feeling nervous.

Being completely in the sun while driving all of yesterday, stuck in a hot van w/ no air circulation, hot and humid just got to me badly.

I haven't been in the mood to pray -- i didn't pray last night or this morning so, since I don't feel like praying, i'm asking you to please step in and pray for me.

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Morning went fine. First 2 stops, no problem. Unloading the van with the items, no problem.

However, Went to pick up supplies out of the city, then when I was heading to home depot, around 10 or 11am, I started getting lightheaded. Didn't think much about it, but also while driving to home depot, the van I was driving started to overheat, I thought bc of all the weight I was carrying in it. After leaving home depot, the engine temp was at dangerous levels so I had to pull over to let it cool off.

The van doesn't have any ac and yesterday was the hottest day of the summer so far so I had to sit in the van for 45 min bc I had nowhere else to go. The lightheadedness and dizziness got worse. And I started getting tingling and numbness in my hands. I found an autozone, they looked in the engine, saw there was no antifreeze in it. I had to let the van cool off w/ the engine compartment open. It wasn't a good neighborhood so, I didn't want to leave the van alone for a long period of time. I had gone into autozone a bit to try and feel better and cool off but it didn't work. Then went into dunkin donuts to cool off and get a coolata. I couldn't shake any of what I was feeling and it was just beginning. The real nightmare was only beginning.

After the hour was up, I put the antifreeze in and the van was fine. I started driving back into the city around 2:30. Bumper to bumper and gridlock everywhere. At one point, I was so hot, I was getting so confused and started shaking. I had gotten stuck in btwn a truck w/ a trailer and a bus who had collided with an suv. I couldn't fit thru the small space. I was waiting for the trailer to move but, he couldn't bc a guy was partially blocking him. I got so nervous bc I didn't know what to do and the heat was really getting to me. A taxi-driver behind the trailer helped me get thru the small space all the while pedestrians were screaming at me bc i wasn't leaving them any room to cross --- not all my fault though.

I finally got where I needed to go, the one guy there asked me what was wrong, I told him my symptoms and he told me to go relax, sit down and feel better. After a half hour, I was told to get going bc another driver was waiting for my spot so even though I wasn't ready to go, I left.

It was a LONG drive home and a scary one too. While driving home, I was getting dizzier, the tingling was getting worse in my hands and went into my face and I was shaking more. I couldn't wait to drop the van off. I finally did and as soon as I got in my car, I blasted the AC. I stayed in my car for 15 min w/ the AC blasting but nothing helped.

Got home, ate dinner, took a coolish shower, sat under the fan trying to feel better. After about 6 hours, I started to feel slightly better. But, I had a horrible night sleep.

Been awake for an hour now and am still feeling chest pains, lightheadedness, heart still beating a little fast, a little shaky, coughing a bit and yeah, not good. I'm debating on going to the ER. Just feeling nervous.

Being completely in the sun while driving all of yesterday, stuck in a hot van w/ no air circulation, hot and humid just got to me badly.

I haven't been in the mood to pray -- i didn't pray last night or this morning so, since I don't feel like praying, i'm asking you to please step in and pray for me.
You need to drink water and keep a cooler of water with you

Upvote 0

Forgiven4ever

Jul 13, 2017
Arkansas
✟7,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

All the symptoms you had sounds like dehydration. In this heat carry more to drink than you think you need and be careful out there. I'm praying for your complete recovery.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You need to drink water and keep a cooler of water with you

I had a jug of water with ice, gatorade, 3 sodas, 2 energy drinks and I had a coolata from dunkin donuts. I know energy drinks and soda I shouldn't have had but, i was starting to fall asleep and I needed it.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
just read your last line that you are still feeling this way

Yes you should go to the ER and get checked out

Is there anyone to take you?

not right now there isn't.

• Friendly
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just read online the differences between dehydration and heat stroke. I almost feel like I suffered with both.

With heat stroke, I had: sluggish, dizziness, rapid heart beat,

With dehydration i had: lightheadedness, confusion, dizziness

So, I really don't know which of them I had yesterday. Is it possible to have both? Where does the shakiness, chest pains and tingling in the hands and face come from though?

Upvote 0

John 1720

Harvest Worker
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2013
Massachusetts
✟149,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

I am not a doctor but when you're are displaying symptoms like this you need to get to the ER because they can be symptomatic of a heart attack. Many people have them and do not realize they had one - the enzymes may take up to 12 or more hours to show up so you need to get checked out. You may want to take some aspirin and call your doctor right away but I'm sure they'll tell you to get thee to the ER right away. Meanwhile we'll be praying for you!
Father I lift up my sister to you and pray your hedge of protection upon her body. May you provide the medical staff she needs and give them wisdom on how to treat her. Most of all Lord give her peace and the knowledge that you are with her in this.

In Jesus Mighty Name I pray, Amen

• Informative
Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had a jug of water with ice, gatorade, 3 sodas, 2 energy drinks and I had a coolata from dunkin donuts. I know energy drinks and soda I shouldn't have had but, i was starting to fall asleep and I needed it.
How are you feeling now?

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
thank God you made it through such a horrible day

just imagine if God wasn't helping you what it would have been like

praying for you to fully recover from heat stroke - that all symptoms will be totally reversed - so that it is as though nothing bad happened to you

also praying for you to have God's wisdom on what to do today about all the issues you face

keeping you covered in prayer today in Jesus' name

God Bless you dear friend

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,067,094.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Father I pray blessings on this request and for the healing of this condition in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the bbnradio.org Family Altar program... BBN Program Schedule

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian

Too much caffeine can lead to elevated pulse, tachycardia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.